• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MiceChaff

Inkling
Ah, that new roller!
"This is "Variable roller". It is a new roller with deformation mechanism. Vertical swing is slow and damage is small, but it can paint a wide range. Horizontal swing has short range, but damage is considerably quicker. Let's take advantage of the two forms and quickly detach the opponent who swayed with a vertical swing."

Hmmm....as a Roller user myself, I'll definitely check this one out!
It's dope that all the new weapons we've seen seem to play with the secondary abilities given to them! Like, the extended charge, bonus fling, and speed dodge rolls. It's significantly more creative than a "heavy" and a "fast" version of weapon types, like we saw in the first game.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Color me surprised- another tweet.
"This is a "crash blaster". It is a new blaster that combines rapid flashing and explosion by mixing with the ink while cutting the newly developed crayon type solid catalyst and injecting it. The range is relatively short, and one damage is small, but let's overwhelm your opponent with a light stimulus power."

Oh boy...

MiceChaff

Inkling
Color me surprised- another tweet.
"This is a "crash blaster". It is a new blaster that combines rapid flashing and explosion by mixing with the ink while cutting the newly developed crayon type solid catalyst and injecting it. The range is relatively short, and one damage is small, but let's overwhelm your opponent with a light stimulus power."

Oh boy...
Ooooooor rather than playing with new elements it can just be like aaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAA

smh

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
New tumblr post! That's important enough that I'm just dumping the whole thing here!

"Is that…Annie? It seems like she’s taken up a new digital storefront. You can order gear here, and then visit Murch to pick it up. He accepts cash on delivery! It looks like the gear available in the SplatNet Gear Shop can have a different main ability attached than those purchased at the Galleria in Inkopolis."

Neaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
@pundrang, You may want to check up on a recent controversy(?) SFan is finding themselves in.

New tumblr post! That's important enough that I'm just dumping the whole thing here!

"Is that…Annie? It seems like she’s taken up a new digital storefront. You can order gear here, and then visit Murch to pick it up. He accepts cash on delivery! It looks like the gear available in the SplatNet Gear Shop can have a different main ability attached than those purchased at the Galleria in Inkopolis."

Neaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

Yep. That's gonna be me during my break periods.

"So what are you reading today, Ansible?"

*responds in Inklish*

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Found it! Sure others have mentioned it, but I wanted to locate Inkopolis Tower on my own last night.

And now there's quick a video by Snorth93 showing where both locations are in relation to one another (spoiler if you want to figure out on your):

Now it's just a matter of figuring out where the new tutorial area is located.
*MAP FINDING INTENSIFIES*
https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/162913758054/at-the-end-of-each-splatfest-participants-will
US Tumblr update. Mostly unexceptional, except for one line:
"If you give snails to Murch in Inkopolis Square, he can add additional slots to your gear, or scrub your gear to remove its secondary abilities."

So that's confirmed now. This is kinda huge! With gear customizing no longer being random chance, super sea snails are infinitely more valuable! If prizes are the same as the first game, that's TWENTY-FOUR gear scrubbings for a splatfest victor and the acquisition of up to 72 ability fragments!

SPLATFESTS 2.0: SPLAT HARDER! The stakes just ramped WAY up, get ready to fight like spartans for your prize!
70 chunks pretty much lets you fully customize 2 pieces of gear since each sub costs 10 chunks. eh. beats the shell out of spike. just look at him. sitting in that cafe basking in all the money he got scamming squidkids. I'll get you someday you good looking urchin you (seriously the characters in these games are so well designed).
Ah, that new roller!
"This is "Variable roller". It is a new roller with deformation mechanism. Vertical swing is slow and damage is small, but it can paint a wide range. Horizontal swing has short range, but damage is considerably quicker. Let's take advantage of the two forms and quickly detach the opponent who swayed with a vertical swing."

Hmmm....as a Roller user myself, I'll definitely check this one out!
A weapons that's both a carbon and a dynamo is something that'll haunt me when i finally get the game. they're seriously my least favorite weapon to go up against when i play the splash-o-matic. It's a good thing the Jet got toxic mist and tenta missiles *grins evilly*

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Leronne no worries the flingza roller vertical flick is weak and more suited for turning than attack it will just allow the roller more mobility to get close and splat you with a vertical flick.
It will likely require quite some practice to get really good with this, now that you have to time your jumps with the flick, so you splasho'matic should still be a viable weapon against this

But the CRAYOLA DESTROYER ...woomy help us all in Tower Control

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
But the CRAYOLA DESTROYER ...woomy help us all in Tower Control
I've grown very fond of the rapid blaster so the crayola destroyer (nice name btw) is definitely gonna be one of my mains. I feel like it will require a bit of skill to properly use since indirects seem like they're 3-4 shot kill which isn't too fast considering the likes of splattershots, .52 gals and luna's exist.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
A weapons that's both a carbon and a dynamo is something that'll haunt me when i finally get the game. they're seriously my least favorite weapon to go up against when i play the splash-o-matic.
Oh, hello you. Carbon is my main and Gold Dynamo is my Sub Main. I think you can see why I'm so interested...hahah.

But as @Saber stated it looks like one flick is more suited for mobility while the other is for attack- Which I absolutely dont mind since I love being very mobile (hence why I main the Carbon).

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Hmm, theres a bunch of new posts from Splatoon US again that attempts to catch up a bit with Splatoon JP. I suggest people check them out as some of them give a bit clearer and extra info that the tweets lacked.

Meanwhile there are more tweets.
"For the stage that you can play at the eve of the evening, one of the two hours in the first half is "Gangaze Outdoor Music Hall" and "Seiju Art College", the second two hours "Combruk" and "Tachiow parking" are randomly chosen.
Of course the stage is a fes limited night specification!
# Evening Festival"
"This is "Splash Shooter Collaboration".
"Splash shooter" is a buki that became a collaboration design with the gear of the gear brand.
The main performance is the same as the original buki, but the combination of sub and special has changed to "Splash Bomb" and "Jet Pack", you can flexibly deal with various situations."
"He is "Sigany" of Taka crab.
I am a shop owner of "Doo Luck" at Kusuya.
Each of the embracing power that hugs everything with its long limbs, the relaxing thing as if it is in a deep sea, and each word that emanates gently wraps people like a bubble.
It is a cool guy who makes adults feel comfortable."
Not bothering to translate this one, just states that you can try these 4 weapons durring the Splatfest.

Also, did you know that theyre doing a colab with a Aquarium in Japan?
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/885802997279629312

If I were a kid and lived in Japan...this would have spoiled me.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Meanwhile there are more tweets.
"For the stage that you can play at the eve of the evening, one of the two hours in the first half is "Gangaze Outdoor Music Hall" and "Seiju Art College", the second two hours "Combruk" and "Tachiow parking" are randomly chosen.
Of course the stage is a fes limited night specification!
# Evening Festival"
I hope this means that we'll get actual map rotations during splatfest this time around. playing the same maps for 24+ hours was horrible.

Last edited:

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
Ok I'm disappointed we're stuck with the same 4 weapons as the first demo, but not exactly surprised. I had hoped we could try some actual new weapons out.

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I hope this means that we'll get actual map rotations during splatfest this time around. playing the same map for 24+ hours was horrible.
That sounds like what's happening yeah.

The Japanese twitter posted a slow rotation video of the gear available at 7-11 now. Apparently the shirts have Bomb Defense, Cold-Blooded, Quick Respawn, and and Quick Super Jump. No indication yet as to how the rest of us will get these.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Dessgeega it was already confirmed these shirts will also be on the nintendo rewards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom