Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm not yet too convinced the Tenta Missle buff makes that much of a difference. I will need more time with it, but so far it hasn't really made any difference for me either on the offensive or receiving end.
idk about you guys but i liked both their outfits from the octo expansion and i am curious to see how they look on my octoling/inkling boy xD
They look awesome, by far the best looking amiibo sets. But in the case of Pearl's set (my favorite of the two), it's just not usable outside of the shoes. Which is the lamest gear.

I wouldn't ever buy an amiibo solely for any in-game rewards, but it's still lame if it turns out like this.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I'm not yet too convinced the Tenta Missle buff makes that much of a difference. I will need more time with it, but so far it hasn't really made any difference for me either on the offensive or receiving end.
I mean the change to Tenta Missiles is mainly so it retains a consistent amount of usefulness regardless of the number of targets. Now that it fires a minimum 10 missiles against 1 and 2 targets, this is super useful in the event you only can target one person. 10 missiles is a lot more splash hitboxes to deal with, so the likelihood that a target will either get splatted or at least come out with some damage is significantly higher.

If used on 3 or 4 targets, it is practically unchanged. The change was mainly to boost the weapon's effectiveness in low enemy density situations.

While this is also in part due to people maybe not being quite used to the number of missiles. A few matches I did after the patch came up, I was able to use the full 10 missiles on one person, and that kind of pressure really does work.

LittleMissEevee

Inkling
NNID
Silverfury
Switch Friend Code
SW-5003-6584-4623
Is anyone noticing just how many chargers there are these days, its starting to feel like splat 1, I keep getting paired with or against multiple chargers, and lockdowns are becoming more and more prevalant in turf its getting old and rather unfun

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Undercover buff seems excessive
I genuinely feel like you're the only person I've spoken to that actually thinks the Undercover was okay the way it was. The draw of it was that the canopy was essentially an extended health bar, but once that was gone, you had to wait ages before it was safe to get into another firefight, and more often than not you end up dead quickly because of it due to its pitiful damage. This both cuts the middleman and also rewards players for surviving fights, which I think is a great way to boost the weapon.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
From my experience, the shield's HP and the weapon's strength balances out pretty well. It's only a little weaker than the Splat Brella, while giving you a 200hp shield you can hold up while shooting in return. I think that's a fair trade-off.

I never considered the shield too weak and both the vanilla and the Sorella's subs can provide some good distractions while battling and both come with a panic button. It's a weapon I feel I perform pretty good with. Insta-repair seems a bit much to me. It'll make battling 2 opponents a bit easy.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
From my experience, the shield's HP and the weapon's strength balances out pretty well. It's only a little weaker than the Splat Brella, while giving you a 200hp shield you can hold up while shooting in return. I think that's a fair trade-off.

I never considered the shield too weak and both the vanilla and the Sorella's subs can provide some good distractions while battling and both come with a panic button. It's a weapon I feel I perform pretty good with. Insta-repair seems a bit much to me. It'll make battling 2 opponents a bit easy.
The weapon was fine as a 1v1 weapon, the shield serviceable to defend you long enough to get the kill, but that's kind of the problem.

It is only really good as a 1v1 weapon. It's relatively slow at splatting and is very mediocre without its shield, it basically relies on its shield to be competent. Having the shield regen after a successful kill both allows the weapon to be ready when another enemies comes up or allows it to move on to the next opponent in a 2v1.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233

I did main this weapon for quite some time, and I will say it had quite a few gapping holes, the shield buff though I do feel was needed
Alot of time going into a 2v1 1 player will toss a bomb and instantly destroy the shield (or a charger to fire at your shield) allowing their ally to take you out and even if you did beat ther friend you got an enemy who is optimally positioned to take you on with no shield to defend yourself.

Again the strafing speed out of shield did give you a slight advantage but again it is a nearly unwinnable situation.

Plus this does encourage a more assassin style gameplay taking out their target and quickly move on to the next target

I do feel it would been better to buff the consistency of it's shots but this is a pretty good buff imo.

Mata

Inkling
I really hate when other player dissconect,and when I meet hackers!!When Nintendo start Online service,I really hope they will upgrade their servers and that problem will be past!!

Mata

Inkling
Splatoon servers are really poor!!!!!!!!!I win the match,and get 0 point beacouse error,hahahahahaha...servers are really joke!!!Hahahahaha....!!!!!!!!

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Splatoon servers are really poor!!!!!!!!!I win the match,and get 0 point beacouse error,hahahahahaha...servers are really joke!!!Hahahahaha....!!!!!!!!
There are no servers. It's peer to peer. If you disconnect from a match, 9/10 time it's your own fault.

Mata

Inkling
I can not play 2-3 fer games!!!!Always loseing my players from game....Match is like 2 on 4,3 on 4,....

Last edited:

Mata

Inkling
I just meet hacker...nobody have triangle bombs,and this guy drops 3 at the time,and so on....very sad,great game with bad playes...

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Happy one-year being addicted to Splatoon 2 and getting nothing else done, gaming-wise. Here's to another year of ignoring an ever growing backlog in favor of upgrading the billionth piece of gear.
I just meet hacker...nobody have triangle bombs,and this guy drops 3 at the time,and so on....very sad,great game with bad playes...
Sounds like you ran into someone with the Bomb Rush special. Hackers aren't as prevalent as you think.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Like @MINKUKEL said, they're probably just using the Splat-Bomb Launcher special.

Unlike in Splatoon 1, bomb rush specials aren't tied to sub weapons. If the player was using either the Flingza Roller, Rapid Blaster, Sloshing Machine Neo, or Sorella Brella, they have the Splat-Bomb Launcher as their special despite their sub weapons being Splash Wall, Ink Mine, Point Sensor, and Autobomb respectively.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
A hacker got their hands on the Bloblobber early:

Apparently it has Inkstorm not Inkjet, which is still fine, but there's already a Slosher with Inkstorm while still none with Inkjet. Also each hit does 30 dmg as expected, there doesn't appear to be fall-off dmg, appears to have a range of roughly 4 lines, and it's movement/attack speed seem decent. Overall seems pretty solid, can't wait until next week!

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
A hacker got their hands on the Bloblobber early:
From the same guy, he did upload a video of what may be properties for unreleased weapons.

I say may be because the channel has only started posting stuff recently and among them are some miscellaneous other hacks. So the possibility for them not being legit is there.

Though given some of these weapon's properties, they do seem like they could be legit and something that the Splatoon devs would make. Honestly, they're all more of less balanced-ish.

Video:

Basic run through of each weapon.
  • So a mid ranged slow 1HKO Shooter.
  • A short ranged 3direct/4indirect 3 shot Nozzlenose type Blaster.
  • A slow attacking Roller with a long ranged horizontal flick but mid range vertical flick that has super good strafing speed. Slow rolling speed.
  • An average Roller that trades its long vertical flick for a faster flick with similar spread to its horizontal flick. But due to its increased speed is a solid 2HKO.
  • A slow long ranged 3HKO Brush.
  • What basically is an unscoped E-liter 4K Scope with a slightly longer charge time. With scoped variant with slightly more range.
  • An instant charge 3HKO short ranged Charger. Essentially an even faster but shorter ranged Bamboozler, that can store charge?
  • What can be essentially described as the Aerospray of Dualies. Short ranged, fast firing, 5HKO. But does have a crazy long but slow dodge roll.
  • To the other extreme, Jet Squelcher ranged Dualies that is a 3HKO but suffers terrible accuracy for its range. Dodge rolling fires a single 1HKO shot.
  • A super long ranged Brella. That's about it, I guess the spray spreads out faster so you're less likely to deal max damage at range. Also, super fast canopy.
  • To the opposite side, the slow, short ranged 1HKO Brella. Can hold its Brella like a shield as long as you have ink and probably isn't fragile like the Undercover and is not auto fire like the Undercover.

Last edited:

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
I̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶?̶!̶ T H O T S on the current test weapons:
{Meta cancer incoming} this feels both disgusting and unnecessary; we already have blasters that fill that general niche. And having a weapon that can literally Insta-kill would make every blaster it out ranges obsolete, perhaps with the exception of the rapids but they got nerfed so...
{L3 wannabe blaster} This is a neat concept, but I feel as though the Clash would overshadow this thing aside for it's painting, which is probably it's only redeeming factor against other weapons.
{Both rollers} The strafing on the long range roller is mind bending, really. I feel as though, however that it could borrow from the short ranged roller's incredible roll speed to make it a roller with viable rolling because the short ranged roller looks like a depressed Carbon.
{Squelcher Brush} Yet another neat concept for a weapon that'll probably just end up like the short roller, previously.
{E liter} Honestly, I just hope that these are actual buffs for the E liter rather than an entirely new weapon.
{Bamboozler rip-off} I think this is a concept that might work to make it a decent weapon, with a few tweaks. Giving it an Instant charge would compensate for it's awful range and power or, relegate it to it's tap range and give it a one shot-insta kill charge.
{Steroid Dapples} IMO the dodge roll on these things looks to be like it's Achilles heel and most broken aspect, it'll probably be bad on smaller, obstacle laden paths but I think it'll be a monster on large maps like Ppit.
{Better Gloogas} This feels like a more feasible one shot shooter. The main weapon itself is held back by it's awful accuracy and ink consumption, but I think the one shot post roll thing balances it out.
{Both Brellas} The long range Brella is literally just a longer ranged Splat brella with mildly slower shot time and strafing. The short ranged brella looks about as sad as the Tenta when it launched l̶o̶l̶. Slow shot time and strafing do not compensate for this weapon's low range and incredible power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom