• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
I tried a little of everything yesterday as I have to work early today.
My friend wanted me to join him in some Turfwar... Easy enough you click and join... But 7/10 games I was playing against him.
He didn't want to try the app way.
I would like to see a better play with Friends experience . Have some sort of lobby/party system. I never really had anyone to play with before. So not sure if this is just a returning.... Issue.

Salmon Run fun but getting Random weapons between rounds was odd. But it's a fun mode.

Hero mode played two levels found the scrolls and the
"Metal fish things"
.... In each. The new hero shot feels very slow... But I did start in Turfwar, with that solid Splattershot Jr.

I really like Ink armor that is a great Special.
I'm looking forward to more weapons to choose from.
Was trying my hand at chargers better than before but still, not that confident.

Anyone else notice that the Amiibo says it could change gear in the lobby?
I was have troubles with my old Amiibo.

Last edited:

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
A new weapon "Pablo" will be added at 11 am on July 23rd tomorrow. It is like a brush in the shape of a brush, the power is weak, but the speed of painting progress is fast. Go around to the blind spot of your opponent and let the ink hit in repeated hits. ...... I feel like I said it two years ago. Sub is "splash bomb", special is "super chakchi".

The inkbrush will be released tommorow and has Splat Bomb and Splash Down.
Fun fact: The name in Japanese, Pablo, is named after the famous painter Pablo Picasso.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Ice Cream (!!!!!)
Rock in Japan
That's what I thought. I'm actually tempted to include the winners of each Splatfest in the OP, but that thing is pretty long as it is, excluding the small bits of content we didn't get from the various Directs and whatever I'll need to add due to updates. I guess I can put them in as a "Spoiler" if you guys really want it though, just to keep track.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
I am glad the inkbrush is coming out tomorrow...(I need it...)

(Edit: I also look at reviews. I do not take them seriously, I just see how stupidly they rank them from the first game. Apparently all of them ranked the first game super high, but this one as the latest has a much lower score from the same people. BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HAVE VOICE NETWORKS, OH...?)

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
(Edit: I also look at reviews. I do not take them seriously, I just see how stupidly they rank them from the first game. Apparently all of them ranked the first game super high, but this one as the latest has a much lower score from the same people. BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HAVE VOICE NETWORKS, OH...?)
Nintendo has a hard thing to balance with Voice chat. Friends only is probably all you would get at all. And yes the app is mediocre at the moment for voice chat. And the game is using voice chat in general is not the best but, really unless I'm playing Ranked or league battles I don't need it. I would like to just squad up and go play against other people.

Could Nintendo learn from a game like Overwatch? Totally and I hope they do.
But I don't want Random match Voice chat...

Sure Splatoon2 isn't perfect but it's exactly what I expected.

the

Inkling Commander
I want that weapon to be good as it was in Splat 1. So this is promising news....
From what I've played with the carbon roller, it seems v different from splatoon 1. I don't think it's bad, but "more balanced" I guess. The loadout doesn't do any favors with rushing ppl like the burst bombs and inkzooka did, so it seems like carbon veterans will probably have to be more careful about getting in over their heads.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm okay with a weapon as definitively melee as the Carbon having pressuring and area control tools.

Reactions: the

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
From what I've played with the carbon roller, it seems v different from splatoon 1. I don't think it's bad, but "more balanced" I guess. The loadout doesn't do any favors with rushing ppl like the burst bombs and inkzooka did, so it seems like carbon veterans will probably have to be more careful about getting in over their heads.
I just unlocked it and did a few rounds. Your absolutely right- while the playstyle of the carbon retained its frantic speed, but lost some things in hand. Theres a bit more risk play involved now, IMO.

Im getting the hang of it, but its going to take some adjusting. I'm hoping the alt version of the carbon will offer something interesting.

Reactions: the

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Already finished a rough draft of the new avatar, have to admit making a crossbow for an inkling is difficult

Again I am hoping for a crossbow weapon for Splatoon 2 (if you shoot enough times one of these is bound to hit the target)

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Again I am hoping for a crossbow weapon for Splatoon 2 (if you shoot enough times one of these is bound to hit the target)
Something something Hanzo memes.

(I don't even play Overwatch and somehow I understand! xD)

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
If my theory that Callie married DJ Octavio and got busy, I am eating my non-existence hat for sure. Also, took me a while to notice that Marina has a belly button piercing.

the

Inkling Commander
I dunno if this is a good place to ask this, or if I should make a separate thread, but has anybody noticed yet how the special power-up ability affects the stingray?? I can't tell if it makes it stronger, or easier to aim, or something else entirely. Maybe extends the duration?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom