• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Spyke's nightly escapades (or: the ordering system)

Kryzz

Full Squid
NNID
Valdraya
Well like i said i'm not sure why you are bringing this point up all of a sudden, when a few posts back an explanation has been posted that already proves that levels or rank don't matter.

So assuming that the Japanese wiki is correct, my OP is not.

Not sure why you would need a picture in that case, but maybe i'm just not understanding your correctly or something? I am pretty sure though that at the moment i posted that it was considered a known fact.
You said it's a known fact that ordering gear from higher level players gives you more chance of getting the abilities you ordered, now you're saying that the levels [of the people you're ordering from] don't matter? In other words, it's not that the situation has changed, it just wasn't fact in the first place, just a false assumption. You should update the OP then because it's really misleading and confusing with the other information we have from the Japanese site

Njok

Bouncer
You said it's a known fact that ordering gear from higher level players gives you more chance of getting the abilities you ordered, now you're saying that the levels [of the people you're ordering from] don't matter? In other words, it's not that the situation has changed, it just wasn't fact in the first place, just a false assumption. You should update the OP then because it's really misleading and confusing with the other information we have from the Japanese site
Sigh.

This is why i replied to you like that in the first place because i expected you were trying to get to that. Fact is that i (and others) assumed that to be a known fact and yes it's wrong, as i've now already said twice. But once again that was a good while ago and the whole gamefaqs post explains it loud and clear.

You had to come and point out that i was wrong about that, good for you! Now can we get back on topic instead of making another thread go wasted? I will at some point update the OP when i get around to it. I honestly just expected people to read the new posts instead of the whole thread and than updating the OP wouldn't add that much. But i guess i was wrong (i should not make a habit out of that).

Edit: Also i can't quite remember how i got this info, but i am still pretty sure i read it either in game or in a post here somewhere, so it might very well be the case that this was originally the case but has changed. You claiming that i made a false assumption is also something you can't back up at all.

Kryzz

Full Squid
NNID
Valdraya
Sigh.

This is why i replied to you like that in the first place because i expected you were trying to get to that. Fact is that i (and others) assumed that to be a known fact and yes it's wrong, as i've now already said twice. But once again that was a good while ago and the whole gamefaqs post explains it loud and clear.

You had to come and point out that i was wrong about that, good for you! Now can we get back on topic instead of making another thread go wasted? I will at some point update the OP when i get around to it. I honestly just expected people to read the new posts instead of the whole thread and than updating the OP wouldn't add that much. But i guess i was wrong (i should not make a habit out of that).
Hey don't try to make me out to be some villain here, you posted something as a fact that wasn't and now you're getting at me for correcting you when I have other people's interests in mind. I was mislead by that post at first and that's why I replied to try to get some clarity. You seem to just be taking it as some sort of personal threat. Anyway, I assume it'll be corrected and let's leave it there

Njok

Bouncer
Hey don't try to make me out to be some villain here, you posted something as a fact that wasn't and now you're getting at me for correcting you when I have other people's interests in mind. I was mislead by that post at first and that's why I replied to try to get some clarity. You seem to just be taking it as some sort of personal threat. Anyway, I assume it'll be corrected and let's leave it there
Fine i put something under the facts that turns out is not the case. I thought i was at the moment of posting it and they either changed it or i made a mistake (you don't know this either so please stop pointing fingers, thank you).

You could have left it when i already admitted in my second reply to you that some of the info in the OP was wrong, but instead made a point out of it to call me out for misleading people. Dude, that was not my intention so stop making a big deal out of it because with the new info it simply doesn't matter anymore.

Also please pm me if you feel the need to continue this discussion because it's besides the point of the thread and by now the actual information has sank to page 2 of the thread.

If anyone else feels mislead; i am sorry and i promise i'll get around to updating the OP tonight.

Edit: I shouldn't even have bothered to look it up but oh well, just so you know i did not try to mislead you or tell you lies, it comes from the wiki and i read it here. I left out the username of the quote only to make sure you are not going to attack him next.

From the wiki: "Spyke has the chance to get the same abilities as the original wearer on the clothing you ordered. This chance goes up with the player's level, and the more abilities that the item has, the more expensive it is. Even if no additional abilities are obtained, the item's price is still increased."
And apparently this has been changed suggesting it's your level that matters, which was a translation issue at first i would guess: http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Spyke

Last edited:

Njok

Bouncer
I took that info from the wiki, as i wrote in the post above you. It may or may not have been wrong and it may or may not have changed after that. Anyway i really don't see why this has become the subject of this thread all of a sudden but fine. Also, i already deleted it from the OP earlier today.

OP is now completely updated with the info that we have now. Please do read the disclaimer everyone. I do not guarantee that the Japanese wiki is correct. But it is so far the only thing that explains anything.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Speaking of ordering, you can actually save a good sum of cash by buying a 1 star item with 2 abilities. You only pay 20000, which saves you 10000 bucks from adding a slot normally and the initial item price, and, if you ordered a good piece of gear, you have a good chance for getting a good set.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but once you get to level 50 Spyke will guarantee you what you order.

KeebyKakes

Senior Squid
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but once you get to level 50 Spyke will guarantee you what you order.
I've heard this from a lot of people, but is it really true? I haven't seen any proof of this, but there are already Lvl. 50s out there so I assume their input would confirm it. If so, that's a better reward than any of the previous level unlocks :P

Sol64

I've heard this from a lot of people, but is it really true? I haven't seen any proof of this, but there are already Lvl. 50s out there so I assume their input would confirm it. If so, that's a better reward than any of the previous level unlocks :p
Yeah, I have a source and he says that it's true. I also have a level 50 added (but not sure if he speaks english). But yeah, until more level 50's pop up, we won't have widespread evidence.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
That's really interesting - the situation would then tally with what we took to be misinformation in the guide.

Njok

Bouncer
That would be awesome and actually make a lot of sense. Before the japanese wiki i hoped it would work like that, but then the wiki mentioned nothing about it (or it was lost in translation)

I will wait for confirmation before adding it to the OP but thanks for bringing this up!

Any level 50's here on the forums yet?

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
Yeah, I have a source and he says that it's true. I also have a level 50 added (but not sure if he speaks english). But yeah, until more level 50's pop up, we won't have widespread evidence.
No offense, but I'd like to see video of this in action before making any assumptions. I know I've seen this suggested as something Nintendo should add as a reward (here, for instance: https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/3ers3k/will_they_add_a_reason_to_get_to_level_50/), but it also strikes me as the sort of thing that a jerk "friend" might make up just to mess with you.

Sol64

No offense, but I'd like to see video of this in action before making any assumptions. I know I've seen this suggested as something Nintendo should add as a reward (here, for instance: https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/3ers3k/will_they_add_a_reason_to_get_to_level_50/), but it also strikes me as the sort of thing that a jerk "friend" might make up just to mess with you.
Yeah, I'm still holding back a bit.

I know @Agosta44 is at level 49 so he's the best person to ask for this.

1o2

Inkling Cadet
Has anyone confirmed whether or not level 50s always get exactly what they ordered?

Njok

Bouncer
Sadly it's not the case. A friend of mine reached level 50 and still got only 1 sub on his order.

It would have been so nice :(

1o2

Inkling Cadet
That's unfortunate, Spyke really should've given you something new for being level 50. The only reward worth using from Judd is the Octoshot.

KeebyKakes

Senior Squid
That's unfortunate, Spyke really should've given you something new for being level 50. The only reward worth using from Judd is the Octoshot.
That's true. The Octoshot is the only reward I really care about (haven't bought the Tentatek and now never will) and even then it's just a reskin...shows how lame the rewards are. (Although the Armor Helmet Replica is pretty good too.)

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Sadly it's not the case. A friend of mine reached level 50 and still got only 1 sub on his order.

It would have been so nice :(
Ehm, no? Sure it would be nice for the people who actually got there, but leveling takes very long and it would be rather unfair to players who don't have that much time to spend on playing the game.

A reward would be cool, though, but it shouldn't be mandatory to get good gear. Maybe a super-super-sea-snail to select all sub abilities freely on ONE single piece of equipment, kinda like the master ball of Splatoon? I'd dig that :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom