• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Squidboards Suggestion Thread

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
I'm unsure if this has been considered already but clans are on the rise, and I think a feature on the site that implements this would be a great idea. Displaying a members clan somewhere underneath their name would be the most basic execution, but if you want to go further there could be small private forums for individual clans to discuss clan-image and tactics away from other clans, clan-made graphics displayed under their username, a clan leaderboard.

Of course some clans could just make private forums to discuss clan matters, but a feature like this will keep the activity focused here on Squidboards and will encourage a healthy competitive community.
This basically sounds like Social Groups on Smashboards, it would be a neat addition.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
I know implementing something like I suggested isn't easy and would take time, but for the sake of everyone who has OCD and my OCD-less sanity, can we please make a statement about WHERE people should be putting their Squad threads? I'm seeing them in every single Splatoon related section.

CoopLan

Squid Streamer
NNID
LanceHS
An in site tournament system would be fantastic. On the forum for Wizard101, the bracket system for tournaments was on the forum itself and made checking them and keeping up to date with who won past tournaments and such. It made it a lot easier on us who were on the PvP staff and the community as a whole.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Is there anything possible we could do to encourage using the search function before making threads? I swear I've seen at least 20 threads just recreated other threads, some even of my threads.

I've seen some people even argue their thread is different because they added a poll even though their thread is literally the same topic but there's not much to be done about that other than locking threads, I suppose.

Basically anything to encourage making sure threads don't already exist before creating them would be greatly appreciated. :)

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
Is there anything possible we could do to encourage using the search function before making threads? I swear I've seen at least 20 threads just recreated other threads, some even of my threads.

I've seen some people even argue their thread is different because they added a poll even though their thread is literally the same topic but there's not much to be done about that other than locking threads, I suppose.

Basically anything to encourage making sure threads don't already exist before creating them would be greatly appreciated. :)
Either way, people not making duplicate threads requires a lot of responsibility on the part of everyone. The best real incentive I can think of that would make people want to use the search feature is to give some kind of "bonus points" to users for every unique search. What these bonus points would do I'm not sure, but they could perhaps count toward buttons or premium features. Anyhow, I kind of doubt whether that would even be feasible.

In short, good luck getting people to follow directions.

Reactions: Lyn

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
I reckon we need a Squad Board for people to start Squads properly in. Right now, Squads are just mixed in with General and Multiplayer.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy

I think the best way to implement this is by having something look up similar titles after you type in the thread's title, that suggests other threads underneath the title box. Of course, that may be difficult to program, but it worked well on another forum I used to work at.

Last edited:

BoTalksGames

Pro Squid
Content Team
NNID
BjFauble

I accidentally made a duplicate thread once and for that I apologize. Really the only way to counter duplicate threads is moderators which thankfully we'll be getting some of soon. People aren't going to learn to search.

Reactions: Lyn

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
-Recent posts on the right toolbar
-Dedicated section for team threads
-Alerts added to flavicon. There's a Xenforo mod for it
-Added tab with stream support. We had purchased a mod for MKBoards and it was worth every penny

BETTER SKINS PLEASE THEY KILL MY EYES. Stuck on dark skin because everything else is terrible. i get the theme but it hurts.

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
may have been suggested already but maybe the NNID in the postbit can open a new link to the users Miiverse profile also yall could add Squad to the postbit so users can put which one their in there kinda like how MKBoards has it with "Team"

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Are we getting a section dedicated to user made content? I feel like that's a must
Yeah, I've seen a lot of art already in just one thread. I'm sure other people would like to post galleries for signatures and other digital art, writing or something else. Not sure.

A 'Forum Games' type section separate from The Crispy Calamari would be appreciated too. It's relatively overflowing with threads and it's a pretty mixed bag of content. Though if you add that, I'd recommend post count not increasing there for obvious reasons.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
I feel like;
Game talk
Forum games
Serious discussion
Off topic

are pretty vital for a starting point non-Splatoon subboard. I feel we can take our time to build from there as it'll be a good base as opposed to everything non-splatoon all in one cramped section.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm going to also vouch for a user generated content section. I really don't think all the montages, funny videos, etc, I keep seeing should be in the Splatoon general discussion thread. Especially since there is usually barely anything to discuss about it.

WispBae

Pro Squid
NNID
The-Wispy
I'd quite like small badges, like Smashboards, for various things.

Maybe like favorite weapons, or winner of certain national Splatfests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom