• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
So um. Tinfoil hats on Squids and Kids and prepare your conspiracy theories. The official art for splatoon's story has something "interesting".
tumblr_inline_oq4cfm2txT1t4m0j9_1280.jpg
The circled silhouette looks a little familiar, don't you guys think? Almost like a certain idol.

Neon Green and black versions of all the weapon types are really cool too.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That "new weapon" shown at the begining of the single player level play

It splats an octarian in 2 hits and has a fire rate that seems similar to the .52 gal

No hard data, obviously (we don;t know the HP of the octarian slplatted and whatnot)
but it's what I observed.

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
So um. Tinfoil hats on Squids and Kids and prepare your conspiracy theories. The official art for splatoon's story has something "interesting".
View attachment 4885
The circled silhouette looks a little familiar, don't you guys think? Almost like a certain idol.

It was the first thing I noticed tbh. I cannot believe that speculators were correct. I'm in shock and I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS.
Also hero Slosher boys get your Buckets ready.
Can we also take a second to acknowledge those rad Octarian Goggles? New fave headgear, hands down.

In all seriousness, it looks like they've revamped the mode. All sorts of new and exciting ways to play, lighthearted levels, and overall just a solid mode once again. I like how they've amplified the story element to it, as it will keep me intrigued the entire way playing through. The bosses look creative, as well as the other enemies (Roller Octarian HYPE). Just another selling point for me, I'll have fun with this even offline.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215

It splats an octarian in 2 hits and has a fire rate that seems similar to the .52 gal

No hard data, obviously (we don;t know the HP of the octarian slplatted and whatnot)
I'm kinda hoping for low damage, high fire rate. Like an Aerospray with accuracy.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Aw ye
View attachment 4885

dude that is Callie

Do you have a version without the circle? Planning on making it my phone wallpaper

I thought it was a Rapid Blaster

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
*Meanwhile while you guys blow up the thread, the creator of said thread is stuck doing HW and was only able to watch the Direct before having to get back to HW due to a time crunch*

I'll update the OP with anything necessary tomorrow.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
*Meanwhile while you guys blow up the thread, the creator of said thread is stuck doing HW and was only able to watch the Direct before having to get back to HW due to a time crunch*

I'll update the OP with anything necessary tomorrow.
Ah, Homework. The arch nemesis of any squid kid.

Take your time! Everyone here appreciates your good work more than any homework.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So I want to point out we got a new shooter variant in splatoon...
...We also have hero variants of the blaster, slosher, roller, duelies, and (of course) charger.
These weapons will be delivered to us by our trusty friend Sheldon who will be helping us while Annie will be helping us with weapons in the shop.
We also see new octarians, including a log(looks like dynamite to me) throwing ocatarian, a hydra sniperSplatling Octarian, a giant helicopter pancake face, and a dorky MEGA DYNAMO WIELDING octo dude on a unicycle. Plus an elite octarian using a roller (using different variant of popular weapons might indicate more support toward you know what...)
Lastly, I feel this pic above might even be hinting at corrupted Octarian Marie Callie(YEAAAA BOIII)...
Credit to @Saber (so go like his post in the switch reveal thread =p it has the big ol' splatoon 2 story mode pic in it))for writing down most (if not all, I'll re-re-watch it again tonight or tomorrow to be extra thorough) new tidbits from this new trailer. My edits are in green.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
"Furthermore, when you buy soft and target goods in Seven - Eleven or Seven Net Shopping, you can get a special gear that can be used with "Splatoon 2". Please check this page for more details."

Whaaaaaaat. There had better be a way for the rest of us to get ahold of these.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
"Furthermore, when you buy soft and target goods in Seven - Eleven or Seven Net Shopping, you can get a special gear that can be used with "Splatoon 2". Please check this page for more details."

Whaaaaaaat. There had better be a way for the rest of us to get ahold of these.
Those are some pretty neat jackets

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom