1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by SquidKid85, Jan 14, 2017.

?

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

Poll closed May 14, 2017.
  1. New Weapons

8 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. New Stages

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. New Specials

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. New Character Customization Options

16 vote(s)
    15.8%
  5. New Modes

9 vote(s)
    8.9%
  6. The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. EVERYTHING!!!

55 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. Magic8Ball

Magic8Ball Inkling Cadet
    Community Ambassador

NNID:
    M4g1c8Ball
    Oh thank the heavens! Seriously with all the input lag that I've been feeling on the Testfires and all the complaints there have been, it's good to hear a top level player come out and just put the demon at bay. Everyone has been up in arms about this, and we were really concerned for the future of the game if the inputs were that laggy.

Ansible likes this.
  2. Ansible

Ansible Squid Savior From the Future
    Community Ambassador

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8134-5728-9110
    But you don't understand--it is an issue!11! I hate motion controls--

<translated incoherent screeching>
    and Nintendo needs to stop making them a thing because motion controls suck and we need to stick with traditional stick controls because they're proven to be superior and no one has time to learn a different control scheme that sucks because motion control on the Wii sucked therfore motion controls on the Switch sucks therefore Nintendo needs to knock it the eff off with motion controls because motion controls suck--
    </translated incoherent screeching>

*incoherent screeching continues for next hour*

(Haven't had my morning tea yet! ^^; )

ThatBerkawitzSquid and Dessgeega like this.
  3. Magic8Ball

Magic8Ball Inkling Cadet
    Community Ambassador

NNID:
    M4g1c8Ball
    Motion controls have been proven to be better thoooooooo. I used sticks for the entirety of Splatoon 1 (until my Wii U sunk /cri), and I still firmly believe that motion is superior. I can't tell you how many times I could have gotten a kill but held the stick down for literally 1 frame too many, which resulted in me missing a slosh. I hate having that margin of error, and motion controls are so much more suited for hitting those slight adjustments.
    Anyways, I don't want this to become a full-fledged debate, but thanks for sharing the tweet lol.

Leronne, jookie and Ansible like this.
  4. Dessgeega

Dessgeega Squid Savior From the Future

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3756-0533-5215
    I really never thought it was an issue. I never heard of this beyond a few random grumblings on here and in servers, and let's face it... if there was any sort of delay or issue with the controls even after patches, the playing field would be even. We're all on the same hardware, everyone would have the same issue, everyone would adapt and move on.

Magic8Ball and Ansible like this.
  5. Ansible

Community Ambassador

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8134-5728-9110
    No debate necessary, I was just being facetious. Besides at least 90~95% of my Splatoon play is at max sensitivity. Even with aiming weapons.

6. suavevillain

suavevillain Inkling Cadet

i've have been on squidboards in a min. I'm hyped for S2. I'm really hoping for a new ranked mode in the future tho.

7. Torloth

Torloth Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Torloth
    That is way too high for me. But that is why there is a slider.
    I'm not even 100% sold on the motion now. But it is nice to see this addressed.
    After trying to play Splatoon with Motion controls recently, I found that the pro controller (in my opinion) has way nicer Gyros that the WiiU tablet.
    I will get back to you after I get good.

Ansible, Saber and Magic8Ball like this.
  8. Ansible

Community Ambassador

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8134-5728-9110
    If you think that's wild, then consider that (to me) +5 in Splatoon 1 feels like 0 in Splatoon 2. But that could be due to having separate motion control and sensitivity options. Either way I plan to perform like I first did in Splatoon 1: set sensitivity & motion controls at max and use chargers in rank!

Max settings in handheld mode however is feeling trickier at the moment. Holding the Switch directly in front of me at normal eye level causes my inkling to look up. =/

G1ng3rGar1 likes this.
  9. Torloth

Torloth Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Torloth
    I want to be better with Chargers. I find my own reaction time lacking most of the time. This is just a case of me needing to git gud.
    I Ted to prefer Automatic weapons because ease of uses. The less I have to remember to do in the heat of the moment the better. But I'm not satisfied with that. Sure I'll still uses the N Zapper and wasabi Splattershot. But I feel I kinda wrote off chargers and splatining (gun) too early. That new splat brella looks prefect for me.
    But I'm committing to get better with the Charger.
    After I get used to 'B' being jump...

10. Saber

Saber Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Saber
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0369-4203-0233
    I feel a lot of my initial splat will be because I am opening map instead of pressing b, honestly though if you want to get better with chargers try either seeing who is the best with chargers now, or if you need help I could give you a few tips when splatoon 2 comes out (offically), dependant on what charger you want to use.

11. Dessgeega

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3756-0533-5215
    https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/162913758054/at-the-end-of-each-splatfest-participants-will
    US Tumblr update. Mostly unexceptional, except for one line:
    "If you give snails to Murch in Inkopolis Square, he can add additional slots to your gear, or scrub your gear to remove its secondary abilities."

So that's confirmed now. This is kinda huge! With gear customizing no longer being random chance, super sea snails are infinitely more valuable! If prizes are the same as the first game, that's TWENTY-FOUR gear scrubbings for a splatfest victor and the acquisition of up to 72 ability fragments!

SPLATFESTS 2.0: SPLAT HARDER! The stakes just ramped WAY up, get ready to fight like spartans for your prize!

#1211 Dessgeega, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  12. Dynamind

Dynamind Inkling

Quick question about the upcoming splatfest: Apparently it's going to be possible to play with friends in a 4-player lobby, which is very nice. What about (analogous to "league battles") a 2-player team teaming up with other 2-player teams..? :D

13. Kabel

Kabel Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    Kabelly
    I am in loveeeeeeeee with the new colours they're using for the ink. I can't wait to actually see it but all the neon in the plaza is making for some serious eye candy. I hope they just keep adding colours.

14. Lonely_Dolphin

Lonely_Dolphin Lord of the Squids

NNID:
    Einsam_Delphin
    Kind of a shame then that this first splatfest will yeild no rewards, but not a big deal.

suavevillain and G1ng3rGar1 like this.
  15. Torloth

Torloth Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Torloth
    I feel this big push everywhere for Splatoon2 is good for the community and the chances for it to be a bigger eSport.

It definitely sucks that there is a flash storage shortage. (This is the reason it's so hard to manufacture more Switches). We can hope this problem will be corrected quickly.

Lonely_Dolphin likes this.
  16. Dessgeega

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3756-0533-5215
    It's confirmed in the same post that caused my excited rambling, yeah. Relish in the one and only no-stakes splatfest, because they are going to be full of tryhards from here on out :p

17. Torloth

Torloth Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Torloth
    Apparently my phone hates Tumblr...
    Also has been really bad at notification for this thread... But I understand... Hype levels are insane.

G1ng3rGar1 and Dessgeega like this.
  18. Lonely_Dolphin

Lonely_Dolphin Lord of the Squids

NNID:
    Einsam_Delphin
    Yeah Splatoon 2 preorders in Japan are over 800k but there's only just over 1m Switches, thus Splatoon 2 has already sold almost as much as physically possible weeks before the game even releases! R.I.P. Japan lel.

19. Ansible

Community Ambassador

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8134-5728-9110
    Wow! Wonder if it'll have BotW's ridiculous 99.999^999.9% attachment rate. *is still a hipster holdout on that one =p*

20. Ansible

Community Ambassador

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8134-5728-9110
    Thus far the direct only showed solo and team battle (but didn't fully state if twins could be done or not). And from the looks of it, the maps will be Starfish Mainstage and Inkblot Art Academy.

Dynamind and G1ng3rGar1 like this.