• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
Just now saw this:

If there's an update to the demo it may be worth checking over your controls once more.
Oh thank the heavens! Seriously with all the input lag that I've been feeling on the Testfires and all the complaints there have been, it's good to hear a top level player come out and just put the demon at bay. Everyone has been up in arms about this, and we were really concerned for the future of the game if the inputs were that laggy.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
But you don't understand--it is an issue!11! I hate motion controls--

<translated incoherent screeching>
and Nintendo needs to stop making them a thing because motion controls suck and we need to stick with traditional stick controls because they're proven to be superior and no one has time to learn a different control scheme that sucks because motion control on the Wii sucked therfore motion controls on the Switch sucks therefore Nintendo needs to knock it the eff off with motion controls because motion controls suck--
</translated incoherent screeching>

*incoherent screeching continues for next hour*

(Haven't had my morning tea yet! ^^; )

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
But you don't understand--it is an issue!11! I hate motion controls--

<translated incoherent screeching>
and Nintendo needs to stop making them a thing because motion controls suck and we need to stick with traditional stick controls because they're proven to be superior and no one has time to learn a different control scheme that sucks because motion control on the Wii sucked therfore motion controls on the Switch sucks therefore Nintendo needs to knock it the eff off with motion controls because motion controls suck--
</translated incoherent screeching>

*incoherent screeching continues for next hour*

(Haven't had my morning tea yet! ^^; )
Motion controls have been proven to be better thoooooooo. I used sticks for the entirety of Splatoon 1 (until my Wii U sunk /cri), and I still firmly believe that motion is superior. I can't tell you how many times I could have gotten a kill but held the stick down for literally 1 frame too many, which resulted in me missing a slosh. I hate having that margin of error, and motion controls are so much more suited for hitting those slight adjustments.
Anyways, I don't want this to become a full-fledged debate, but thanks for sharing the tweet lol.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I really never thought it was an issue. I never heard of this beyond a few random grumblings on here and in servers, and let's face it... if there was any sort of delay or issue with the controls even after patches, the playing field would be even. We're all on the same hardware, everyone would have the same issue, everyone would adapt and move on.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
No debate necessary, I was just being facetious. Besides at least 90~95% of my Splatoon play is at max sensitivity. Even with aiming weapons.
That is way too high for me. But that is why there is a slider.
I'm not even 100% sold on the motion now. But it is nice to see this addressed.
After trying to play Splatoon with Motion controls recently, I found that the pro controller (in my opinion) has way nicer Gyros that the WiiU tablet.
I will get back to you after I get good.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
If you think that's wild, then consider that (to me) +5 in Splatoon 1 feels like 0 in Splatoon 2. But that could be due to having separate motion control and sensitivity options. Either way I plan to perform like I first did in Splatoon 1: set sensitivity & motion controls at max and use chargers in rank!

Max settings in handheld mode however is feeling trickier at the moment. Holding the Switch directly in front of me at normal eye level causes my inkling to look up. =/

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
If you think that's wild, then consider that (to me) +5 in Splatoon 1 feels like 0 in Splatoon 2. But that could be due to having separate motion control and sensitivity options. Either way I plan to perform like I first did in Splatoon 1: set sensitivity & motion controls at max and use chargers in rank!
I want to be better with Chargers. I find my own reaction time lacking most of the time. This is just a case of me needing to git gud.
I Ted to prefer Automatic weapons because ease of uses. The less I have to remember to do in the heat of the moment the better. But I'm not satisfied with that. Sure I'll still uses the N Zapper and wasabi Splattershot. But I feel I kinda wrote off chargers and splatining (gun) too early. That new splat brella looks prefect for me.
But I'm committing to get better with the Charger.
After I get used to 'B' being jump...

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I want to be better with Chargers. I find my own reaction time lacking most of the time. This is just a case of me needing to git gud.
I Ted to prefer Automatic weapons because ease of uses. The less I have to remember to do in the heat of the moment the better. But I'm not satisfied with that. Sure I'll still uses the N Zapper and wasabi Splattershot. But I feel I kinda wrote off chargers and splatining (gun) too early. That new splat brella looks prefect for me.
But I'm committing to get better with the Charger.
After I get used to 'B' being jump...
I feel a lot of my initial splat will be because I am opening map instead of pressing b, honestly though if you want to get better with chargers try either seeing who is the best with chargers now, or if you need help I could give you a few tips when splatoon 2 comes out (offically), dependant on what charger you want to use.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/162913758054/at-the-end-of-each-splatfest-participants-will
US Tumblr update. Mostly unexceptional, except for one line:
"If you give snails to Murch in Inkopolis Square, he can add additional slots to your gear, or scrub your gear to remove its secondary abilities."

So that's confirmed now. This is kinda huge! With gear customizing no longer being random chance, super sea snails are infinitely more valuable! If prizes are the same as the first game, that's TWENTY-FOUR gear scrubbings for a splatfest victor and the acquisition of up to 72 ability fragments!

SPLATFESTS 2.0: SPLAT HARDER! The stakes just ramped WAY up, get ready to fight like spartans for your prize!

Last edited:

Dynamind

Inkling
Quick question about the upcoming splatfest: Apparently it's going to be possible to play with friends in a 4-player lobby, which is very nice. What about (analogous to "league battles") a 2-player team teaming up with other 2-player teams..? :D

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
I am in loveeeeeeeee with the new colours they're using for the ink. I can't wait to actually see it but all the neon in the plaza is making for some serious eye candy. I hope they just keep adding colours.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
I feel this big push everywhere for Splatoon2 is good for the community and the chances for it to be a bigger eSport.

It definitely sucks that there is a flash storage shortage. (This is the reason it's so hard to manufacture more Switches). We can hope this problem will be corrected quickly.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Is that confirmed?
There is no reason they couldn't give you something for competing. Since we all have accounts and at some levels your stats are going to be on a server.
But I feel this big push everywhere for Splatoon2 is good for the community and the chances for it to be a bigger eSport.

It definitely sucks that there is a flash storage shortage. (This is the reason it's so hard to manufacture more Switches). We can hope this problem will be corrected quickly.
It's confirmed in the same post that caused my excited rambling, yeah. Relish in the one and only no-stakes splatfest, because they are going to be full of tryhards from here on out :P

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
It's confirmed in the same post that caused my excited rambling, yeah. Relish in the one and only no-stakes splatfest, because they are going to be full of tryhards from here on out :p
Apparently my phone hates Tumblr...
Also has been really bad at notification for this thread... But I understand... Hype levels are insane.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I feel this big push everywhere for Splatoon2 is good for the community and the chances for it to be a bigger eSport.

Yeah Splatoon 2 preorders in Japan are over 800k but there's only just over 1m Switches, thus Splatoon 2 has already sold almost as much as physically possible weeks before the game even releases! R.I.P. Japan lel.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Quick question about the upcoming splatfest: Apparently it's going to be possible to play with friends in a 4-player lobby, which is very nice. What about (analogous to "league battles") a 2-player team teaming up with other 2-player teams..? :D
Thus far the direct only showed solo and team battle (but didn't fully state if twins could be done or not). And from the looks of it, the maps will be Starfish Mainstage and Inkblot Art Academy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom