Super Mario Maker

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@Ink Gunner Emily Holy carp I haven't seen the Sonic OVA in ages! Thanks for sharing that!

@ILikeKirbys I kinda figured there was new faces to Mario since there hasn't been a new Mario side-scroller game on the Wii U since New Super Mario Bros U back in 2012 and I assume some new people bought this one on the promise that there's an easy to use level editor.

The main reason is had to go back and redo Short Cavern and Castle is to have beginner's courses that anyone can play. Cavern had some odd parts and castle was too hard for a supposed world 1 stage (apparently). I had to limit my creativity just to make really, really easy courses.

Now to make an easy course for a better chance at more stars, you may need to play some courses with a high clear rate (don't play the auto levels, they stink) and get an idea on what the community can deal with easily. Try to go for a lot of ground to move around, not much enemies at all, a low amount of pits, and a generous amount of items (not too generous, you don't want to make an item spam level!). Mix those in a blender and try for a little creativity and you may find yourself with more stars.

Also, thank you for the kind words! It really makes me happy! :)

@SquiliamTentacles I commented on three of your levels but I starred all four of them. I liked them quite a bit. I didn't have a problem with them, but here's some things that may have people skip your levels.

Through the Skies and Airship Invasion: Too long. If people die, and they went through the level for quite awhile they'll skip the level once they start again.
3: If you defeat all the Magikoopas in the last room, the stage is unwinnable and the only thing to do is restart it, people will just skip.
Green Shoe Highlands: You'll need to explain the special abilities of the Giant Goomba Shoe, which can cause a destructive AOE (Area of Effect) if you press down on the D-Pad/Stick in the air. Which clears the final part of the level and lets you beat it.

I personally have no issues with any of them, but some people may. I liked your levels a lot!

Last edited:

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
@SquiliamTentacles I commented on three of your levels but I starred all four of them. I liked them quite a bit. I didn't have a problem with them, but here's some things that may have people skip your levels.

Through the Skies and Airship Invasion: Too long. If people die, and they went through the level for quite awhile they'll skip the level once they start again.
3: If you defeat all the Magikoopas in the last room, the stage is unwinnable and the only thing to do is restart it, people will just skip.
Green Shoe Highlands: You'll need to explain the special abilities of the Giant Goomba Shoe, which can cause a destructive AOE (Area of Effect) if you press down on the D-Pad/Stick in the air. Which clears the final part of the level and lets you beat it.

I personally have no issues with any of them, but some people may. I liked your levels a lot!
Thanks for the feedback!

I know the first two are way too long, they were my first ones and I honestly wanted to cram everything I could in them. I will try to create the rest shorter and easier. On 3, I didn't notice you could kill the Magikoopas, and might adjust it if it becomes a problem. I forgot to add a comment explaining the ground pound but did so now.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
@Ink Gunner Emily Holy carp I haven't seen the Sonic OVA in ages! Thanks for sharing that!
No problem! Also, I am throwing up two new levels to enjoy! I made these just this morning for fun~

Boo's Manson Dash: F2EA-0000-0070-C9BE

A warning with the ghost house, you are on a minute time limit. Get through the level as fast as you can. Use the P switches to your advantage.

Kamaks's Assault: A953-0000-0070-E8A1

The Cape is your best friend. Especially at the end, just before the goal!

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
No problem! Also, I am throwing up two new levels to enjoy! I made these just this morning for fun~

Boo's Manson Dash: F2EA-0000-0070-C9BE

A warning with the ghost house, you are on a minute time limit. Get through the level as fast as you can. Use the P switches to your advantage.

Kamaks's Assault: A953-0000-0070-E8A1

The Cape is your best friend. Especially at the end, just before the goal!
I liked these two levels a LOT. Thank you for the levels. I commented and starred both of them.

@ILikeKirbys I remember playing 3D World/Land and I thought the same thing, the Hammer Bros. are really, really. easy in those games. I don't know how, are they slower? Do they just sit there before finally throwing a hammer? I can't remember and I do remember them being really easy.

Also, my personal wishlist for Mario Maker in the future.

1. Luigi in all themes, he should not be stuck to an amiibo costume when assets for him are available for all four themes. It also brings forth more stages designed for him. And the Weird Mushroom makes Luigi shorter and fatter and gives him Mario physics (but comically) in the SMB1 theme.

2. More backgrounds. Please, can we have Desert, Mountain/Valley, Snow, Ice Cave, and more themes? I would adore to make a winter themed stages (I grew up with snow so I love the ice themes in any Mario games).

3. More enemies, If it means certain enemies are exclusive to certain themes I would love a bigger diversity of enemies for more unique stages. I mean, can I have Spike, or that Punching Ghost from NSMB, or Fuzzies? And Cheep Chomp, where's he?

4. Slopes. Everyone's asking for these Nintendo. It would make levels look nicer and we can make slide based levels with it. It also works in conjunction with shells and many other things. It's almost a no brainer to put this in.

5. Water and Lava tiles ANYWHERE. So many possible levels you can do with these. I have no idea why these aren't in the game, especially since the Mario Maker stage in smash has this but not the actual game?

6. More powerups. These seem inevitable but I would love more powerups. Like SMB3's Tanooki, Frog, and Hammer Suits, and SMW's odd Float Mario powerup, NSMB's powerups like, Shell Mario, Golden Mario, the Flying Squirrel Suit, Ice Flower and the Penguin Suit. And let's go for some new ones too, like Metal Mario who can walk and jump in water environments like a standard level and you can make some interesting levels with that.

Those are what I want aside from the obvious like more amiibo costumes and stuff.

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@Agadez Hey! Nice level. It's tricky, I couldn't figure out the springboard part until a couple of attempts later. I left a comment and a star. Thank you for the level. Now I'll be doing Expert 100 Mario Challenge again and hope I don't get a Animal Crossing costume again. >_>

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
@ILikeKirbys I remember playing 3D World/Land and I thought the same thing, the Hammer Bros. are really, really. easy in those games. I don't know how, are they slower? Do they just sit there before finally throwing a hammer? I can't remember and I do remember them being really easy.
Maybe it's because you can run around them? I dunno, the thought just occurred to me.

Also, my personal wishlist for Mario Maker in the future.

1. Luigi in all themes, he should not be stuck to an amiibo costume when assets for him are available for all four themes. It also brings forth more stages designed for him. And the Weird Mushroom makes Luigi shorter and fatter and gives him Mario physics (but comically) in the SMB1 theme.
This.

2. More backgrounds. Please, can we have Desert, Mountain/Valley, Snow, Ice Cave, and more themes? I would adore to make a winter themed stages (I grew up with snow so I love the ice themes in any Mario games).
Yeah, these would be nice as well.

3. More enemies, If it means certain enemies are exclusive to certain themes I would love a bigger diversity of enemies for more unique stages. I mean, can I have Spike, or that Punching Ghost from NSMB, or Fuzzies? And Cheep Chomp, where's he?
Oh wow, I forgot half of these even existed. But yeah, please Nintendo, this.

4. Slopes. Everyone's asking for these Nintendo. It would make levels look nicer and we can make slide based levels with it. It also works in conjunction with shells and many other things. It's almost a no brainer to put this in.
Yeah, this does seem like an odd omission.

5. Water and Lava tiles ANYWHERE. So many possible levels you can do with these. I have no idea why these aren't in the game, especially since the Mario Maker stage in smash has this but not the actual game?
It's gonna be DLC, callin' it now.

6. More powerups. These seem inevitable but I would love more powerups. Like SMB3's Tanooki, Frog, and Hammer Suits, and SMW's odd Float Mario powerup, NSMB's powerups like, Shell Mario, Golden Mario, the Flying Squirrel Suit, Ice Flower and the Penguin Suit. And let's go for some new ones too, like Metal Mario who can walk and jump in water environments like a standard level and you can make some interesting levels with that.
Yeah, these would be good as well.

Those are what I want aside from the obvious like more amiibo costumes and stuff.
Well, those'll probably come with more amiibo (at least I hope so) as those come out.

As for the levels I've played...

@Ink Gunner Emily
2-4 was tricky, but I liked it! Gave me an idea I'll be toying with tonight/tomorrow as well, so thanks!
Boo's Manson Dash was surprisingly easy. Didn't see any Mansons tho.
Kamak's Assault was also surprisingly simple, though I died a few times. Nice airship level, the SMW Airship was a theme I hadn't seen until now, and it looks nice, so thank you for that. Didn't see any Kamaks, though a Magikoopa got me once.

@Psycho_Wendigo
I gave it a dozen or so shots, then stopped at the walljumping-through-spikes bit. Good level tho.

@SquiliamTentacles
Through The Skies was kinda tricky. Didn't figure out how to beat Lakitu until after I was in the cloud (thought you were supposed to take a hit to walljump off the spike-walls at him).
Airship Invasion made me wish Checkpoints existed. Didn't finish.
3 was alright, personal dislike of Ghost Houses aside.
Green Shoe Highlands... YEEAAAH! /luigi
I liked it, fun Shoe level.

@ThatSquidYouKnow
Shovel Knight level! Nice!

@SkyBlue
Was jumping over the pipe after the fire bars an intentional thing, or not? Because that's how I beat the level.
Nice level, by the way.

Finally, Noire, I took your advice and made a pair of simple levels, pulling Luigi's Hammer Bro Isles and Bowser's Spring Castle to add...
Simple Airship: 2D67-0000-0073-DD1F
I hope that's simple enough.
And...
AutoMario World: C8A1-0000-0074-4FF9

Made while I should've been sleeping.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
@ILikeKirbys If you're talking about my latest level, then no? the um, idk what they're officially called but one way blocks were there to both stop you from falling('cause I was feeling nice) and make it impossible to go that way. So you missed a section of it by not going down the pipe(I bet I forgot to put an arrow pointing down above it)

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@ILikeKirbys AutoMario Time is an auto level. Not much more to say than that other than the fact that you'll probably get more stars from it than you're used to. Now Simple Airship is not bad, It's for beginners. And it's 30 seconds long just like my two beginner courses. Haha well done though the auto level must've taken you a lot to make. I liked the effort put into these two. You'll find them both starred by me when you get back on. :)

EDIT: Got Bowser from 100 Mario Challenge Expert, I'm not even upset. It was a brutal run this time for some reason but Bowser's one of the ones I wanted the most. Well, I'm off too bed.

Last edited:

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
@ILikeKirbys If you're talking about my latest level, then no? the um, idk what they're officially called but one way blocks were there to both stop you from falling('cause I was feeling nice) and make it impossible to go that way. So you missed a section of it by not going down the pipe(I bet I forgot to put an arrow pointing down above it)
Nah, I knew it was there (even went down the pipe), I just thought I could skip it. You could probably make it unskippable by putting an extra one-way-gate. Wasn't sure how to do that part when I first saw it though (guessing there was a P-Switch around), but I'm sure I could've figured it out.
Also, nice trick with the Buzzy Beetles and trampolines. I was stumped for a moment since I couldn't pick 'em up.

@ILikeKirbys AutoMario Time is an auto level. Not much more to say than that other than the fact that you'll probably get more stars from it than you're used to. Now Simple Airship is not bad, It's for beginners. And it's 30 seconds long just like my two beginner courses. Haha well done though the auto level must've taken you a lot to make. I liked the effort put into these two. You'll find them both starred by me when you get back on. :)
Yeah, AutoMario took a while, so hopefully it'll do better than my usual courses.
As for Simple Airship... Glad it's as easy as I thought it would be. Not much effort put in on this one though, I just chained a few airships together and slapped on a few enemies.
Here's hoping that works.
Also, thanks!

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
ILikeKirbies said: 2-4 was tricky, but I liked it! Gave me an idea I'll be toying with tonight/tomorrow as well, so thanks!
Kamak's Assault was also surprisingly simple, though I died a few times. Nice airship level, the SMW Airship was a theme I hadn't seen until now, and it looks nice, so thank you for that. Didn't see any Kamaks, though a Magikoopa got me once.

@ILikeKirbys: Well it seems Bowser's Inferno has flared up more than a few Mario rumps~ Yeah, sorry about the sudden decrease in difficulty. I like to mess around with levels and I tend to make my experiment levels with new Super Mario Maker content relatively easy.

In anycase, I have more levels. With Noire and ILikeKirbys helping give me the final push to 50 stars, I'm able to upload more than 10 levels. 10 more are at my disposal to make and these two will be 11 and 12 out of 20 possible.

Many Pipes Little Time: 07F2-0000-0075-E2F1

Firebrand Castle: C556-0000-0076-32A3

Last edited:

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
ILikeKirbies said: 2-4 was tricky, but I liked it! Gave me an idea I'll be toying with tonight/tomorrow as well, so thanks!

@ILikeKirbys: Well it seems Bowser's Inferno has flared up more than a few Mario rumps~ Yeah, sorry about the sudden decrease in difficulty. I like to mess around with levels and I tend to make my experiment levels with new Super Mario Maker content relatively easy.

In anycase, I have more levels. With Noire and ILikeKirbys helping give me the final push to 50 stars, I'm able to upload more than 10 levels. 10 more are at my disposal to make and these two will be 11 and 12 out of 20 possible.

Many Pipes Little Time: 07F2-0000-0075-E2F1

Firebrand Castle: C556-0000-0076-32A3
Ah, don't worry about difficulty varying by a lot between levels, I have that too (I've made some kinda-easy courses and a deliberately easy course, but I also have Head In The Clouds, which has I think a 0.0something% clear rate at the moment. That is a difficulty shift worth apologizing for). And I like experiment as well (AutoMario World, Yoshi Must Live, the Cloud courses), that's like half the fun of Mario Maker (the other half is seeing what other people come up with)! And they were fun, that's what matters.

And you hit 50 Stars, that's great! I'll play those new levels in a while (won't be able to hop on for a few hours).

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Quick story time, I was 90% complete with the Shovel Knight Level Part 2, and then I went to eat in another room with my Wii U still on. When I return, it was auto shut down and I lost all of the things I made. So now, I'm gonna have to restart. So it's gonna be a while. :(

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@Ink Gunner Emily Congrats on hitting 50 Medals! I liked your two new courses a lot! The Pipe one took me a sec to figure it out. But Firebrand Castle was a fun romp the whole way through!

@ThatSquidYouKnow Aw, that stinks. I know what it's like to lose hours apon hours of work. It's not fun and it's a real morale drainer.

EDIT: Alright, four more courses. No, there aren't any NSMBU ones here.

749D-0000-0078-1B6E
You were expecting a bad level? (SMB): An amiibo costume level where you'll play as... if you get the joke you'll know who. Pretty basic for the most part but there's quite a few enemies in here.

9CED-0000-0078-1EFB
Chill Chill Island (SMB3): I wanted to see if I could make a "cold island" type of level. There are a lot of enemies underwater but the actual level is quite short.

1FE6-0000-0078-2061
Save Yoshi's Friend! (SMW): If you don't hold on to Yoshi here, you'll find yourself in trouble as there are Hammer Bros. all over the place here but there's another egg later in case that happens. You've pretty much beaten the level if you reach the cave section.

7616-0000-0078-21EA
Bowser Takes on Rogue Troops (SMB): Another amiibo costume level featuring none other than Bowser himself. There are mystery mushroom powerups all over the place so you can stay being Bowser. The boss here is not Bowser, or Bowser Jr. (Because that wouldn't make any sense!)

I'll be using my last upload on another amiibo costume level featuing Gold and Silver Mario, If I can unlock them!

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
@shy I left a comment and a star, I hope you don't mind. Goomba Soccer is probably one of the most creative levels I've seen today. I play the 100 Mario Challenge quite a bit so I know what I'm saying!

Reactions: shy

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
So many levels I have to go through in this thread. x_x I'll definitely try to get to them all tomorrow!

I made this level a few days ago, but only now decided to upload it, I decided it's a pretty decent level. Bombs on Board: 9620-0000-0078-3F62

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
This has been claimed by multiple websites and hundreds of people to be the hardest Super Mario Maker level yet:
I'd probably have to agree with them. Last time I checked, the clear ratio was 8/539,000, or 0.00001%. That's insane.
You should check out this guy's other works, too, because they're also ridiculously hard.

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
This has been claimed by multiple websites and hundreds of people to be the hardest Super Mario Maker level yet:
I'd probably have to agree with them. Last time I checked, the clear ratio was 8/539,000, or 0.00001%. That's insane.
You should check out this guy's other works, too, because they're also ridiculously hard.
Pangea panga, Super Mario World hack creator of item abuse 1,2,3, SMW TASer, and has beaten SMW blind folded. Also Nintendo cracked down on his videos because they were hacks. ; w;

Good to see him doing work on Super Mario Maker now.

Check this crazy vid out :V
Edit:

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I saw that on NintendoLife a couple of days ago. Looks too nuts for me. And I thought I was good at Mario. No thank you. That's a level not for me.

@Zero Revolution I really enjoyed that level! Thank you for the upload. I like Bob-omb gimmick levels, I uploaded one myself!

@Agadez After playing 100 Mario Challenge, the game let me know you played and starred some of my levels. Thank you so much!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom