• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I'm not certain that answers my question entirely?

Thus far I've toyed with the techniques for escaping or re-aiming. Conserving ink from unnecessary firing after each roll. And there's travel lulz if using the squelcher or tetra dualies.

Trying to figure out what uses and options can be imagined. *shrug*

I don't play dualies that much, but when I do, I'd use that trick to drop down a ledge quickly. Just for mobility sake, not for a kill. But other than that, idk what else you could hold the ink for. The ink on the dualies are all pretty generous.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I'm not certain that answers my question entirely?

Thus far I've toyed with the techniques for escaping or re-aiming. Conserving ink from unnecessary firing after each roll. And there's travel lulz if using the squelcher or tetra dualies.

Trying to figure out what uses and options can be imagined. *shrug*
I use the dodge roll midair while quickly changing directions for mixups or to bait out charger shots from enemies.
It also works for retreating back to ledge if on Moray

I also had a roll duel with a enemy duelies...roll and trying to get behind an enemy as roll and try to do the same...but nwither of us actually fired cuz we were too busy rolling:confused:

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
The best dualies I’ve played against seem to be masters of rolling around corners/obstacles straight into their shot. I’m not a great player, so rolls in general throw me (whether the dualies player is good or not theirselves). But I definitely find the great players have fewer “frickery” rolls and more decisive rolls.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Yes indeed, league too. Let's hope the game picks up in NA after the holidays!
League has been wild with JP lobbies.

I guess this is what latestage Splatalism looks like. So far, the lag has at least been mostly manageable.

Cephalobro

Looks like Salmon Run will continue to give out new gear, so the dream of obtaining the rest of the Replicas isn't dead yet! (for gear, at least)

Last edited:

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
This was fun. Here's my quick and dirty tier list. I think a few weapons are missing overall, but nothing that would have made a huge splash on my list.

View attachment 6717
When the standard Splattershot (my main weapon) is missing but all it’s variants are up there.

I guess you could count the Hero Shot though.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
When the standard Splattershot (my main weapon) is missing but all it’s variants are up there.

I guess you could count the Hero Shot though.
Custom JR but no vanilla JR, too. I believe Zink mini was also straight up missing.

But yeah, I had to use the reskin versions of a few to complete my list.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the result of years of research, my tier list, my greatest creation, my magnum opus, if you will. I present to you, the best Splatoon Tier List ever created.

So yeah, I’m a Splatoon player. Along with that I know many things that most don’t know about these weapons. Squelcher isn’t part of any weapon class and I’m not saying that because I love them. I’m saying that based off of years of research.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the result of years of research, my tier list, my greatest creation, my magnum opus, if you will. I present to you, the best Splatoon Tier List ever created.

So yeah, I’m a Splatoon player. Along with that I know many things that most don’t know about these weapons. Squelcher isn’t part of any weapon class and I’m not saying that because I love them. I’m saying that based off of years of research.
Very well thought out, factual, and not biased unlike most tier lists.

Maave

Inkling Commander

I concurr with the evidence provided

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
If Bamboozler isn't in B tier then all these tier list are trash! (bless you Spacey! ♥)
A Christmas miracle!

What stuck out to me while scooting through my list was that the meta is so good right now. Nearly every weapon is viable (even if just niche situations) and literally every special is viable as long as we don’t count curling bomb rush, which we don’t. Dope game.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288

I awoke from my grave just to say that this tier list is Grade A EPIC and I agree with its contents. Thank you for this.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Welp, now that much of the gift giving/returning has concluded, any recent squid baby encounters or stories to share?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom