Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I'm super excited for the Octo Expansion. This is a 100% buy for me. The level design for these levels seems more ambitious than the ones in the normal campaign and slapping on the dark subway aesthetic for the overworld gives it a lot more layers.

For the past few months I've always had in my head that I'd want to see a Splatoon spin off that focused a lot on the single player with a fleshed out story and more ambitious mechanics. Seems I'm getting my wish in the form of DLC.

Given the expansion appears to be quite hefty, 80 levels is quite a lot, even if they're as short as the single player levels we currently have. This more than justifies the $20 price tag, especially considering that a lot of it seems built from the ground up (all those new subway assets and all those new NPC models, there's so much that's completely new).

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I'll never ever stop playing this game confirmed! Man even bringing Callie back, I wonder if that was planned from the start or because of the plaza movement. Also I love how despite this being a multiplayer focused game, the Octo expansion is singleplayer content. Most if not all dlc for online multiplayer games these days is for the multiplayer, so that's pretty surprising. Really hope the story and lore are truely fleshed out this time!

Woomyapple

Full Squid
NNID
Apple
Switch Friend Code
SW-2793-7212-9515
Moving on... I wonder what the gimmicks of the stages will be in the Octo Expansion. Will the Octolings have their own versions of hero replicas? Can the Octolings play the normal Splatoon 2 stages? That would be cool.
Oh and the story, I am super hyped for the story. I have always wanted some character development for Pearl and Marina.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
During the 3.0 trailer, the Clash Blaster threw a burst bomb, and on the win/loss screen when they were introducing Rank X, the special was Tenta-Missiles...

Clash Blaster Neo, Burst Bomb, Tenta Missiles is going to be so OP.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Alrite ye squits
Here's a list of all the new **** I found by pausing the direct splatoon video every second
---Lots of new gear, this I will not list out individually, but there is a fair amount of re-skinned gear. Not a bad thing here, imo. But the gas mask is returning, so that's amazing(hopefully we can get the octo tee with something besides haunt, I don;t like the new haunt >_<)
---Piranha Pit: the short clip does not show the two lowered sides, but mid looks different. there is increased cover for the snipe perchs overlooking it, along with the conveyor belts no longer being side-by-side, instead pushed back towards spawn to open a small, flat mid area. This leads me to believe the map is a touch wider, overall, so that the newly pushed back conveyors don't crowd the previously smaller pit areas next to the snipe perches.
---Camp Triggered fish, now with a sneak rail to get from the long street area over to your grates. a sponge to help one team get over the wall, and a little block atop the zone wall. LATER ON in the video, it shows off the gates next to spawn that lower near the end of a turf war. . . only there is only 1 now instead of 2???
---WaaHOOOOO world. New stage, so I won;t say a whole lot on the design. Just that it seems to be a kind of walleye-esque looking layout, except they turned middle into a circle as opposed to a rectangle, and they reeeeally tricked out the middle tower...thing. Much excite for me.
---Lel. One of the inklings on the rank X reveal has a funny looking baseball cap with a long bill.
---OH rank X! Yeah looks like it'll work off of either your hidden power rating OR the mysterious and unexplained rank skipping requiremnts, since it shows someone at S+9 going into it instead of an S+50 person, like I'd expected. Also, it seems to give you some kind of 10 game preliminary period when you rank up to X, very od...
---Sorrella brella teased in the rank X results screen, still has splat bomb rush looks like, same as the datamine
---CUSTOM DUALIE SQUELCHER DOESN'T HAVE INK ARMOR it has stingray in the same results screen, this sucks(I mean, it's not the worst, but c'mon now it's like a funny jet squelcher varient instead of it's own weapon kit)
---H3-D still has ink armor (cool, but I was most excited for dualies with armor =[ )
---Neo Crayola gun still has tenta missles, but now has Burst bombs instead of sprinkler
---New gear for our octoling protagonist, SPECULATION I smell new gear rewards when you complete this new single player campaign? Just a hunch...
---new music, me likey. Give it a listen over again if ya want ;o
---CAPTAIN CUTTLEFISH WE MISSED YOU!!! Lookin' fly, my squid!
---Soooooo many new npc, some returning ones with new outfits.
---What if I told you. . . isopod hour is coming?
---Incase you missed it, playable octoling girl and boy confirmed.
---This new single player hubworld seems to be the derelict subway
---The octoling enemies are now. . . blue green? They also have super weapons now, or atleast inkjet. octolings with baller, splashdown(please no spammed splashdowns) or bomb launcher might be a bit too out there, but I can see stingrays, tenta missles, and ink armors on enemy octolings
---baller can now be used by the player in single player, looks cool.
---Clash blaster in single player??? (doesn;t look like a hero varient, though they also show off your octoling using a regular heavy splatling and a slosher in this new single player, so...)
---amped up enemy spawn counts in this campaign? I'm more than game for more challenging levels >=P
---Some kind of crazy ball launching thing that can collect those weird onion rings with the power egg bonus when you go through 'em. I'm willing to bet these flying orbs are also flying orbs of doom for splatting octarians.
---Death Lasers. No, not just the laser sight of a charger. These things are mounted lasers, and they do not ook good for your skin.
---Your octoling is. . . Agent 8??? So to recap; Agents 1 and 2 are Callie and Marie, agent 3 is your inkling in splatoon one, agent four is your inkling in splatoon two. Who are agents 5, 6 and 7??? I'm guessing pearl and Marina are two of them, but that leaves one mystery agent. Sheldon maybe? I dunno... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
---Meanwhile, at the spinning Octarian fortress of DOOM. . .
---Looks like on some grind rails, you'll be sharing them with death spinners, reminds me of Twilight Princess Arbiter's grounds.
---And of course, the new gear for buying the DLC pack is a recolored studio head phones (with octoling symbosl on the side) main ability Ink recovery, and the layered Long sleeve octoling symbol shirt with ink saver main. Both are cuttlegear brand.
PHEW
think I got just about everything

Last edited:

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander

And now we’re back to the realm of disappointments. I do recall someone guessing this as a cruel joke Nintendo would play :p
Well... Okay I guess. I could probably play it as a backline support with painting and sub-power up boosted beakons.

Windstar

Pro Squid
Something horrible happened. My power was off for a week, but since I have a phone and car charger, I can still use the internet. Even without the Switch, I managed to get through it. What didn't get through it was Splatoon 2. I was actually playing Splatoon 2 when the power went out. When I turned on the Switch right around this time to play Splatoon 2, a message popped up that scared the s*** out of me.

"Corrupted data was been detected."

I flipped my s***, and not in a good way. I was pissed. Luckily, reinstalling the game managed to fix it. When I turned on the game again, I was met with a tutorial screen. I was confused for a second, but then it hit me. ALL OF MY F****** DATA WAS GONE. Hundreds of hours, every single weapon, my 1000% in singleplayer, all of my Super Sea Snails, ALL OF WAS GONE.

I really don't what to do. Tell me what the new weapon is like, alrighty?

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Considering that a lot of Sploosh players I see use it to penetrate the opponent's team with the aid of Curling Bombs and then use Splashdown as a panic button, I doubt this one will see that much use compared to its vanilla counterpart.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Considering that a lot of Sploosh players I see use it to penetrate the opponent's team with the aid of Curling Bombs and then use Splashdown as a panic button, I doubt this one will see that much use compared to its vanilla counterpart.
I’m sure some psychos will prefer this kit, but to me, it seems like the worst possible kit for it, which is funny because the vanilla is the best possible kit for it.

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
Ahh that direct was absolutely beautiful. A bit surprised about paid DLC but it is a whole new SP campaign and 20e doesn't sound too bad for me. Can't wait to play as a cute little octoling! The only thing I'm sad about is that my all-time favorite map Saltspray Rig didn't appear.. ;_; But the old maps that were shown I do like anyway!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Remember they did say first paid DLC, which is something worth pondering at a later date. But I'm guessing the release date will be in August as the free year of updates will be up by then with one year of Splatfests left.

I'd like to take credit for calling it:

View attachment 6193
...you monster...

@Windstar, One of my great fears with this console. My heart goes out.

Was the console plugged into a regular outlet when the power went out? Do you have a flash card in the console? Remove it and boot up the console, and check on a computer or phone to see if the card is corrupted. Are your other games affected as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom