• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidboards Suggestion Thread

Setu

The addition that I think would be most important would be a way to show/access twitch streams quickly. For example:

Would be very nice to have by the time the game releases.

Last edited:

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
The addition that I think would be most important would be a way to show/access twitch streams quickly. For example:

Would be very nice to have by the time the game releases.
Nice use of adblock.

Jellykun

Senior Squid
NNID
Jellykun
I think a really good idea would be to seperate the "Clans/Squads" from everything else and have their own section, as I assume a ton of "Clans/Squads" will pop up, otherwise The Crispy Calamari will be full of "Clans/Squads" instead of regular general stuff and threads.

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
I think a really good idea would be to seperate the "Clans/Squads" from everything else and have their own section, as I assume a ton of "Clans/Squads" will pop up, otherwise The Crispy Calamari will be full of "Clans/Squads" instead of regular general stuff and threads.
This. The current forum looks like a disorganized mess. It's a team based shooter, so naturally there are going to be many different teams to choose from. They need their own dedicated section, otherwise newcomers to the forum aren't going to know where to look. Hell, even I don't know where to look.

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
Also, I'd like to be able change my font type and text color without having to do it every time I make a post. It's a pretty standard feature, really.

Jellykun

Senior Squid
NNID
Jellykun
Another good idea which I just discussed a bit with the friendo above me aswell:

Being able to change the color and/or font you type and have it stay that way.
As in just the same as the shoutbox, but also just for outside of it as in posting in threads.
AKA what just was stated above me.

Wario Bros.

Full Squid
NNID
WarioBrose
Not really a suggestion but I do have a problem: For some darn reason, this thread is the only place on SquidBoards that posting a reply will not work on FireFox and forcing to use the terrible Internet Explorer to get the post through.

Why is this the case?

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
>The swear censor should be beefed up if you really want it to work. Some pretty common stuff gets past it. http://prntscr.com/762lf9 A few more dark skins would be nice as well, as the light ones all strain my eyes.

>Linking the NNID on the profile sidebar that appears on posts to the miiverse website like others have said.

>Also I'll echo Jelly and Toadster, a separate clan/team section is a must. Right now it's pretty hard to find team threads that you would like to join.

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
I think as we continue to grow it would be a good idea to add a separate some of the ideas in the crispy calamari. Even now threads I'm interested are getting bumped out of the way by forum games and other topics I'm not too interested in. Something like a Gaming section, Forum Games (probably with post count disabled). Would be a great start to help people quickly find discussions they want to be a part of.
I'd also like to see a fan/creative section where people can share their artwork crafts and stories YouTube videos, ect. And get feed back from other like minded artists. I think Splatoon is going to draw a lot of creatives which naturally means we will as well.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Today's update has implemented new boards. We also have something in the works for teams/squads coming in the very near future. We apologize for the disorganization currently.

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
Today's update has implemented new boards. We also have something in the works for teams/squads coming in the very near future. We apologize for the disorganization currently.
Its awesome how quickly you are making meaningful changes to the boards! Keep up the good work Rapture!

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
A status bar with user's latest statuses and a 'recent topics posted in' bar on one of the sides (I guess the left since now that's empty) would be nice. They're a mainstay of a few forums I've been a part of, and they've always gotten more people into topics and more people to pay attention and chat on statuses. If you do so though, I recommend not letting spam threads (game threads for example) or squad threads show up on them as a general rule, because people looking for that stuff will tend to go straight to it anyway and it just pushes the general stuff down.

note, both of these things I've noticed only on forum.(forumname).com websites. so if that's something that only happens on those sorts of forums, then I was unaware. But otherwise it would be nice.

Dubs

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dubspwns
Not sure if this is the place - but the mobile site keeps logging me out when I use it. It gets kind of annoying. I'd like to see better browsing experience on mobile. Maybe even improve the Shoutbox for phones? I usually just use Chrome on my phone (Android 5.0.1) but maybe there is an app I don't have that will make it better?

Thanks! Loving the site!

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So one very important thing I think we need to start implementing in the gear section is either individual weapons boards, (similar to character boards on smashboards), or just a subsection that has a thread for all the main weapons.

With the former, people have a lot more options with discussing it...but at the same time they are just guns, so what is there really to talk about? It could easily be a waste of time to make. Having a subsection for having a main analysis/discussion thread for each of the weapon could also work and is probably the best option as limiting as it can be.

We need all this of course because people are going to want to know more about an individual weapon, so it is key that people can easily navigate to find it.

We also need the same thing with maps, though a character board type deal is out of the question for that. I already made a couple of specific map threads for it myself, though it is possible they could be better.

I think preventing people from posting new threads in these suggested subsections would be key if you are able to do that.

Kosaki

Pro Squid
NNID
Kosaki-0
I agree. Clans need a hub where they can promote themselves and organize wars in a convenient way by easily finding other clans to compete with.
Maybe we should also introduce a ladder / league system, but that might be too much and too soon to consider right now.

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
Adding weapon icons similar to the character main icons on Smashboards would be pretty cool. I went ahead and did all the work for you :)

Rapid Shot:
Splattershot
Splattershot.Jr
Splattershot Pro
.52 Gal
.96 Gal
Aerospray
Blaster
Jet Squelcher
Rapid Blaster
Melee:
Roller
Dynamo Roller
Paintbrush
Charge:
Charge Shot
Splatterscope
Squiffer
E-liter

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Adding weapon icons similar to the character main icons on Smashboards would be pretty cool. I went ahead and did all the work for you :)

Rapid Shot:
Splattershot
Splattershot.Jr
Splattershot Pro
.52 Gal
.96 Gal
Aerospray
Blaster
Jet Squelcher
Rapid Blaster
Melee:
Roller
Dynamo Roller
Paintbrush
Charge:
Charge Shot
Splatterscope
Squiffer
E-liter
Oh, wow.

I didn't think of this. Hopefully, they'll maybe add stages too.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory

Rapid Shot:
Splattershot
Splattershot.Jr
Splattershot Pro
.52 Gal
.96 Gal
Aerospray
Blaster
Jet Squelcher
Rapid Blaster
Melee:
Roller
Dynamo Roller
Paintbrush
Charge:
Charge Shot
Splatterscope
Squiffer
E-liter
Now this is cool. Mini icons like your Smash mains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom