• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon hot takes

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
Getting to the main point of the thread though, I don't think Tri-Slosher needs changes. I know that in general it's very annoying to fight but that's the point of the weapon. It's extremely good up close but it can't get in for free, especially because it's not very mobile compared to other short ranged weapons so it's very reliant on having paint control and a bomb for it's kit which it only has for nTri but that kit in general plays more supportive because of Cooler. The only change I would be okay with is a slight range nerf but that's it. It already struggles fighting midline weapons so it needs to shark when dealing with something like Machine or RB.

BeckyXP

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her
Chargers suck because you have to wait for it to charge.

Yosi Spring

Pro Squid
The solution to Tri-Slosher is to make the left and right sloshes do something like 46 damage. With a compensatory buff to something.
A similar solution can be used for the Clash Blaster; damage falling off to as low as 22.5 at the edge of its blast radius, 75 damage directs.
Octobrush, however; it really just needs a narrower field of attack.
Nintendo hire this man!

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
Definitely agree that shooters shouldn't be weak. It's good to have them around since they can make up for weaknesses of other weapon classes.
My big issue is that the devs are extremely easy on shooters, regardless if they're meta or not. Splash got to stay 200 the whole time Crab was the best special and it only got one small nerf to it's painting range. A lot of shooter pfs were also decreased after the game came out so now we have 180p vJet which does have Vac so it's not the worst but I don't think any shooter should be below 190p and I still think 190p is too low for how well most of them paint.
I really just think that special spam is probably their biggest issue and it's also the easiest to fix but the devs just don't? The example I use the most for this is Ttek being 190p while Slosher is 200p and paints much worse while being less mobile.
Devs read this and decided to double down. I honestly can't believe N-Zap '89 being 170p is in the same game where Machine is 220p.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Despite all the concerns about the meta and weapons and kits etc., I feel it's the problems on the backend that hurt this game the most. I could live with so many other issues if the matchmaking and netcode were improved.

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
point sensor and angle shooter are really useful, they're amongst my favorite subs

joe???

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4284-1031-3060
cooler should not be touched at all and splat zones only should be the overwhelming majority of tournaments

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Splat Zones is the worst ranked mode, and Clam Blitz is the best, especially now that Kraken cheese is fixed.

Tri-Zooka is worse than Sting Ray was in Splatoon 2.

The Nozzlenoses should be the best weapons in the shooter class.

No bomb should deal lethal damage.

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
I need to confess
I like Marooner's Bay. I think it feels unique, the elevators are fun, I love how you can use fish sticks and slamming lids to get back on the boat now. Egg throwing is fun on it too.

Yes, I'll get on the pillory, just put me down quietly, I won't resist

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I need to confess
I like Marooner's Bay. I think it feels unique, the elevators are fun, I love how you can use fish sticks and slamming lids to get back on the boat now. Egg throwing is fun on it too.

Yes, I'll get on the pillory, just put me down quietly, I won't resist
We have found the Employee of the Month.
I mostly agree with you. It is the worst Salmon Run map, but only because of High Tide and Rush. It's a fun challenge in other modes.

Beckett.

Senior Squid
zones is the worst mode. it has the play style of "just play around mid the whole time" and doesn't allow for much use of the map outside of mid. The objective is stationary, and it favors weapons with good paint, which restricts weapon choices even more. it is also a lot more clumped together, and it is harder to use good strategies because theres not enough of the map to use and it leads to everyone just running in and dying because its just one big fight in mid. also even when the defending team is wiped out, the objective still ticks down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom