Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
The identity of our little fuzzy friend (Judd's counterpart) has been revealed! It may not be the most creative name, but he is now being called Li'l Judd. From Squid Labs: "Breaking news! We’ve confirmed the identity of the furry creature seen previously in both video footage and the recent Testfire event! Ready for it? Everyone, meet Li’l Judd!

Okay, I’ll be the first to admit he’s adorable, but from what we’ve been able to observe, he’s gunning for Judd’s spot as premier Turf War judge like a bloodthirsty tiger crouching in the jungle underbrush. The details of his origins are still shrouded in mystery, but rest assured our research on this fuzzy subject will continue."

OP updated.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
I was thinking. Splatoon had only 5 maps when it first came out, and we've only seen 5 maps so far for Splatoon 2. Does anyone think these are all the maps we'll have on Splatoon 2's launch? Probably not, considering we've got a Nintendo Direct on Wednesday at 6pm EST that is focusing only on Splatoon 2 and ARMS, but it's still possible I guess.

Speaking of, what would we like to see on Wednesday from the Direct?

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I was thinking. Splatoon had only 5 maps when it first came out, and we've only seen 5 maps so far for Splatoon 2. Does anyone think these are all the maps we'll have on Splatoon 2's launch? Probably not, considering we've got a Nintendo Direct on Wednesday at 6pm EST that is focusing only on Splatoon 2 and ARMS, but it's still possible I guess.

Speaking of, what would we like to see on Wednesday from the Direct?
Don't forget we have also seen Moray towers so if had to guess some of the original favorites will be coming back, albeit patched so the they are more balanced. (Ex camp triggerfish and splatzones)

I would love to see what will happen to the other substances; disruptor, splash wall, point sensor, and INK MINE (plz buff nintendo)
As well as seeing whatever other weapons the come up with
For example I still would love to see my disjointed swoosher in game if at all possible

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Moray Towers was one of the 5 I referred to, maybe I should've been more clear.

As for Splash Walls, Ink Mines, Disruptors, Point Sensors, Sprinklers, and everything else, I see it all returning. The only one I don't see returning is (unfortunately) the Seekers, simply because we have the Curling Bombs now. They may not be the same thing, but they are similar in certain aspects.

Actually, thinking about it now, I don't see why they can't be in the same game, so...nevermind. Lol.

An idea I saw in a YouTube video for a new weapon class would be Spray Cans. Like the things graffiti artists use. Could be interesting to see how that might be implemented if it were to become a reality.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
. . .
?
Wait, do you really not see the double squids in the quick respawn?
As in, instead of this:ability_quickrespawn:
it pictures TWO squids with halos and one purple clock icon.
AND this is not photoshopped, you can go over to nintendo's youtube channel and pause the video at 5:14 to see for yourself directly from Nintendo.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Does that new version of Quick Respawn also affect squadmates?!
That'd be pretty awesome actually! Imagine how fast everyone could get back to the battle if everyone on a team were to have at least 1 of those equipped.

I also do wonder...do we think that the only available weapons for Salmon Run are the Splattershot (x2), Splat Roller, and Splat Charger? Or were those the only ones shown off simply because they didn't want us to see anything else?

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
It's been speculated that quick respawn is no longer a stackable ability and is now restricted to certain gear, like tenacity, ink resistance, etc. Not sure if it's true though.
well, if that's true, there goes one of my few gripes with Splatoon.
Now, if there's some sort of training/bot facility, as well, this'll be a day 1 buy.

Who am I kidding, It's gonna be a day 1 buy anyway...

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I really wanted to post a picture but mobile Squidboards doesnt want to work with me
SO
it's link time
https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/159580844444/befriend-an-amiibo-character-and-it-can-remember
You're going to have to zoom in on the pink Inkling in the second picture like I did.
See it yet?

They're earrings in the shape of 2s!
So earrings will definitely be in the game, presumably for aesthetics.
Can't wait to see that!
(If you already know this, then I apologize :P I was looking at the tumblr again when I noticed it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom