Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the

Inkling Commander
I’m digging wahoo world, it’s like a more well-thought-out shifty station. I also like that it’s not totally square and boxy like a lot of the other new maps

What are you guys’ thoughts?

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
...Sooo there's not going to be a new balancing patch? Either that or i missed something.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I'm guessing it'll be next week during the usual Tuesday~Thursday time period of weekly server maintenance periods

Lumiose_Ink

Inkling
I hope the server maintenance checks for any modded game data.
Actually, Nintendo is already banning those who have used the Octolings online. It wouldn't surprise me if those who used those modded weapon hacks online are getting banned, too. I believe the original creator of the modded weapon was banned, but I'm not actually sure if they were.

That being said, I'm honestly really, really glad that we've finally gotten the Custom Dualie Squelchers. I've been waiting for this set in particular forever, and I can't wait to try out the weapon soon.

I haven't gotten the chance to try neither it or the Sorella Undercover Brella, which is another weapon that caught my attention, as of yet. However, I managed to play on the new stage, Wahoo World, and it's quite fun. Splat Zones in Wahoo World is especially chaotic, considering how many options you have to enter the Splat Zone's platform.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Some thoughts on the update.

Wahoo World is very fun. The fight can be a bit scattered, which can lead to some "did we lose!?" kinda moments, but other than that I don't have a lot of complaints. I still have to get used to the layout a bit, but so far it's been fun and I've had some very intense matches.

The Undercover Sorella Brella is very fun. Splat Bomb goes together with it very well, and it doesn't lose its ability to panic-button when you lose your shield, something I really liked in the vanilla U.B. That makes two great kits for one weapon.

The Custom Dualie Squelchers are okay as well. I'm not a huge fan of the main weapon, but Splat Bombs are great for this one too. Ink Storm is also always good on anything. Yet another weapon with two good kits, though in this case both are about equal IMO.

Autobomb rush is...fine I guess. It's kind of funny to be chased by 7 Autobombs. Too bad it's stuck on a main weapon I just don't like that much. The Carbon Roller just doesn't benefit from the new vertical fling nearly as much as the Splat Brella. I used to be really good with it in S1, so maybe I should just keep trying or something, but it's not like missing out on Autobomb rush is that much of a loss.

Cuttlefish cap is great to see back. And this time around you're not forced to have a ****ty ability on it!
I had forgotten how devious Splat Bombs could be (used to use them religiously in Splatoon 1 but my typical weapons in Splatoon 2 use other things).
Same here. But since I've recently gotten into the Tri-Slosher Nouveau and those two have just released, so I'm getting back in the Splat Bomb business.

Reactions: the

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
Couldn't test out Wahoo World for myself today 'cause I'm at Universal (an actual theme park :p) with my family. I was afraid that the general hourglass shape I saw on the video would make the center a chokepoint and that would take the fun out of it, but it sounds like most people like Wahoo World.

Kai.E

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8062-1940-0630
I’m digging wahoo world, it’s like a more well-thought-out shifty station. I also like that it’s not totally square and boxy like a lot of the other new maps

What are you guys’ thoughts?
Yeah I love how Wahoo world came out, and it is very unique with all the curves. the carousel in the middle was a super cool idea and it turning, stopping, making bridges and such is awesome. the open areas feel just open enough that your a little on edge but designed in a way that you still have good options. Wahoo world gets a pass from me.

My excitement

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
A new ranked game mode has been datamined; interesting.

https://streamable.com/t/kdvbt
Seems mildly confusing.

I get the basic premise, the goal is to get the rocket within 20 pts to the enemy base. I guess the direction the rocket flies is based on the direction it is inked, the distance based on how fast it is inked. The entire journey must be done in one continuous push or the rocket will be reset to the center of the map.

Now that part that I wondering about is the additional weapon. It seems the pickup weapon is there purely to give one team the advantage in a push.

This mode is a lot more strange than the others that's for sure. It's another tug of war game like Tower Control and Rainmaker. There isn't a track, but you don't carry the objective, you must manipulate it by the way you ink it, and then there's also an additional weapon thrown into the mix.

Very strange.

Reactions: the

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Seems mildly confusing.

I get the basic premise, the goal is to get the rocket within 20 pts to the enemy base. I guess the direction the rocket flies is based on the direction it is inked, the distance based on how fast it is inked. The entire journey must be done in one continuous push or the rocket will be reset to the center of the map.

Now that part that I wondering about is the additional weapon. It seems the pickup weapon is there purely to give one team the advantage in a push.

This mode is a lot more strange than the others that's for sure. It's another tug of war game like Tower Control and Rainmaker. There isn't a track, but you don't carry the objective, you must manipulate it by the way you ink it, and then there's also an additional weapon thrown into the mix.

Very strange.
Basically Rainmaker but with a twist

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The mode could be fun, but is there really a need for more modes, I wonder.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I guess the direction the rocket flies is based on the direction it is inked
I'm guessing there's a set path where the Rocket will just drop. Based on the amount of time it took of course.

At any rate, I'll judge it when I play it, but it's getting to a point where any given ranked mode is only available 20% of the time. They have got to make two modes available at one time or something because that's just bad.

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
Woah, the file name "rocket" was datamined way back before we even knew clam blitz existed, so I thought that was the file name for CB. I guess I thought the power clams were the rocket the name was referring to.

Anyway, this mode seems a bit complicated. Not as complicated as clam blitz, but more complicated than rainmaker. I think if people just focus on shooting the rocket when they need to they'll be fine. Getting in position will be the tricky part.

Also, special delivery anyone?

At any rate, I'll judge it when I play it, but it's getting to a point where any given ranked mode is only available 20% of the time. They have got to make two modes available at one time or something because that's just bad
That's what really worries me. I hope they start doing two at a time. Even if you don't get to choose which mode of the two you'll be playing when choosing ranked it'd be better than waiting an average of 8 hours between two rotations of your favorite mode. They probably wouldn't do that, but I'd still be happier than if they left ranked modes one at a time.

Maybe it's just me, but I think we need more casual modes instead of ranked modes.
So I have this idea. A good portion of shooter games have attack/defend modes, where one team is trying to advance some objective, and the other is trying to prevent them from doing so until the timer runs out. It would be really cool if splatoon 2 had some of these modes, and they'd have to be casual modes because it would be impossible to balance them perfectly. Instead of replacing turf war in rotation, they'd hrotationr own attack/defend rotation since maps would probably have to be designed specifically for attack/defend modes. They could have capture points where the attacking team has to shoot a series of markers to get to the end. They could also have an attack/defend tower mode. There are a ton of possibilities with this. Just an idea.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Woah, the file name "rocket" was datamined way back before we even knew clam blitz existed, so I thought that was the file name for CB. I guess I thought the power clams were the rocket the name was referring to.

Anyway, this mode seems a bit complicated. Not as complicated as clam blitz, but more complicated than rainmaker. I think if people just focus on shooting the rocket when they need to they'll be fine. Getting in position will be the tricky part.

Also, special delivery anyone?

That's what really worries me. I hope they start doing two at a time. Even if you don't get to choose which mode of the two you'll be playing when choosing ranked it'd be better than waiting an average of 8 hours between two rotations of your favorite mode. They probably wouldn't do that, but I'd still be happier than if they left ranked modes one at a time.

So I have this idea. A good portion of shooter games have attack/defend modes, where one team is trying to advance some objective, and the other is trying to prevent them from doing so until the timer runs out. It would be really cool if splatoon 2 had some of these modes, and they'd have to be casual modes because it would be impossible to balance them perfectly. Instead of replacing turf war in rotation, they'd hrotationr own attack/defend rotation since maps would probably have to be designed specifically for attack/defend modes. They could have capture points where the attacking team has to shoot a series of markers to get to the end. They could also have an attack/defend tower mode. There are a ton of possibilities with this. Just an idea.
..........................................................................................................................welll ok then

Maybe it's just me, but I think we need more casual modes instead of ranked modes.
Honestly I do actually have a few fun ideas for a casual mode, turn on items....:p
Though in all seriousness it would be cool to have a
Turf war customization (where you can change staats for eaxh weapon)
For example imagine a turf war match where weapons are random assigned
where you can pick up grizzco weapons and play them in a match for a short period of time in the game

Though I do prefer ranked a lot more it wouldbe nice to see the what the community can do with a little more (*cough* legal) creative freedom

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
*sees Rocket Mode posts*

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT???!!!
I leave this forum for a few days and when I come back, there’s a new ranked mode...?! Can’t I leave for two minutes without amazing new content being discovered?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom