• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
We know that the regular Aerospray is getting suction bombs with curling bomb rush, which sounds delightful.
Wait, what? Suction Bomb Sub Weapon with a CURLING BOMB Launcher? What is this blasphemy?!?!?! I demand to know what form of sorcery this is!!!

Coricus

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4794-7152-2904
They way Octarions are reproduced is weird...

Cutting a tentacle off a "host" ... gives me an Alien vibe.
I've heard it's inspired by something along the lines of this:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/severed-octopus-arms-have-a-mind-of-their-own-2403303/

I mean, it obviously works nowhere near to that extent nor can the tentacles grow on their own afterwards the way it works in Splatoon, but it seems close enough to the mark.

Octopi in our time are weird themselves.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
But yeah, bomb rushes will be a different bomb than your sub. Like how the E-Litre will have Ink Mines and Suction Bomb Launcher.
What ??? Is ?? This sorcery?

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/severed-octopus-arms-have-a-mind-of-their-own-2403303/

I mean, it obviously works nowhere near to that extent nor can the tentacles grow on their own afterwards the way it works in Splatoon, but it seems close enough to the mark.

I think I missed something

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly

Every time I read about octopi the more i'm fascinated. i actually just read a few days ago about each of their tentacles having their own brains. They are basically underwater aliens.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
The obvious that we already know about mostly...but...
"Special weapon "Bom pitcher". It's an ultra machine that throws bombs continuously. If you press the button briefly, you can fly far by pressing long. There are kinds such as splash bom pitcher, quick bom pitcher, curling bom pitcher, and you can throw a different bom than the sub included sub."

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Yep, different bombs for sub and Launcher confirmed.

Also, the new "press duration = distance" mechanic is going to be something cool. While you can't spam faraway bombs anymore, it's still a neat way to escape really close foes by mashing the button, especially with the Burst Launcher. What'll be most interesting, though, is how the Curling Launcher plays out; in this case, it'll be more like "press duration = 1/distance" and the new ultimate spam weapon.

Fluddinator

Pro Squid

"She is a sea lion "Miura".
It is a clerk of "Ebosi Ebosi" dealing with the gear of Atma.
I am always producing a mysterious atmosphere with a drunk tone.
It seems older than squids, it seems to be a hobby to tease young squids.
"Evi" of the other is a good shrimp who watches such Miura gently."

I wonder if she's really drunk or did the translator machine splatted up.

Those two characters seem to be the opposite from each other: the girl teases, while the Shrimp is shy/gentle.

What do you think of "Miura" and "Evi"?

Last edited:

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I am always producing a mysterious atmosphere with a drunk tone.
...Well thats a bit on point....

It seems older than squids, it seems to be a hobby to tease young squids.
*Squinty Inkling Face* You don't say, grandma.

Jokes aside, I actually like this shop keeper. She's a welcomed addition in my book.

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
Maybe she does taunt, because she's envious of Inklings being able to participate in Turf Wars and she can't...

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Flow and Evi (or whatever the Shrimp's name will be in English) are both welcome additions. Honestly my favorite of the new shopkeeps from the Direct. And I'm sure I'll be content with the others too, once we get more information and interact with them in game.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I get why people are always demanding for more Splatoon lore, the character designs continue to be fantastic. Has urban sea life ever been done like this before?

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
I get why people are always demanding for more Splatoon lore, the character designs continue to be fantastic. Has urban sea life ever been done like this before?
Little Mermaid had some excellent ideas but not Urban. I would love to know more about the Splatoon universe. Nintendo has some great talent and it shows in all their new IP like Splatoon and ARMS.
Even know I don't like ヒメ(Hime) Princess.... I mean pearl, after the reveil and memes I think she looks pretty good. Not as good as Marina 「イイダ」(IIDA).

The new shop owners are great, glad to see more sea life in interesting ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom