• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Apparently League mode is locked until you hit B- rank. Fair enough. I just know we're gonna get at least a few people screaming that they can't squad with friends RIGHT AWAY :rolleyes:
You mean like B- overall or just B- for at least one ranked mode? It sounds like Ninty really wants to make it so that you have to be competent at Ranked to do League. Props to them, of course, but I can definitely see that problem arising.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I don't know, but either is pretty sensible. Turf's war available with friends from the start and Salmon Run's at level 4, so I like to think the imagined problem is pretty baseless.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm captain tiny news man today apparently! The Nintendo Switch Online app is available already, go get it!
No complaints here, it's like a pseudo break from news scouring for me!
(which is especially convenient for me since I've sworn off nearly all searching, outside of jp twitter and squid research lab, until I beat single player =P)

WiseSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Lornomeister

Misheard Lyrics:

Woomy me
Tapestry
beam my mum up
So that my aunt, my cuzz' can splatoon

Splatoon!

Woomy high!
summer summer she's so high!
Now two muppets show up
So that my mum...

Hey, Hey
Thats a muppet shop!

Hey Hey
splatoon!

Hey, hey
You're to common momma

Hey Hey,
Woomy
Woomy me
Tapestry
(It seems Pearl has mommy issues....Or I do XD)

Maave

Inkling Commander
Kinda random but does anyone else think the ink in this game is more shinier/reflective than before.
My roommate noticed that but I thought it was just the Splatfest. It looks more "texture-y" to me although I can't pinpoint why.

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
The ink difference is very noticeable but hard to describe. From what I can tell... the ink is pretty much the same, but how the surfaces of the ink reflects the surroundings was changed completely. The ink was not all that reflective in the original Splatoon which gave it a flatter feel, almost like paint. However, in Splatoon 2 the ink is extremely reflective and acts like actual ink.

Notice how there are barely any lighting differences on the ink. It looks very flat...

You can kinda see a little amount of gloss here, but it's still very flat looking.

Now compare those to Splatoon 2 and the difference is extremely noticeable. The reflection and color contrast have been increased a lot to give the ink a glossier and more fluid texture. It's no longer flat and bland like it was before.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
New tweets ahoy:
"There are 8 stages that you can play from regular release, such as regular matches, latin matches, league matches and others.
Every 2 hours, two stages will be candidates, and each battle will fight on either stage.
Remember the characteristics first, let's find the best buki for your combination of stages."
"When Shake approaches the isolated area, a mystery byte "Salmon run" that recruitment of Kumasan Shokai begins.
A large amount of shake has occurred for 3 days from the release on July 21 (Friday), so it seems that bytes are recruited specially at a high frequency.
For participation, rank 4 or higher is necessary, but why not try challenging "salmon run" on this opportunity?"

So these are some things to expect at launch. Not bad with the salmon run, I was kindof expecting more than 8 maps at launch though...but I'm sure that wont stay at 8 maps for long as updates should come pretty quickly at the start, I feel.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
The Switch online app magically started working this morning. I can't do much in it. Looks like it let's you send an invite to someone through Messenger, LINE...ect.
This is something I like. So random jerks... Can't send me rude messages. Looks like we can also invite in game also but my guess is that the invite notification is sent to the smart phone.

So at the moment it's pretty bare bones.
But that is okay, until I get the game and can test out functions.here is hoping that I can que up for Turfwar with my friends.
That was something I couldn't do with the splatfest unless I had a 4 man premade. ( A little lame)

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Leaves for 1 day
Nintendo switch app release, Splatoon anime out , weapon unlock released and, Mashahiro Sakurai comes out on flying smash ball helicopter and puts inklings into smash 5
........maybe a little bit exaggerated but holy cow did I miss a lot in little under 24 hours, guess the hype train is gonna be flying into the station.

Though I am totally calling Inkling in the next smash bros, just you wait

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So there's word going around Twitter that you can get unique abilities on different gear via Annie's splatnet shop.

I'm sure some people will be elated, but this sounds like a potential can of worms in terms of balance to me!
Not really this is really cool for me there has always been new gear that I really enjoyed wearing but it's stats were so terrible I never really got a use out of them. (Like the Avaitors)
Annie giving out gear you still might not get the ability you want but at least it might prove more useful since the gear sets are at random preset choices on the gear store.
Also again with gear scrubbing as we get further into the gane we are going to see a lot more of the imbalance since patches will stop and gear scrubbing will be farmed to death. Annie gear might slightly expedite the process but will far from be the core cause of imbalance

Last edited:

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」

Found this in a review video. My only complaint is the fact that I have not had a smartphone in years because I never used it lol. I'm pretty much at the house whenever I'm not at work so I never felt the need to carry it around. I'm sure there will be a PC version of the app though.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador

Found this in a review video. My only complaint is the fact that I have not had a smartphone in years because I never used it lol. I'm pretty much at the house whenever I'm not at work so I never felt the need to carry it around. I'm sure there will be a PC version of the app though.
Since it's on iOS and Android I'm sure you can use it on other compatible devices. Not sure about mobile emulators on PC, though worth a try. I'd also like to see a browser version as well since the current splatnet is viewable on browser.

But does anyone know if Annie only provides one alternate version for each piece of gear, or does she cycle through every possible main ability for it?

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Being someone without a smart device since I currently don't need one due to working and studying from home, the Splatnet situation keeps pushing me to take the plunge to get a new phone. I can get one, I just don't feel like it at the moment. :p

Here's hoping there is a standard PC version, I don't see why there would not be one. I would be spending so much more time on my computer than my phone, I would like Splatnet accessible via more channels if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom