Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Watching vids and clips of the Japanese Splatfest. The colour combination this time around is just blah as it's just two shades of green! But the Shifty Station has quite a bit of (low) verticality and grappleink/grappling hooks. Seems even your ink storm can activate it too. Don't know about tenta missiles, bubbles, and some subs like sprinkler though.

You shouldn't use wifi anyway. The Switch LAN adapter is well worth the price.
Unless your locations aren't ethernet port friendly and/or you're traveling handheld mode.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I used to be on the Minecraft forums and in OT we had a thread where we just talked like it was a long-form IRC. This thread would reach thousands of pages and need to be deleted and remade multiple times because the site couldn't handle such a singularly large thread.

I had over 3 thousand posts in it. Some regulars reached ten thousand.
The only reason my Splatoon group went on Discord was because we kept crashing our Twitter accounts both on phone and desktop with mega-threads.

the

Inkling Commander
I used to be on the Minecraft forums and in OT we had a thread where we just talked like it was a long-form IRC. This thread would reach thousands of pages and need to be deleted and remade multiple times because the site couldn't handle such a singularly large thread.

I had over 3 thousand posts in it. Some regulars reached ten thousand.
On an animal crossing forum there was a forum game that was so spam-inducing that it might as well have been an IRC lol. I remember it being at like 3000 pages, and that was like 2 years ago

ANYWAY my opinion of this shifty station:

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Watching vids and clips of the Japanese Splatfest. The colour combination this time around is just blah as it's just two shades of green! But the Shifty Station has quite a bit of (low) verticality and grappleink/grappling hooks. Seems even your ink storm can activate it too. Don't know about tenta missiles, bubbles, and some subs like sprinkler though.

Unless your locations aren't ethernet port friendly and/or you're traveling handheld mode.
First off ai want this to be a permanent stage, I think a stage with a moray towers esque setup. it makes it so fun to swing around the stage with a charger like a spider-squid....I do feel the stingray is a bit much though...

@SquidKid85
I do believe this is the largest, follow by the dead sea thread and the Splatoon 2 think tank...

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
First off ai want this to be a permanent stage, I think a stage with a moray towers esque setup. it makes it so fun to swing around the stage with a charger like a spider-squid....I do feel the stingray is a bit much though...

@SquidKid85
I do believe this is the largest, follow by the dead sea thread and the Splatoon 2 think tank...
The Splatfest stage from before this, the one with cannons and the one with the spinner in mid are three of my favorite stages period. If they put the mechanics that made those fun into some new stages, that would be awesome. Even if they were turf only.

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
@Spaceswitchmars sadly, I wasn't around to play the stage wiith the cannons, but the one with the spinners was a really great stage.

I believe they will add Shifty Station, but I don't know how they will. Maybe every time it's in rotation, a different version is used?

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
@Amarae Whoa... that is just too much... I don't really think that posting ten thousand times would be good for your mental health.
@SquidKid85 Yes it is.
@the THAT'S AMAZING if that map ever comes here, imagine what you could do with Special Charge, or actually Sub Power Up + Burst Bombs... Or what about surprise Splashdowns? Someone should start a thread about this...

Last edited:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I really hope they'll patch that stingray trick out, that seems really obnoxious. Basically means that stingray, on top of already being a very powerful weapon, can now teleport you across the map. Advancing and protecting your turf means nothing anymore if people can just fly past it lol

the

Inkling Commander
I really hope they'll patch that stingray trick out, that seems really obnoxious. Basically means that stingray, on top of already being a very powerful weapon, can now teleport you across the map. Advancing and protecting your turf means nothing anymore if people can just fly past it lol
Yeah, I’m honestly wondering why they left that in. I mean it was pretty well-known that you could do it in story mode, idk why they wouldn’t take that into consideration and put like a wall or something in the center of the map to prevent cross-map teleportation.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Yeah, I’m honestly wondering why they left that in. I mean it was pretty well-known that you could do it in story mode, idk why they wouldn’t take that into consideration and put like a wall or something in the center of the map to prevent cross-map teleportation.
Well it does seem to come at a cost, it nullifies your special which for a weapon like a .52 gal is good but on a weapon like a splatcharger this teleport could not only waste special but also compromise thier positioning.

So although busted on some weapon It should be patched cause it can hurt many more weapons than it could help

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Well it does seem to come at a cost, it nullifies your special which for a weapon like a .52 gal is good but on a weapon like a splatcharger this teleport could not only waste special but also compromise thier positioning.

So although busted on some weapon It should be patched cause it can hurt many more weapons than it could help
I'm not sure if any of this matters anyway because, as we're all aware, free will is a myth and we're all living inside a simulation.

But I also doubt it gets patched out because, when Nintendo makes a mistake that leads to a weird competitive advantage (see fire hopping in MK8), they rarely fix such mistakes.

jazuren

Inkling
NNID
Jazuren
Hey guys, I couldn't find a thread on this so I thought I'd ask. Sometimes, in ranked, I see players that are under level 10, they're level 9 down. How is that possible? They also usually have a star next to their level if I'm correct. Did I miss something?

Sorry if this is a thing someone else has brought up!

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Hey guys, I couldn't find a thread on this so I thought I'd ask. Sometimes, in ranked, I see players that are under level 10, they're level 9 down. How is that possible? They also usually have a star next to their level if I'm correct. Did I miss something?

Sorry if this is a thing someone else has brought up!
"Shooting for the stars" - levels updated in Splatoon 2 The star next to the level basically means "one hundred AND (number)", though it can be reset multiple times. So the star is basically an indicator for a person who has leveled beyond 99.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
dont know if anybody saw this yet, but this is pretty big news for one of the new maps coming soon
Seems like Piranha Pit is getting special treatment this time around, not only has it been slightly updated but the map completely changes its layout for rainmaker

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
Oh good, one of my favorite stages from the first game has been rendered in at least one mode to be as flat and blocky and samey as all the non-returning stages.
View attachment 6259
I don't think I agree with you. I think all of the new stages have a pretty decent aesthetic, even if they have a simpler layout. Frankly a simpler layout I find to be better for a competitive experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom