• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Are Mines actually going to be good for once!? Also with the Disruptor and Seeker being rebalanced, I think it's safe to say the same will happen with the Splash Wall. In addition to Splash Wall, the last Sub Weapons we still need to see are Sprinklers and Squid Beacons, the later of which I'm very interested in seeing how it'll work. Exciting times right now with these frequent updates!

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
THIS WHOLE THREAD BECAME ABOUT BOMBS.

Assuming the devs have held true to their word of adding a miiverse stand in
We're going to need a great touchscreen artist to draw up a version of this, just with three batmans, each holding one of the new bombs.

And if anyone feels like it, edit this gif to have them all carrying different splatoon bombs and maybe some inkling hair on dem bats xD

Last edited:

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
RELAX EVERYONE! I HAVE SOME NOT-BOMB WEAPONS TO SHARE!
Google Translate:
I will introduce the buki that I introduced earlier as well.
This is "Splash Shooter".
It has the standard performance and is said to be the origin of every buki.
The versatility that can handle any aspect is the greatest advantage.
Sub is "Quick Bomb", Special is "Super Chak Chi".

Google Translate:
This is a "sprayer".
You can also shake the ground with rolling rollers, swinging ink by shaking the rollers with buki, which is good at proximity warfare.
The addition of vertical waving during the jump further broadened the range of tactics.
Sub is "Curling Bomb", Special is "Super Chakchi".

Google Translate:
This is a "splash charger".
It is a bukki who is good at long distance shooting high power ink by charging.
With sustained movement for a while while maintaining the full charge state, the mobility improved with charge keep.
Sub is "splash bomb", special is "hyper presser".

Google Translate:
This is "Suprascope".
It is a model with a scope attached to the sprayer charger.
It is easy to aim distant, the range is slightly longer than the normal model.
However, because the scope is bulky, charge keeping can not be used.
Sub is "splash bomb", special is "hyper presser".

Google Translate:
This is "Supra maneuver".
"Slide" which ejects ink from the rear nozzle and moves at high speed is the biggest feature.
Slides can be done up to 2 times in a row, after the slide the stance will change and you will be able to attack fast attacks at a single point.
Sub is "Quick Bomb", Special is "Multi missile".

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/873115996067737601
Google Translate:
This is "bucket throttish".
It is a bukkake that discharges a large amount of ink accumulated in the body like a bucket at one time.
Since ink is emitted in a locus close to a parabola, it can attack even the opponent on the other side of a little step.
Let's take advantage of the benefits of the earth.
Sub is "Cuban Bomb", Special is "Multi missile"

This was too many tweets, to the point that I may have broken the limit on that last one...

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Thank you for posting, I was about to to the same when I just saw the tweets. They also have new tweets about Splatling, Slosher, Sprinkler, Beakon and Splashwall but I don't want to ninja you ^^"

Aww, no charge-keep for the scope version of the charger.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I missed a few *weezes*

Thank you for posting, I was about to to the same when I just saw the tweets. They also have new tweets about Splatling, Slosher, Sprinkler, Beakon and Splashwall but I don't want to ninja you
I got this! Thanks for allowing it, hah.

Google Translate:
This is "barrel spinner".
It is a bukki that charges the power of rotation and firing the ink at high speed.
I am not good at unexpected encounter battles, but if you charge ahead with a solid massage, you can control a wide range of opponents.
Sub is "sprinkler", special is "hyper presser".

Google Translate:
"Sprinkler" is a sub weapon that continues to appear from the previous work.
You will sprinkle ink automatically around the installation place.
In this work, the paint power immediately after installation is considerably stronger.
However, after a while the paint weakens.
Let's skillfully change the place of installation and secure Nawabari efficiently.

Google Translate:
Although the bukki appearing in E3 is over, "jump beacon" and "splash shield" will appear in "splatoon 2" besides the sub weapon introduced so far.
We also have information that there are special weapons that have not been discovered yet.
It seems that research will continue more.

WHEW.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Okay, now that those tweets are out of the way...I'll get a few of my own thoughts in.

That roller...It has the sub weapon and special that I was hoping it would have! This should hold me over plenty as a starter weapon untill I work up into getting my usual main weapons. Splash down is going to be a blast to use.

And that slosher, it sounds good. I havent used that one in a long while for the first game. Maybe I'll revisit it! If not at least to try out those tentamissles...or whatever they're called now.

Dualies are dualies. I'm definitely going to try them out after a while. I hope I feel right at home with how its crosshairs/aiming works between dodging and regular foot pace.

...And splash wall is back. Not my most favorite sub (even though I use a :wst_shot_gravity00:) but I wonder if its been tweaked at all? Doesn't seem like it...

Theres still more special weapons left to be seen, so I can't wait until they reveal those!

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Finally, the first slosher set!
I wasn't sure what the "Cuban Bomb" was but it seems it's the suction bomb. The first time a slosher got this bomb, this is going to be funny!
Tenta Missiles are a great way to deal with enemies far away.

Now I just need to know the first sets for Nozzlenose and Eliter and I'm totally happy.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Oh Sprinkler I had almost given up hope you were in the game... My favorite sub for turf wars.
Nice to see most of the old kit returning. With all this new information..... It makes want to play more...
I ordered A Splatoon 2 case (from Japan) for my switch in excitement for the realase...

But Arms is out Friday.... and I will be playing that (and overwatch) untill The 21 of July

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Thread is engaging in extreme weapon's development....

Time to bring out the big guns!

(My apologizes for the dank memes, I am this exited and finally some familiar weapons. There is too much for me to bare.)

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
I've heard there was a splatoon two switch bundle announced for Japan, has there been news of that releasing elsewhere?

I'll probably wait for another version of the slosher. I didn't care for the suction bomb in splatoon 1. The tentamissile on it is certainly interesting though...

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
I've heard there was a splatoon two switch bundle announced for Japan, has there been news of that releasing elsewhere?

I'll probably wait for another version of the slosher. I didn't care for the suction bomb in splatoon 1. The tentamissile on it is certainly interesting though...
Euorpe gets the bundle with Blue and Red Joycons. but Japan gets the Exclusive green and pink Joycons (I want Double Pink and green for reasons). Please note importing the Japanese Splatoon2 bundle may end poorly the Japanese copy of the game is Japanese only (if the eShop is to be believed)

Suction bombs we're also cool. Tentamissels were fun to use..

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@ForteReborn
Honestly it's been a long time coming, the memes were bound to hit soon
Though it is good to see there are more specials in the works, including a revamped bomb rush (autonomy bomb rush anyone) and a few other that will likely hit (since they did confirm it would be more than in Splatoon)
Also love how they made it so unscoped chargers now have more of advantage to their use, before it was e-liter/ kelp scopes against my charger and squiffers so now chargers might be a little more balanced

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom