• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
We've got a whole bunch of tweets here, I'll post them all together:
"He is a jellyfish "bizen."
It is the shopkeeper of Fukuya "Fuel Bonkley".
It is almost exactly like a rumor that it occurred after splitting from Ethisen who was in Hikara City.
Because I learned the words of squid with old books for some reason, how to talk is very old-fashioned.
However, fashion always pursues the latest trend."
"There seems to be a new model also in Buki of the type confirmed so far. This is "Soi Tuba".
It is a very long charger with a charge keep time that can maintain a full charge state.
Let's charge a charge away, pull out a new warfare of the charger which approaches all at once in a charge keep and defeats the opponent."
"It was confirmed that various types of models also existed in the new type of buki and maneuver.
This is "sputtering".
It is characterized by being able to perform quick slide by weight saving.
The range is a little short, but slide into the other 's pocket with a sharp slide, and let' s stuff at a stroke quickly with rapid highlighting."
"Special Weapon "Bubble Launcher".
Create up to three huge soap bubbles.
Soap bubbles grow larger as you hit friendly inks, and in the end they cause a big explosion.
On the contrary, it becomes smaller when the opponent's ink hit.
Buki with bubble launcher will be added in the update after release."

Meanwhile Splatoon US has caught up on localizing some of the Splatoon JP posts, so check them out here.

Dog King

Full Squid
We've got a whole bunch of tweets here, I'll post them all together:
"He is a jellyfish "bizen."
It is the shopkeeper of Fukuya "Fuel Bonkley".
It is almost exactly like a rumor that it occurred after splitting from Ethisen who was in Hikara City.
Because I learned the words of squid with old books for some reason, how to talk is very old-fashioned.
However, fashion always pursues the latest trend."
"There seems to be a new model also in Buki of the type confirmed so far. This is "Soi Tuba".
It is a very long charger with a charge keep time that can maintain a full charge state.
Let's charge a charge away, pull out a new warfare of the charger which approaches all at once in a charge keep and defeats the opponent."
"It was confirmed that various types of models also existed in the new type of buki and maneuver.
This is "sputtering".
It is characterized by being able to perform quick slide by weight saving.
The range is a little short, but slide into the other 's pocket with a sharp slide, and let' s stuff at a stroke quickly with rapid highlighting."
"Special Weapon "Bubble Launcher".
Create up to three huge soap bubbles.
Soap bubbles grow larger as you hit friendly inks, and in the end they cause a big explosion.
On the contrary, it becomes smaller when the opponent's ink hit.
Buki with bubble launcher will be added in the update after release."

Meanwhile Splatoon US has caught up on localizing some of the Splatoon JP posts, so check them out here.
Man the bubble blower is such a perfect special! On one hand, it's made for teamwork due to it's set up nature. You make the bubble, your team pops them and your enemies crumble. In the other hand, they are also the perfect distraction. The enemy can't afford to ignore these giant bubbles, because if they do, they are probably gonna get splatted! I can't wait to see how people utilize this special!

Last edited:

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Manx the bubble blower is such a perfect special! On one hand, it's made for teamwork due to it's set up nature. You make the bubble, your team pops them and your enemies crumble. In the other hand, they are also the perfect distraction. The enemy can't afford to ignore these giant bubbles, because if they do, they are probably gonna get splatted! I can't wait to see how people utilize this special!
Thats why i'm so interested in this. It leaves for good team reliance if you plan to use it accordingly.

I wonder what weapons will carry the special? I don't know why but I want to see this on a brush weapon...as horrid as an idea as that may or may not be. Brushes are just strategic and careful planing weapons for me, and this special makes me think of them slightly.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Thats why i'm so interested in this. It leaves for good team reliance if you plan to use it accordingly.

I wonder what weapons will carry the special? I don't know why but I want to see this on a brush weapon...as horrid as an idea as that may or may not be. Brushes are just strategic and careful planing weapons for me, and this special makes me think of them slightly.
That's not a horrible idea, but it'd more be ideal for ranged weapons that can more easily ink the bubbles. In the direct footage it was the Forge Splattershot Pro using it, but that may or may not be final. I'm hoping a Splatling n Dual Squelcher gets it.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
I think they showed the Bubble special with a charger. Unless I'm completely confused about what they showed (on the direct)
I have to agree I think the Bubble blower would work best with long range main weapons. I wonder how it will stack with the inkstorm (the rain style one).
That sounds pretty devistating to me.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I think they showed the Bubble special with a charger. Unless I'm completely confused about what they showed (on the direct)
I have to agree I think the Bubble blower would work best with long range main weapons. I wonder how it will stack with the inkstorm (the rain style one).
That sounds pretty devistating to me.
The charger popped the bubbles but it's not clear if the charger sent them out

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
From what the tweet says, it sounds like bubble blower sends out 1-way rainmaker shields.
Meaning, your team has to pop them, otherwise the opponents can make them disappear.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Can't tell the main weapon from the tweet. In the direct it felt implied that the Bubble Blower would be a Splat Brella special because they had the same inkling girl demonstrating both.

I think that inkling is in everyone's NPC lobby too. With the most recent demo update they've added splatfest construction work and some hideously tight (laggy?) controls. I've walked around checking out each inkling's name and gear last night. So much shopping to do...

NNID
benimarucollider
Y'know, I've been thinking about something for the last couple of days.

So I see all these pics of some hacker that's been calling itself Agent 4.

Then next thing I see couple of months later is Off the Hook folks.

Then I see Pearl.

And Im thinking...

If this is a very well hidden spoiler.

Pic in question is another user who is connected to the user agent 4, usually mimicking agent 4's activity. Along with a shot of Pearl.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Y'know, I've been thinking about something for the last couple of days.

So I see all these pics of some hacker that's been calling itself Agent 4.

Then next thing I see couple of months later is Off the Hook folks.

Then I see Pearl.

And Im thinking...

If this is a very well hidden spoiler.

Pic in question is another user who is connected to the user agent 4, usually mimicking agent 4's activity. Along with a shot of Pearl.

Hate to be blunt, but its completely unrelated. The Agent 4 hacker thing was just a way of showing off some neat tricks in hacking. I've seen Agent 4 and others in other unusable colors such as black, red, and even glowing colors.

Again, completely unaffiliated with Nintendo and its ideas/concept for Splatoon 2.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Torloth
If I had to guess I believe it wasn't set out by the charger but likely the splatbrella or another weapon.
Most likely, because of how dangerous this can be, the bubbles will have a limited lifespan (or merged so that it is so), and the bubble wand will remain. Until it has run it's course that is

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
Has anyone else tried coloring posts they've made on Splatoon 2/Switch? If you have, has anyone noticed like me that we now don't have single pixels when you download/upload from the Switch to say MS Paint? There's now a big blurry mess and several pixels? What should be one pixel wide is now 4 or 5 blurry pixels. :( I was hoping to help my brother color his drawings again, but they're so messed up now. Thoughts? (Admins if this needs to be a separate topic or posted elsewhere feel free to move it.) Thanks!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Has anyone else tried coloring posts they've made on Splatoon 2/Switch? If you have, has anyone noticed like me that we now don't have single pixels when you download/upload from the Switch to say MS Paint? There's now a big blurry mess and several pixels? What should be one pixel wide is now 4 or 5 blurry pixels. :( I was hoping to help my brother color his drawings again, but they're so messed up now. Thoughts? (Admins if this needs to be a separate topic or posted elsewhere feel free to move it.) Thanks!
Eh! This is as good a place as any. That happens because the game outputs our creations as oversized .jpg files, sadly.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
That's sad! :'( I guess I'll have to inform him that he can't color his drawings any more. Bummer!
If you really want to do that, there's way to re-size pictures without distorting the proportions. Up to you!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
It's undoubtedly the Forge Pro using the Bubble Blower, as that's the weapon pulled out after the special ends in the direct. It's only visible for a split second so you might want to pause spam to see it.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
You can use < and > in desktop browsers to advance frame by frame through videos, just saying. I did that, and yeah, looks like the Forge Pro to me too.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Ah, that new roller!
"This is "Variable roller". It is a new roller with deformation mechanism. Vertical swing is slow and damage is small, but it can paint a wide range. Horizontal swing has short range, but damage is considerably quicker. Let's take advantage of the two forms and quickly detach the opponent who swayed with a vertical swing."

Hmmm....as a Roller user myself, I'll definitely check this one out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom