• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lyna

Inkling
NNID
Lyna
Switch Friend Code
SW-2472-7570-9132
I have a question for the community. I would love to join a Splatoon team but I'm not sure how. If you know how to join a team or the qualifications for a team please let me know.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Like a competitive team, casual team, bit of both, something else?

Either way, there's the Squid Locator section and Groups area to cruise through. Also, on the Squidboards discord there's a team advertising channel.

As for qualifications, that depends on what that team wants.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Can't say I was expecting to see the old Sheldon's Picks come back.

Hope they do take the opportunity to flesh out the new subs and specials and get them on a more diverse span of weapons.

Curious what exactly is to come next, given they said there was more to come.

Cephalobro

I can see them bringing every gear and weapon from the first game back, except for the ones that are replaced, so unfortunately, I don't see the Dual Squelchers coming back.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
New patch notes coming up
https://pastebin.com/W2kxiMeF

Stamp buffs are mmmmmmmm
Tenta missiles got practically nothing {again lmao}
Ballpoint is getting it's little light up butt spanked hard by Ninty
Mpu now affects painting on liter and squiffy
It also affects ground accuracy for jet
There's also new stage layouts but I'm uninterested in that as is sooooo Y'all can just read the rest.

230p for Ball nouveau LMFAO

Cephalobro

Kelp Dome is going to receive renovations, I hope that means that getting to the enemy's spawn area will be harder to do so. I always hated that grated part where you can get right to the other team's area. It kind of devalues the concept of needing to come up with a sneaky way of getting in.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
According to Ninty's network status page, there's downtime on the 31st as well. No idea if that's when the new weapons drop or it's a Smash update. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But if they ruin the 20second Rainmaker Dash on Kelp Dome I'll riot! :mad:

Cephalobro

Since the lore adding stuff are now up to the artbooks of Splatoon 2, it will be a little disappointing if the game itself doesn't clarify a lot of the confusion of the lore that we have, like where do the Golden Eggs go? How did Inklings survive during the "Salmonid Apocalypse" when ink-using weapons didn't exist? And off course, what are the true relations between the Octarians and the Salmonids? Because I highly doubt they would be allies.

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
I doubt that Splatoon 2 will ever fully elaborate on Salmon lore, but they did put a surprising amount of it in the manuals so maybe Nogami & Crew will prove me wrong.
As far as Octarians and Salmonids go though, it seems that they're just business partners; the Salmonids give power eggs in exchange for Octarian tech (article: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201803/01152806.html | translation: https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/814uvf/).

Man I'm excited to play with the Soda Slosher again, I hope they let it keep its Splat Bombs...

Ansible

Community Ambassador
When i can stop laughing I almost feel sorry for those chargers. Especially the eliter who tried to help then decided to nope out!

Cyan

Inkling Commander
There's pretty much a dead cert Sheldon's Picks will be mentioned and teased, possibly unveiling some kits with a release date for next patch. I just wonder if we'll get the glorious Wasabi incident from Splatoon 1, where NA and JP showed the kit as Splat Bomb/Inkstrike whilst Nintendo of Europe decided to tell us the Wasabi Splattershot came with Splat Bomb/Inkzooka instead :P

Outside of that I'm not expecting much for Splatoon 2, since major content is all wrapped up now and we just have 5 months of Splatfests left (last one is going to be July, what with the 2 years of Splatfest promise). We'll probably see a few of the "unannounced and almost ready" titles pop up in this Direct tomorrow. Not sure what Fire Emblem: Three Houses (news to me this game even was announced or mentioned), but if that's getting a 10 min slot or whatever we probably will get a few announcements and nothing much else. Will still be nice to see 2019's release year get populated, because a lot of games just have a 2019 release (no longer including Metroid) with nothing more concrete in store.

As usual with Nintendo and announcements, try to keep your expectations in line, no point in overhyping unbelievable rumours only to be let down and call a decent direct bad because of it.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
As usual with Nintendo and announcements, try to keep your expectations in line, no point in overhyping unbelievable rumours only to be let down and call a decent direct bad because of it.
I don't know about yall... but I'm more looking forward to that usual overhyped expectations post-Direct fallout fest.
DetailedExemplaryKentrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom