• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
There were baby squids in Turf Wars... against x-ranked cephalopods. That matchmaking is carp. Though some of them are lucky to join x-ranked players. My luck still sucks (especially I'm trying to get my weapons to reach superfresh level).

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Haven’t had the chance to play any of the new squids in the annual noob harvest yet, lost my online a few days before Christmas. But I’m probably gonna go get a card soon, so I’ll join in on the fun before the year’s end.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Baby squids... What?

bogusflint

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3524-1992-7991
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the result of years of research, my tier list, my greatest creation, my magnum opus, if you will. I present to you, the best Splatoon Tier List ever created.

So yeah, I’m a Splatoon player. Along with that I know many things that most don’t know about these weapons. Squelcher isn’t part of any weapon class and I’m not saying that because I love them. I’m saying that based off of years of research.

more prof that the jet sqeulcher is OP. its even more OP now becuase of mian power up. now even more waepons can't even toich it. I cant beleive Nintendo wuold buff the jet sqeulcher even more. it was alraedy the best in the game, but now it has all the tols to domiate the competion. but i have to disagre the dualie sqeulchers are not naerly powerful enuogh to come close to the jet sqeulcher. the range is infierir, the kil time is slow, and it deosnt have toxic mist to slow poeple down to get easy kils. not to mentoin the OP stingrey wich can kil you from anywere on the map.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
No S+ tier sqiiffer, no S tier Foil flingza roller,
No God tier Vanilla UC brella
Well....I don't want to say this but

I doubt it

(not the jet squelcher tho.... all ink saver main jet is the stuff of nightmares)

Last edited:

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
more prof that the jet sqeulcher is OP. its even more OP now becuase of mian power up. now even more waepons can't even toich it. I cant beleive Nintendo wuold buff the jet sqeulcher even more. it was alraedy the best in the game, but now it has all the tols to domiate the competion. but i have to disagre the dualie sqeulchers are not naerly powerful enuogh to come close to the jet sqeulcher. the range is infierir, the kil time is slow, and it deosnt have toxic mist to slow poeple down to get easy kils. not to mentoin the OP stingrey wich can kil you from anywere on the map.
I agree entirely

Maave

Inkling Commander
Not sure what you guys are on about with the Jet Squelcher. Prior to this update they were plain outclassed by Dualie Squelchers. Dualies could simply roll through the toxic mist, and the Dualie Squelchers were so close to the Jet's range. Facing a Jet is just like any other long range weapon - flank, get close, and strafe. It's still mediocre at close range. If you try to fight them from a distance or in a narrow corridor you'll lose.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Not sure what you guys are on about with the Jet Squelcher. Prior to this update they were plain outclassed by Dualie Squelchers. Dualies could simply roll through the toxic mist, and the Dualie Squelchers were so close to the Jet's range. Facing a Jet is just like any other long range weapon - flank, get close, and strafe. It's still mediocre at close range. If you try to fight them from a distance or in a narrow corridor you'll lose.
thatsthejoke.jpg

Cephalobro

Didn't know there was going to be one, but now that I know, I want it!
It's in Japanese for the current moment, I really hope the translation for it is finished before Splatoon 3 is even revealed, especially now that a mini Artbook based on the Inkopolis magazine that you find in the train of the Deepsea Metro has been published a couple months ago.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I've been pointed to at least one person currently doing a rough image translation on the artbook on twitter:
Code:
https://twitter.com/rassicas/status/987236494644359168

Ugh, the wait for an official English translation hurts~!

Cephalobro

It hurts even more for the Octo Expansion Artbook, the fact that we have to get through the Splatoon 2 Artbook first makes the wait even more painful.

Cephalobro

Hopefully, the officially translated version of the Splatoon 2 Artbook comes out this year. I also hope the Octo Expansion Artbook comes out before Splatoon 3 comes out, which is very possible now that Nintendo will take a bit of a break from releasing Splatoon games now that the Switch is predicted to be around for 10 years, plenty of time for official translations to start and finish.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet

Thought I'd take a look at the current meta and this is what it (generally) looks like. I'm surprised about Custom Explosher but that's rlly it.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
The Kensa Brella isn't a joke right? I always knew it was decent but is it really meta?

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
It can spam armor like no other, and torpedo is surprisingly good with the main weapon itself because the opponent will have to deal with 2 things at once, which helps with the Undercover's papier maché canopy and ttk.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The meta has always been kind of a joke, since it's directed by goldfish. That list will change again the next time a Japanese team does something cool in a scrim or tourney, as usual. The game's in a good place in terms of weapon balance and most everything is viable, possibly outmatched but viable. Outside of high-level competitive play (an increasingly small fraction of the community) and perhaps quad league the meta doesn't mean much since you're still subject to the whims of the matchmaking. Eh! Just my two cents. Use what you like, folks.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
The One is very talented, but that list is super skewed towards:

1. Most popular weapons (which, sure... I suppose that's the textbook definition of meta).
2. Weapons The One himself plays.
3. Weapons The One's teams tend to play, which are what people would consider nontraditional comps.

That doesn't make the list bad or anything. The main thing is what Dess got at, which is that the game is extremely well balanced at the moment. It's interesting to think about the meta, but that's only to understand why certain weapons/comps are popular and to figure out ways to function best knowing what other teams are going to play.

It's also helpful to note that most of us aren't ever going to be good enough to be on a LUTI Division X team, so the utility of knowing what most Div X teams are playing will be more limited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom