• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Pretty much Confirmation that Octolings aren't going to be playable...
But they look Pretty Rad.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pretty much Confirmation that Octolings aren't going to be playable...
But they look Pretty Rad.
???
I didn't read anywhere there that even hinted at them not being playable.
And if the lack of reference to them being playable is your evidence

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
But don't misread me, I still think them being playable is still just as far off as it was... I just want them to be =[

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
???
I didn't read anywhere there that even hinted at them not being playable.
And if the lack of reference to them being playable is your evidence

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
But don't misread me, I still think them being playable is still just as far off as it was... I just want them to be =[
Unless they are going to mix Hero mode and Online mode... I don't think it will happen..
"I know they’re super rad looking, but do NOT let that fool you. They’ll come after Agent 4 with whatever weapon they can find."

That statement in general pretty much cements that they won't be playable in my mind but also... I could be wrong, personally I don't think that it's going to happen in Splatoon 2, I also think the amount of people that want them playable are few. But I hope the game is fun and people enjoy it for what is has and not what it doesn't..

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
You know what maybe you won't be able to play Octolings. But maybe they will give you an Octoling Hair style, that is pretty much all your missing from the first game right (unless I was totally ignorant to them having a different "Squid form")
I'm pretty sure they will give out the Octo gear again or at least have it available.

HOLD IT!!!! I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING....

What is Callie is in Deep cover in the Octarian empire. She decides to visit Captain Cuttlefish before heading home to see her family. Finds they are both gone....

Also what happened to Agent 3?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Let's introduce the buki used in E3 one after another. This is "Hot Blaster". It is a bukki that can fire a range attack by firing an exploding ink. The speed of bullets is also slow, but if you can make a direct hit, you will have the power that can defeat your opponent with a blow. Sub is "poison mist", special is "super chakchi".
This is a new sub weapon "Poison Mist". I will make a suspicious fog for a while around the place I landed. In the fog of the opponent's color, the moving speed is slightly delayed, and the ink is gradually lost. The effect of losing ink will become bigger as you stay in the fog for a long time.

Sounds like the Disruptor got reworked a little. As for the Blaster, the more things change...

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Hrrm, interesting with the new disruptor. I could see it being very effective in choking points. I wonder how long the fog effect lasts? I think thats the big question here.

Jhonnybird

Full Squid
NNID
Jhonnybird2004
It seems like you also fine the 'poison fog' in the campaign. If you look at 2 mins 4 secs in the singleplayer trailer, you'll see it.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
This is very important for me. Disruptor is my most used, and spam sub weapon of all time with my gear. So I am wondering with this cloud...I mean, I already had good aim with it before. I never miss usually, but this looks even more devastating. Man, what diabolical things I can do with this!

I hope the tri-slosher has it still, because I LOVED using it...

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@SquidHunterX firstoff nice Avatar (had a similar one in the past), also yeah it is the replacement to the disruptor, but has wider coverage and is overall better.
The disruptor was good, but mainly on weapons with bubbler since people would keep close to allies to prevent attacks, plus it cost alot of ink so it left you pretty vulerable making it hard to again do anything other than mark and run away.
This posion mist will be alot better, allowing you to keep pressure off chargers, and rainmakers, due to the slow and ink loss ability, while also giving the possibly to provide some cover to confuse enemies.
P.S "What is the Super Chakchi"?

Also really loving the ouch, used to spam booyah to warn teammates of enemies, not one ever listened....

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Leronne thanks
Though personally I would have preferred the ink cloud on the blaster, cause posion cloud + ink cloud would be a great debuff / support combo for the blaster, plus it would change how blasters are normally played, (excluding the custom of course).

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I can see why the Blaster would have the Splashdown. With that weapon's positioning and zoning they could be in good position to goomba stomp foes already.

I like the new disruptor's skill ceiling too - that poison field will mess with campers and choke points, yes, but good aim will be more vital than ever, I can easily imagine someone throwing one of these at a sniper perch at a slightly off angle and the sniper having juuuuuuuuust enough wiggle room to continue their activities unimpeded.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom