• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
...Well, it’s damage instead for the Hydra and Ballpoint.
Yes, and this may actually work in their favour. The Ballpoint has the ability to recharge at any time and this doesn’t need prolonged fire rates; it instead works well with controlled bursts to maintain firing modes. The extra damage allows the Ballpoint to easily (3 subs) achieve its damage cap of 33.3, which is enough to 3-hit-KO any enemy that has touched your ink in the last one second.

The Hydra is capable of dealing more damage with its full charge bullets, so this opens the opportunity to deal as much as 49.9 damage per bullet and possibly nab an easy 2 hit kill on weakened enemies. It already fires for four seconds at a full charge, so tacking on more duration may not be needed as much.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
THANK SAKURAI IT'S NOT ON THE 8TH

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Well, at least they planned it to happen after the Smash release... unlike ARMS holding their Splatfest-like Party Crash this weekend. :confused:

*OOF!!! x *
Well, it’s not like there would be any audience crossover between fans of the fighting game Arms and fans of the fighting game Smash. So it’s pretty safe to have Splatfight or whatever it is Arms calls it.

Wait, I was being sarcastic above, but I just realized there really wouldn’t be crossover because nobody plays Arms.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
everyone thought we wouldn't get a splatfest this month since the holidays splatfest was announced for january but now that we are getting this one...i gotta ask

doesn't it seem weird christmas was phased out for a promotional smash splatfest?

EastWest

Inkling
NNID
EastWest
Switch Friend Code
SW-3211-5108-2053
the Bamboozler and Goo Tuber receiving damage up with Main Power Up is one of the more interesting changes for me right now. I am trying to do testing on the potential of the weapon in the testing room and turf war.
3 mains and 2 subs of MPU gives the Bamboozler an insane 99.2 damage on a full charge. A full charge and tap shot kill is quick, even on moving targets in the testing area. I was absolutely OHKOing people in turf war with this loadout.
My testing has been abruptly stopped because Salmon Run is closed and I cannot grind...anyone able to verify what MORE Main Power Up does to the damage cap of this weapon?

Last edited:

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
*Sees all the weapons getting increased damage from main power up*

Chip damage meta, is that you on the horizon?
And yet, it's still more interesting than the QRS meta that's been hanging around for the past year, hahaha.

Cephalobro

wait Marina is on team villains?! whoa what a plot twist! o.o
I figure it's a thing that's just for fun and not related to the Splatoon lore at all, much like the Cats vs Dogs Splatfest in Splatoon 1, despite the fact that dogs presumably went extinct in the Splatoon world.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I figure it's a thing that's just for fun and not related to the Splatoon lore at all, much like the Cats vs Dogs Splatfest in Splatoon 1, despite the fact that dogs presumably went extinct in the Splatoon world.
Also the same with the Pokemon Red vs Blue Splatfest.

the

Inkling Commander
Who wants to carry me with damage-up bamboozler while i spam inkstorms

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Ok first off team heroes all the way got to rep my fire emblem with smash character....(sorry gannon :()

wait Marina is on team villains?! whoa what a plot twist! o.o
Of course as a fellow octoling she likely feels the villian are just misunderstood, or maybe she's a gannon main

Also I wonder with this splatfest if it will now be cannon that all the S1 inklings (aside from agent 3) have gone over to smash ultimate

Lastly
NINTENDO I would reallly like some exclusive iconinc nintendo/ smash gear for this splatfest.....hellooooo?.......
Plz?

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Well, it’s not like there would be any audience crossover between fans of the fighting game Arms and fans of the fighting game Smash. So it’s pretty safe to have Splatfight or whatever it is Arms calls it.

Wait, I was being sarcastic above, but I just realized there really wouldn’t be crossover because nobody plays Arms.
UH-UH! Oh no you didn't! No you just did not!

Hold me back! Someone me back! Otherwise it's gonna be me and you, Spring Man only, double Toaster loadout, in the Sparring Ring! Let's GO!
tenor (2).gif

Who wants to carry me with damage-up bamboozler while i spam inkstorms
If I can get some headgear I like and chunks, sure. And it's been ages since I've used my Bamboozler Ninja Squid & Drop Roller/Stealth Jump loadout.

Surprise bamboozle lulz are good lulz!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom