• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
@Torloth
Yeah it onlydeals 35 damage, less than a rapid indirect at the center, thermal ink does help it but the fact that every other explosive in the game does 50+ damage or splat the player.

I guess this was their attempt to balance the two mines, but honestly they should have given it a sweet spot in the center that can deal more damage, that would have at least made more sense.
Again though I expecting a buff as it fall out of popularity...

Sees eliter 4k
(Nervous sweating)

EDIT: I am also curious to see how long before they try to make a charger duelies :wst_charge_light00::wst_charge_light00:
Yeah that might a scary combo still a long time off for me I think.
Dual Bambozlers, Ha what about Splatining Dualies :P

Funny as a concept maybe both are less than Practical.

Side note anyone else unimpressed with the first two charger kits. I like the stingray as much as the next Squid. I kinda want Ink storm or anything else.
But I just need to play more and unlock them. I know how good Point sensor and Squid bekons are but I like to throw bombs and Cause general havok...

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I need to test to confirm, but I hear that Thermal Ink does not activate from subs/specials
only main weapon damage. And it has a minimum range for where it works, aka: you can only see them behind walls if they are far enough away from you, too close and the wall hax don't work.

PS: tumblr post confirming we get the dual squelchers tonight at 7pm, PT.
https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/163530135979/say-hello-to-the-dualie-squelchers-tonight-at-7
I didn't think to test sub/specials, thanks for the tip! I just went on the firing range to confirm, and yes, everything you said is correct.

OctoBlooper27

Inkster Jr.
NNID
itsmemil
How does everyone feel about the goo tuber it has way less range but probably more offensive and defend itself better.

Dog King

Full Squid
The New Dual Squelcher!

It's going to be released on July 29th (tomorrow).
This is the new version of the old weapon with the same name. In this game, it is a long-range Dualie variant. After sliding, your Inkling puts the two weapons together.
Sub: Point Sensor
Special: Tenta Missiles

Pretty cool idea to convert the "Dual Squelcher" into "Dualies" altogether. I wonder if putting the weapons together after sliding does anything, maybe you get steadier aim that way?
I'm in love! I think I've found my new main weapon. I've been mostly using the Enperry Dualies, Jet Squelcher, and Splattershot Pro, so this be weapon literally combines everything I love into one beautiful kit! Can't wait till they release to cause some long ranged havoc!

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
How does everyone feel about the goo tuber it has way less range but probably more offensive and defend itself better.
Until I try it have have nothing to say but I'm willing to try. really I'm just getting into this charger class. So far I like how fast I can drop lanes to get the Team moving, but I do feel very exposed close range with A normal charger. And spam shots and splatbombs until they splat me or I splat them.
Depending on the Gootuber's kit it could be a great trade off. The meta at the moment feels way more close quarters. Making medium range weapons more favorable to the Standard charger. I think we saw a little of this effect at E3, since Deadbeat's sniper switched to A splatining gun..
But how the meta evolves from here is yet to be determined. But exciting to see.. also would like to see less Areospray in Turfwar... Please... I was in as lot of games with 6 players using it....

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
But exciting to see.. also would like to see less Areospray in Turfwar... Please... I was in as lot of games with 6 players using it....
You, me, and everyone else I've heard, believe me...fighting against the same weapon over and over gets old. Fast. Things should hopefully change as more people level up though. Expand your horizons, everyone!

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
@TorlothEDIT: I am also curious to see how long before they try to make a charger duelies :wst_charge_light00::wst_charge_light00:
Yeah that might a scary combo still a long time off for me I think.
Dual Bambozlers, Ha what about Splatining Dualies :p
I like the Bamboolies idea--charge, roll out of cover, fire twice, pretty slick. Splatling Dualies would be killer, though--a dodge roll while firing a splatling would totally change their game.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Speaking of the Gootuber I just got shown this recent video from ThatSRB2Dude on maintaining a full charge across distances. Same technique but he prefers to come out of the ink jumping. Me? I usually jump when I need to hop on or down something, otherwise my high sensitivity causes me to reposition my aim too much when I jump out of the ink.

Yet to level to the Gootuber myself, so it sounds disappointing to hear it takes longer to charge and has less range than a splat charger.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Ansible true the goo tuber lacks range, but it is also the only "true" flanking charger.
It can charge, climb walls to get into a better position then aim and fire.
It also, so far the only charger with a close range options giving it a little more freedom and makes up for it's lack of charge.
However, it has the range of a squiffer with the charge of a scoped splat charger, so when the squiffer comes (and my dream comes true) with it's charge keep power this weapon will either have to be buffed or it will fall into obscurity.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Got it working now...
I guess you could say that you...switched the angle of view.

*Slapped*

Now, how many people still play the first game once in a while? I still do. I mean, at least for things in relation to this thread...(Even though I have a thread of the same vain for the 2nd game too...I need to update it).

Also, I miss playing with Japanese players. And Splatoon 1 has more of them. ALOT of them. Yes call me weird, but they're quirky and fun when you get a good group going. Especially when its a full lobby of them.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
I guess you could say that you...switched the angle of view.

*Slapped*
*Continues slapping*

Also, I miss playing with Japanese players. And Splatoon 1 has more of them. ALOT of them. Yes call me weird, but they're quirky and fun when you get a good group going. Especially when its a full lobby of them.
*Slaps harder and mixes in a few backhands as well*

(But seriously, the Japanese players are pretty cool if you can somehow communicate with them and have a good time/make a new friend).

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
I am really looking for the splat brella...It's Resident Evil 4 splice into splatoon. It might be nerfed too later. (But it is so good...) The gameplay mechanic also reminds me of the Soldier's shotgun in itself.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Yeah, I miss some of the Japanese players too. But are Miiverse posts still working? I thought they shut that down in the most recent update.

(I keep forgetting to write a message or draw something for the Splatoon 2 not-Miiverse.)

@Saber, squiffer range but scoped splat charger wait time? Seriously?! Wow~... once the squiffer and/or bamboozler finally take the stage the gootuber really could powerslide into obscurity. Ouch.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
The New Dual Squelcher!

It's going to be released on July 29th (tomorrow).
This is the new version of the old weapon with the same name. In this game, it is a long-range Dualie variant. After sliding, your Inkling puts the two weapons together.
Sub: Point Sensor
Special: Tenta Missiles

Pretty cool idea to convert the "Dual Squelcher" into "Dualies" altogether. I wonder if putting the weapons together after sliding does anything, maybe you get steadier aim that way?
I felt like with the weapon design it was going to happen eventually.

Edit:
But exciting to see.. also would like to see less Areospray in Turfwar... Please... I was in as lot of games with 6 players using it....
Guys I haven't even gotten to play yet ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom