• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Direct

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
i really dont wanna get my hopes up for a demo

but if there is a demo im going to **** a brick like i just ate an entire box of fiber one brownies

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
im sure there wont be a demo, but damn would i love to be proven wrong about that is all im sayin

Undr

im sure there wont be a demo, but damn would i love to be proven wrong about that is all im sayin
Nintendo doesn't have a huge history of releasing demos. And when they do it's usually of games already released. But the wording of the tweet is alluring to say the least.

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
I wasn't really counting on there being a demo at first, but after seeing that tweet....

their PR/marketing team can't be so blind to not realize that many people will interpret their message as a hint for a demo

or they are fully aware of it and are just trolling the pants off of us

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
Nintendo doesn't have a huge history of releasing demos. And when they do it's usually of games already released. But the wording of the tweet is alluring to say the least.
evidence in favor of a demo is usually that they try demos for games they expect to do well or want publicity for, like smash 3DS, MH4U and codename S.T.E.A.M.

however, all of those games have 2 things in common: being on the 3ds, and being developed by outside studios (sora & namco, capcom, and intelligent systems)

i think nintendo might just do demos on the 3DS because it's their best performing system currently being sold and most of their userbase is on there

i do WANT for a splatoon demo, and nintendo sure is being cheeky about it, it's just that it's probably not going to happen...

Ameise

Inkling
NNID
SandanTrainer
I, too hope for a Demo. It would just be so great!

But what makes me giggle is: I can imagine them saying in the direct: "Now lets take a look at a new way of communicating with your teammates" and everyone who was whining because of VC will wet their pants. Then they will go on and show that you can create custom messages for the D pad xD hilarious

Setnaro X

Full Squid
We're almost there. HYPE.

Actually. No. Don't hype it. Think about the worse possible outcome this Direct will give us, like the Xenoblade Chronicles X from last time. We can't set ourselves up for disappointment.

>5 minutes of information we already know
>1 hour of gameplay footage from the Treehouse folks on the same maps we already know
>Game will be delayed ("STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFO AT E3!")

There we go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom