• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
What im glad about is Salmon Run. It makes you rotate into different weapons. That alone is good practice and I'm happy they made it a thing for this mode.
I really hope that my team can step up their game when I'm the Charger for this reason.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Pretty neat!—the splatfest section of the app shows you who on your friend list joined what side. At least for that region.

Which brings up a curious thought: Anyone tried using an alt account registered for a different region to play another region's splatfest? Or even just to play with people in other regions?

I'm thinking it might be easier to attempt with a physical copy than a digital version.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Pretty neat!—the splatfest section of the app shows you who on your friend list joined what side. At least for that region.

Which brings up a curious thought: Anyone tried using an alt account registered for a different region to play another region's splatfest? Or even just to play with people in other regions?

I'm thinking it might be easier to attempt with a physical copy than a digital version.
Someone else can correct me if need be, but considering you needed to download a different version of the Splatfest demo for each region, I'm assuming you'd need a different copy.

YarnDrawcia

Full Squid
It makes sense there would be different models of a copy of Splatoon 2, for America, Europe, and Japan, considering the Splatfests. I mean, what would happen if you accidentally got into an European Splatfest when you live in America?

Maave

Inkling Commander
THANK YOU. Seems like no one outside of people on my friend list paints the walls. Mobility options are a good thing, people!
Yup, the walls are actually pretty important to get back to the basket. Really sucks when your teammates immediately hit the fan elevator leaving you at the bottom, surrounded, with no ink to climb.

Also know your role. The long range weapons are better for bosses that need to be shot. Short range weapons are better for the bosses that need bombs and for collecting eggs. Please please please take out the boss that you're suited to.

Question to anyone: what are the brushes good for in Salmon run? It's so hard to kill anything with it. Should I just reserve myself to running and bombing only?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Question to anyone: what are the brushes good for in Salmon run? It's so hard to kill anything with it. Should I just reserve myself to running and bombing only?
It has it's uses. You're right that it takes umpteen hits to kill anything, but it's speedy. Probably it's most important perk is that it ignores grates, which makes fighting and egg collecting in those areas easier, especially when tide is high and grates are the only area the salmon decide to show up at.

I mean, it still sucks at actually taking out foes. But it has that going for it.

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
Is it me or is the range of the Splattershot Jr, Splattershot, and rapid blaster almost exactly the same? I just tried them in the test range and couldn't get more range out of anything until I hit the pro and mini splatling I was testing. I don't remember this being the case when the game first came out, did they equalize all the ranges of the similar class weapons in an update or something?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Is it me or is the range of the Splattershot Jr, Splattershot, and rapid blaster almost exactly the same? I just tried them in the test range and couldn't get more range out of anything until I hit the pro and mini splatling I was testing. I don't remember this being the case when the game first came out, did they equalize all the ranges of the similar class weapons in an update or something?
Hmmm. I think their ranges are the same. I went on the firing range and compared those three weapons to a Splatoon 1 range chart, and the results seem to match up.

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
Hmmm. I think their ranges are the same. I went on the firing range and compared those three weapons to a Splatoon 1 range chart, and the results seem to match up.
The results for each weapon seem to match up with their counterpart from 1, or they all seem to match up with each other in 2? I'm sorry my reading comprehension is failing me at the moment...

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The results for each weapon seem to match up with their counterpart from 1, or they all seem to match up with each other in 2? I'm sorry my reading comprehension is failing me at the moment...
No worries, I could've worded that better. The ranges I see in Splatoon 2 appear to match up with Splatoon 1's range chart.

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
No worries, I could've worded that better. The ranges I see in Splatoon 2 appear to match up with Splatoon 1's range chart.
Really? I'll have to take some screenshots tomorrow then for a better comparison. Maybe my testing method is flawed.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
....Huh?!

Guys, look at this...
"New information on festival has been found!
In addition to the two stages chosen by usual Nawabari battle, there is a case that a special stage called "Mystery Zone" is selected only at the time of the festival.
It means that this mystery zone, a different form each time a festival is held."

Whaaat?!

And the stage has trademarks of the hero mode stages...(note the background skies made out of huge display screens)....

This is....unexpected.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
....Huh?!

Guys, look at this...
"New information on festival has been found!
In addition to the two stages chosen by usual Nawabari battle, there is a case that a special stage called "Mystery Zone" is selected only at the time of the festival.
It means that this mystery zone, a different form each time a festival is held."

Whaaat?!

And the stage has trademarks of the hero mode stages...(note the background skies made out of huge display screens)....

This is....unexpected.
ON TO THE OP!!!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Now, this has nothing to do with anything, but I thought I'd just share this. My two main weapons, in a nutshell...

Wonder what they're like in Splatoon 2... (R.I.P. still no Switch)
...Is it bad that I want duck hunt sounds on my N Zaps now? At least for the shooting SFX, hahah.

All it was missing was the screen flash. Anyone who played duck hunt will know what I mean.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Now, this has nothing to do with anything, but I thought I'd just share this. My two main weapons, in a nutshell...

Wonder what they're like in Splatoon 2... (R.I.P. still no Switch)
If it's any consolation, the N-Zap's in a very good place now, that new kit is a terror.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom