• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dog King

Full Squid
Well, the splat fest is approaching (go team ketchup) and the Dualie Squelchers are here! Can't wait to earn myself some snails in a few days!

YarnDrawcia

Full Squid
I'm currently watching a livestream of someone playing Salmon Run, and I must say, it looks rather fun. It reminds me of Mann vs. Machine from Team Fortress 2, actually. I can't tell if it's more forgiving or more hard, though. Judging by a few of the bosses, it seems to be leaning towards the latter.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Well, guess I'm always going to be a squelcher nut, because these dualies feel magical to play with!

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Really like this idea actually, a weapon with great range having a dodge roll to space out enemies, point sensor and tentamissles
Lately I have been studying the duelies a lot to master them...this will be a cool addition to this.

Also R.I.P inkmines, they are now just a sneaky point senseor not too bad for flanking weapons, but removing all it's kill power to me was a bad idea, hopefully it can get buffed or I can work around this new design mechanic.
Ink Mines in the first Splatoon were all about killing, and they were easily the worst sub of the game. The mine itself had such a long timer you can easily dodge it without issue, to the point i got more kills with a sprinkler than mines. It really says something that an ability dedicated to hard-countering mines was one of the least used abilities in the meta.

One of the other suggestions that commonly came up was to turn them into point sensor weapons, so they went with that so that's at least interesting. The small tap damage softens up the target so the enemy team has an even easier time taking them down.

tollock

Inkster Jr.
Hm, so it seems like the new Dual Squelcher has the same name in Japanese but was specifically named "Dualie Squelcher" in English for some reason. Don't know what to think about the localisation here, I kinda like the idea that it's the exact same weapon with a different setup that takes the name more literally. But maybe they wanted to emphasize its novelty in the english version.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Hm, so it seems like the new Dual Squelcher has the same name in Japanese but was specifically named "Dualie Squelcher" in English for some reason. Don't know what to think about the localisation here, I kinda like the idea that it's the exact same weapon with a different setup that takes the name more literally. But maybe they wanted to emphasize its novelty in the english version.
English Splatoon is always fishing for a pun... they can't even fin-ish a sentence without one swimming by

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
English Splatoon is always fishing for a pun... they can't even fin-ish a sentence without one swimming by
They think it will hook people in better, or at least, tide them over.

(I still prefer Tentacool over 'Off the Hook' though)

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
They think it will hook people in better, or at least, tide them over.

(I still prefer Tentacool over 'Off the Hook' though)
I wake up...to this?!?! That's it! Both of you! Gone! Now!

Sorry, I'm a bit crabby in the morning. (Geez that makes me sound like an 8 year old).

Lol, but those were actually good.

Last edited:

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth

the

Inkling Commander
Welp appearently I do better with snipers than any other weapon. I always loathed snipers in any game I've played... turns out I am that sniper I hated, what a plot twist..
You either die a short-range player or live long enough to see urself become a sniper

Seriously tho, I had the same experience. I was an brush and roller main in the first splatoon, but in Splat 2 I've had more success with chargers and the heavy splatling...

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
You either die a short-range player or live long enough to see urself become a sniper

Seriously tho, I had the same experience. I was an brush and roller main in the first splatoon, but in Splat 2 I've had more success with chargers and the heavy splatling...
For me, I was terrible with the Splattershots in the first game...now somehow I did very well with it on my last test run with it in. Splat 2.

I think the fact that the crosshair in Splat 2 is easier for me to see than in Splat 1 is helping me alot. My eyes are bad so it made me struggle in the first game with some weapons...

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Hi everyone!

I'm new and hoping to stay here and make friends :)

I just recently played match and....I don't think I'll ever get the same score :D
It may happen more often than you think. I've won/lost a few matches by .1% in my Splatoon experience.

Also, welcome!

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
For me, I was terrible with the Splattershots in the first game...now somehow I did very well with it on my last test run with it in. Splat 2.

I think the fact that the crosshair in Splat 2 is easier for me to see than in Splat 1 is helping me alot. My eyes are bad so it made me struggle in the first game with some weapons...
For me I used to use chargers and multishot and multi shot weapons (nzaps, and splattershot pro) a whole lot, though now that I am in Splatoon 2 I am branching out I almost never play the same weapon more than once in a round (other than duelies cause....duelies).
I feel personally that they have done a great job balancing weapons and making each one unique and enjoyable to play even in ranked and league

View attachment 5264
Oh man these shoes look slick and that Ability... That is the Dodge on super jumps.... I like it... Bye hunting boots...
Had this in my queue since this morning

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
For me I used to use chargers and multishot and multi shot weapons (nzaps, and splattershot pro) a whole lot, though now that I am in Splatoon 2 I am branching out I almost never play the same weapon more than once in a round (other than duelies cause....duelies).
I feel personally that they have done a great job balancing weapons and making each one unique and enjoyable to play even in ranked and league
I really agree with that, as I also find myself dipping into more weapons more easily than in the first game. And I honestly hope to see the same from others as well...much like I see you doing all the time (with good effort, none the less).

What im glad about is Salmon Run. It makes you rotate into different weapons. That alone is good practice and I'm happy they made it a thing for this mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom