• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
UH-UH! Oh no you didn't! No you just did not!

Hold me back! Someone me back! Otherwise it's gonna be me and you, Spring Man only, double Toaster loadout, in the Sparring Ring! Let's GO!
View attachment 6715

If I can get some headgear I like and chunks, sure. And it's been ages since I've used my Bamboozler Ninja Squid & Drop Roller/Stealth Jump loadout.

Surprise bamboozle lulz are good lulz!
How bout' Springtron and Guardian? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
3 Mains of Main Power Up on Splat Dualies is nice in a practically ridiculous kind of way.

Not only does having 3 Mains increase my damage to 33.3, meaning 3 shots does 99.9 damage which pretty much allows me to 3 shot anybody who even has a single tick of damage, which is most of the time.

But the fact I can raise my damage to 33.3 synergies a lot more with Burst Bomb. Since a mid tier indirect does 35 damage, that allows me to 2 shot enemies who've taken that indirect. As opposed to before where you'd still be 5 damage off.

Last edited:

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
So... I noticed this the other day, right after the headphones and white T-shirt were released, but can we all just take a minute to appreciate how the devs are systematically releasing all of the Splatoon 1 official characters’ gear with the new ability?

“We know, we remember Damage Up too. But do you remember THESE guys?”

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
So... I noticed this the other day, right after the headphones and white T-shirt were released, but can we all just take a minute to appreciate how the devs are systematically releasing all of the Splatoon 1 official characters’ gear with the new ability?

“We know, we remember Damage Up too. But do you remember THESE guys?”
For a second, when I saw the Bobble hat come up, I thought that Bobblechan's gear would come up. But alas, moto boots it is. Also Glasseskun's complete gear is on Splatnet sooooo...

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Thankfully most of the Splatoon tracks aren't remixes.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Well I'm having a "difficult" time as it were.

Though nearly all using MPU, it's rather neat to see Bamboozlers more often--there are now tens of us, TENS!!

Yet I'm slowly becoming a Bamboozler hipster if I'm not careful... ¬_¬;

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Well I'm having a "difficult" time as it were.

Though nearly all using MPU, it's rather neat to see Bamboozlers more often--there are now tens of us, TENS!!

Yet I'm slowly becoming a Bamboozler hipster if I'm not careful... ¬_¬;
Neat, with the addition of the Kensa gloogas there is now 4 of us, A WHOLE 4 PEOPLE WHO USE THIS D̶U̶M̶P̶S̶T̶E̶R̶ ̶F̶I̶R̶E̶ ̶O̶F̶ ̶A̶ ̶W̶E̶A̶P̶O̶N̶.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Oh yeah~, the Kensa Gloogas are a thing. Along with Kensa Luna and Sloshing Machine. I normally call them Kensa Fizzy Bomb, Kensa Fizzy Bomb Custom, and Kensa Rolling Fizzy Bomb. ^-^;

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
It’s true though, Gloogas have somehow become a top pick. On another topic though, how come I never heard about the perfect Beakons place in Camp Triggerfish?

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
It’s true though, Gloogas have somehow become a top pick. On another topic though, how come I never heard about the perfect Beakons place in Camp Triggerfish?
As a self-proclaimed Beakon main, I would be interested in hearing of this “perfect place”.

Although let’s be clear, anyone who’s played S1 knows that the best spot for a Beakon is on top of the central totem poles.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Top pick? Since when? While it is arguably the best weapon out of the Kensa picks v4 (Not much competition there). There are a multitude of weapons that does it's job better. H3D, Custom Hydra, (possibly Nzap), and most notably Kensa cover are all stronger armor weapons because of their kits and main weapons. (Kensa cover can be seen as a dualie counter).

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
@(actually I can’t type your name) Never perfect, of course, but a good place to fool solo q’ers is right under the elevated platform heading left from spawn.

@Metasepia Not gonna pretend I know everything about the meta; I’ve just been seeing them pretty often, every few games or so. I’d think it’s just because people think of it like the datamined custom squelchers with armor, and like the idea of dualies + armor = win.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
@Metasepia Not gonna pretend I know everything about the meta; I’ve just been seeing them pretty often, every few games or so. I’d think it’s just because people think of it like the datamined custom squelchers with armor, and like the idea of dualies + armor = win.
Not gonna lie, I was pretty stoked for Custom Squelchies with armor but alas, Ink storm is still an excellent special for the weapon's supportive role {I personally would consider it the second best Inkstorm weapon in the current meta, [Splat brella in first]}. I'm fairly certain ppl have been using Kloosas (Yes, I shall name them-Kloosas. Or Klensas tell me which sounds better.) Because NEW WEAPON HYPE, as well as the reasons you listed above. But I've also been seeing, albeit a miniscule amount of Glooga Deco players as well. But no vanilla Gloogas... It's like people want to forget it existed... :thinkemoji:

Ansible

Community Ambassador
And just like that, the youtube feed on my phone suggest a video by Sorin... a soloq match of him playing up the Kensa Rolling Fizzy Bomb Kensa Gloogas as a potentially strong weapon.

Such is life!

Other than the addition of MPU usage, I think most people just farmed and spammed specials when using Gloogas. I don't recall too many aggressive ones.

Also, does anyone who ever use

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Uh... I was saying
Hm... Does anyone else that uses dualies ever bother rolling without using ink/using as little as possible? As in you roll without firing a shot and don't shoot when you come to a stop, or even just wait a moment to shoot.

That and waiting just as you're about to stand, when your roll cooldown ends, to roll again.

Just curious and it'd be nice to know who else does this on occasion. Especially effectively.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Uh... I was saying
Hm... Does anyone else that uses dualies ever bother rolling without using ink/using as little as possible? As in you roll without firing a shot and don't shoot when you come to a stop, or even just wait a moment to shoot.

That and waiting just as you're about to stand, when your roll cooldown ends, to roll again.

Just curious and it'd be nice to know who else does this on occasion. Especially effectively.
I think it’s important to realize the utility and shortcomings of the dodge roll if you want to use it effectively. The roll moves you a fixed distance and isn’t hindered by opponents’ ink, so it can be used to escape situations where you’re at a terrain disadvantage. Because you move a fixed distance however, your movements are fairly predictable; @ThatOneGuy has a clip of him directing a Dualies user because he rolled in overused and predictable ways that I refer to often.

Your rate of fire also goes up considerably by removing one frame between bullets, so after rolling you paint significantly better and you become far more deadly. -and this doesn’t even take into account the near 100% accuracy. I feel like most people use their dodge rolls for this effect, so avoiding painting after rolling seems somewhat meaningless.

The only time I could imagine someone trying to roll around without painting is if they were trying to avoid leaving a trail on the minimap when they’re going for a sick flank, and even then you’re probably better off painting to leave an escape route if things go south.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I'm not certain that answers my question entirely?

Thus far I've toyed with the techniques for escaping or re-aiming. Conserving ink from unnecessary firing after each roll. And there's travel lulz if using the squelcher or tetra dualies.

Trying to figure out what uses and options can be imagined. *shrug*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom