• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Tag

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Quotes from another thread to economise on forum space!
I say it just like the word lap and then the ras part I say just like grass without the g.
Then I don't see how it's a different sound to French 'la'.
Electabuzz sounds really ridiculous
10-character limit. Sometimes it makes names dumb; at other times, it's awesome (Feraligatr).
1. What's your favorite activity to do for exercise? (Like running or lifting weights)
2. What's the average amount of hours a day do you spend outside?
3. What do you think the nicest thing someone could do for another person is?
  1. Not much... but probably jogging. It's somewhat satisfying and doesn't require any equipment.
  2. Right now, during the holidays? Hardly any. I'll either spend all day holed up in my house or spend a couple of hours going to the park or something; on average, probably under an hour.
  3. I wish I knew that so that I could apply it... difficult question!
@Ansible @DualQuelcher @Brie_no.20
  1. Do you ever laugh when no-one else is around and you're not watching a funny video/reading something/whatever?
  2. Have you ever intentionally invoked a glitch in a game? If so, do you do so frequently?
  3. What sort of headphones do you prefer (noise-cancelling, smaller but still ear-covering, earbuds or something else)?

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
Quotes from another thread to economise on forum space!

10-character limit. Sometimes it makes names dumb; at other times, it's awesome (Feraligatr).

1. Not much... but probably jogging. It's somewhat satisfying and doesn't require any equipment.
  2. Right now, during the holidays? Hardly any. I'll either spend all day holed up in my house or spend a couple of hours going to the park or something; on average, probably under an hour.
  3. I wish I knew that so that I could apply it... difficult question!
@Ansible @DualQuelcher @Brie_no.20
  1. Do you ever laugh when no-one else is around and you're not watching a funny video/reading something/whatever?
  2. Have you ever intentionally invoked a glitch in a game? If so, do you do so frequently?
  3. What sort of headphones do you prefer (noise-cancelling, smaller but still ear-covering, earbuds or something else)?
1. Not unless I hit my funny bone.
2. I think so, but I don't do so frequently. I'm not Skyoch.
3. Ear covering

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Cuttleshock said:
I'm awful at pronoucing words in French so I probably just say la wrong, I usually say la like the word law. And I usually don't realize I'm saying the words wrong until someone points it out, and nobody's mentioned that mistake before.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Does a little dance-
Freebie!

1. Favorite non-nintendo FPS
2. Pepsi or Coke (I may have asked this before but I really like knowing the answer to this)
3. Desktop or laptop?

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
2. Pepsi or Coke (I may have asked this before but I really like knowing the answer to this)
3. Desktop or laptop?
  1. Global Online Chibi Combat Offensive. (AKA “GOCCO OF WAR”)
  2. Pepsi at the moment, because Coke ruined their formula just enough. (I prefer Dr. Pepper over both Coke and Pepsi though.)
  3. Of course my beloved custom-built desktop named Peashy!
@pixelizedchell @Cuttleshock @DualQuelcher
  1. Have you ever written a story? If so, what was it about?
  2. If you draw/paint/etc, what is your favorite thing to draw/paint/etc.?
  3. What is your latest purchase?

SurrealSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
3. Desktop or laptop?
1. Team Fortress 2. It's tons of fun.
2. Coke.
3. Desktop. Better for gaming.

@Ikaheishi @G1ng3rGar1 @DualQuelcher

1. What's the rank in Splatoon you're currently aiming for?
2. Opinion on Splatlings?
3. Boy inkling design or girl inkling design?

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
  1. My biggest work was probably the start of a somewhat directionless Pokémon fanfiction when I was 12 or so, starring a shameless self-insert nerdy schoolkid. That reached 7000+ words, which continues to be the most I've ever written on a single piece, just barely beating my school research project (finished about 15 months ago). I started a bunch of stories, some about Pokémon, others not, between the ages of 11 and 14, I'd estimate. Since then, though I'd still really like to make a completed story, I've never done anything substantial.
  2. Cannot draw for the life of me, per se, but I love making maps... which is misleading, because, right now, I'm just in the middle of my third one in a few years. I like to think that I have a pretty good sense for landmass design.
  3. Not coming from my own money, but a scooter! 'Scoot scoot', not 'brum brum' (a line I've written several times by now...). It's to get me around more efficiently when I move out for university; bicycles are more conventional but I hate going on the road, so went for a different manually-propelled wheeled, uh, doohickey.
I'll tag next time.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
NNID
chaser1234
1. Team Fortress 2. It's tons of fun.
2. Coke.
3. Desktop. Better for gaming.

@Ikaheishi @G1ng3rGar1 @DualQuelcher

1. What's the rank in Splatoon you're currently aiming for?
2. Opinion on Splatlings?
3. Boy inkling design or girl inkling design?
1. None. I'm at S rank and I'm happy.
2. Can'u use the hydra or the mini but I can use the heavy.
3. I use the boy, but I like the girl design

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
NNID
chaser1234
  1. Global Online Chibi Combat Offensive. (AKA “GOCCO OF WAR”)
  2. Pepsi at the moment, because Coke ruined their formula just enough. (I prefer Dr. Pepper over both Coke and Pepsi though.)
  3. Of course my beloved custom-built desktop named Peashy!
@pixelizedchell @Cuttleshock @DualQuelcher
1. Yes, probably Batman.
2. I can't draw/paint/etc..
3. Milk
Sorry for the double post.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
1. Least favorite animal
2. Latest you stayed up
3. Favorite breakfast
  1. I don't like to work in absolutes, especially when it's negative... but I guess I'd say millipedes. Even the word gives me chills - they terrify me and, unlike, say, spiders, don't really have redeeming features (eating flies, like).
  2. I once pulled an all-nighter to marathon My Little Pony (don't hate me) but, aside from that, I've been up until 05:00 a couple of times, probably watching speedruns - they're what usually keep me up really late.
  3. Hardly ever have variety in breakfasts, but, from what I eat, probably porridge. Very filling aaand stuff. I like it.
Goodness, all three of my responses have a similar sentence structure at the start (X but Y). I won't fix that so as to leave a message to aspiring writers - vary your syntax! Don't sound dumb like I do!
@GoldWatson @Rustic @⭐️Zapfish⭐️
  1. Have you played/do you play any online Flash games? If so, name one or two you quite like.
  2. What do you think of flags (like, of countries)?
  3. Do you have relatives living in a different country to yourself?

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
  1. I don't like to work in absolutes, especially when it's negative... but I guess I'd say millipedes. Even the word gives me chills - they terrify me and, unlike, say, spiders, don't really have redeeming features (eating flies, like).
  2. I once pulled an all-nighter to marathon My Little Pony (don't hate me) but, aside from that, I've been up until 05:00 a couple of times, probably watching speedruns - they're what usually keep me up really late.
  3. Hardly ever have variety in breakfasts, but, from what I eat, probably porridge. Very filling aaand stuff. I like it.
Goodness, all three of my responses have a similar sentence structure at the start (X but Y). I won't fix that so as to leave a message to aspiring writers - vary your syntax! Don't sound dumb like I do!
@GoldWatson @Rustic @⭐️Zapfish⭐️
  1. Have you played/do you play any online Flash games? If so, name one or two you quite like.
Okay, okay, I'll reply to this one. I'm sorry I'm so hard to tag.

1: I watched my dad play Super Mario Sunshine flash once. I have not played any though.
2: Very interesting! It's fun to learn what they represent (if they represent anything).
3: I...no, I don't believe so. I unfortunately have to admit that I myself have never been out of the U.S...

@Magolor @Meta Knightmare @SilverBlue-Neko

1: Favorite Kirby game, and why?
2: Have you ever made (and completed) a good-quality comic?
3: Favorite Splatoon ink color?

WOOOOAAHHHH I ACTUALLY WAS ABLE TO COME UP WITH QUESTIONS! I tried tagging the Kirby-loving people for this one...

Rustic

Inkling Commander
1. I have played a few, but I didn't enjoy playing them enough to consider worth remembering.
2. Flags are flags. I see them quite plainly as symbols of a nation. Although I think some have cruddy designs, others have plain designs, or have really nice designs. My favourite would be my own nation's flag! Canada's. Which is plain red and white with a maple leaf in the center.
3. Yes, my Dad's side of the family all live in Iran. Which is nice as a pair of pants from there is quite good for cold winters due to its excessive poofiness. And as I stated before in Question #2, I live in Canada so I don't get to see them often.

---
MASS TAGGING POWERS GO!
@Cuttleshock and @Cuttlefish Sorry, I just had to do that at some point. @G1ng3rGar1 @AlphaOmegaSplatter @Zerul @SurrealSquid

1. Favourite chair/seat for your rear?
2. Which villain, in anything of your choosing, do you absolutely despise? This can be for whatever reason from you don't like the look of them to their actions, whatever it could be. Keep it civil though, plz.
Ripped straight from another Forum(thank you Aifos) as I am too lazy/W-blocked to create another one.
3. "You have just been teleported into a video game of your choosing, however, in this timeline, the protagonist has died, and you are tasked with replacing them."
"Rules:
1: You get the protagonist's guide partner (not combat partner), if they had one. (Navi, Cortana, etc.)
2: You do not immediately get their arsenal, or connections (replacing Master Chief=/=being in the UNSC).
3: The world must have some sort of disaster going on. (no Harvest Moon-type games)
4: You only have 1 life
5: Game's logic overrides your own (you gots an HP bar!)
6: That being said, you are human. (Halo Wars=/=mysterious force guiding army)
7: You cannot avoid saving the world.
8: You do not get their powers.
9. You do not get any powers, unless they'd be available to a normal person
Note: despite rule 7, you can actually decide to be evil. That being said, if you chose Skyrim, and decided to be evil, and join Alduin, you--like everyone else--would be consumed by him."

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
@Magolor @Meta Knightmare @SilverBlue-Neko

1: Favorite Kirby game, and why?
2: Have you ever made (and completed) a good-quality comic?
3: Favorite Splatoon ink color?
1. AH! Ok so my favorite is probably a tie between Kirby's Dreamland 2 & 3, followed closely by Air Ride and Robobot. I love all the Kirby games and they are very, very dear to me... but those ones are my faves probably. Dreamland 2 & 3 because I just genuinely adore the animal friends and the story.... Air ride because I grew up playing it for the most part, and Robobot because nostalgia and amazing story! There's also Return to Dreamland, where Magolor is from, that is very important to me too- and honestly if you asked me to choose just one of those 5 games as my top favorite i'd probably be unable to. I also like all the other games haha... only reason I didn't put 64 up there was since I didn't like how they didn't put the abilities you needed to get the shards nearby. That puts it a bit below the others.
2. Nah. I'm not a comic artist, I just do little Kirby doodles and occasionally pairing art.
3. Soda! Also that turquoise in TW is super nice too... and the pastel-er soda(?) in single player.

I could have rambled for hours about the Kirby stuff but I refrained so I wouldn't end up repeating myself 500 times with the obvious answer of: I love all of the kirby games and they are all very dear to me.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
@Rustic
1. haven't find one yet. just been sitting in whatever was avilable
2. that would depend on a few things but I choose. Peacewalker.
3. sorry but this would be a cheat for life but...Undertale. (PUCK your one life rule! i just reset and come back newer!)

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Sorry, I just had to do that at some point.
Pfft, haha.
2. Which villain, in anything of your choosing, do you absolutely despise? This can be for whatever reason from you don't like the look of them to their actions, whatever it could be. Keep it civil though, plz.
Ripped straight from another Forum(thank you Aifos) as I am too lazy/W-blocked to create another one.
3. "You have just been teleported into a video game of your choosing, however, in this timeline, the protagonist has died, and you are tasked with replacing them."
  1. I guess that'd be my X-Rocker gaming chair, on which I always sit when I'm on my PC. Never play any PC games, though! It's very comfortable.
  2. ... How To Train Your Dragon spoilers for later books, so I won't do that, although a villain from there comes to mind. Otherwise, I looked around a bunch and realised that I like most villains. Either that or I only play games in which the antagonists get redeemed by the end, so, uh... it's a stretch, but perhaps Ghetsis from Pokémon Gen 5, because he calls N a freak and stuff in B2W2 and N is my darling.
  3. Well... Pokémon is the boring answer and kind of goes against Rule 3, so I won't say that. First choice might be Advance Wars, any of the first three games, as A) the protagonists were dumb and could command an army, so why couldn't I? and B) I have an entire day to think through each thing I do! Disadvantage would be that I don't have magic army-leading powers or anything, but they aren't necessary. However, unsure as to how I'd get the position of a CO in the army... but if people like Andy can get it, it can't be too difficult. But if the fact that I'm not in any direct danger in Advance Wars goes against Rule 3, I might pick Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Felix almost died at the start of the game's predecessor, so it's very plausible... although if he did die, I'm not sure how the lighthouse-firing team would have come about, assuming that Saturos and Menardi were still killed. But knowing what needs to be done to save Weyard, I could try to organise it. It's a beautiful world and I'd love an opportunity to live in it. Problem: I don't have all of those, like, earth-element powers that Felix does, and presumably wouldn't inherit them from living in Vale if I were just transported there. So I'd have to gather together some strong adepts reasonably quickly, convincing them that the elemental lighthouses need to be fired and basically be a second Kraden with extra knowledge, more or less unable to help in battle (although I could just be an element-unaffiliated fighter... could). Time is definitely limited, but it could be possible to journey to Mars Lighthouse early rather than at the end of the game and light it first, before Gaia Falls shrink too much (the main difficulty there was that the main antagonists were at the top, so it shouldn't be so bad if we get there first!).

SurrealSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
"Rules:
1: You get the protagonist's guide partner (not combat partner), if they had one. (Navi, Cortana, etc.)
2: You do not immediately get their arsenal, or connections (replacing Master Chief=/=being in the UNSC).
3: The world must have some sort of disaster going on. (no Harvest Moon-type games)
Note: despite rule 7, you can actually decide to be evil. That being said, if you chose Skyrim, and decided to be evil, and join Alduin, you--like everyone else--would be consumed by him."
1. My GTX Racer office/gaming chair. It's unbelievable how comfortable it is. Nothing could replace it.
2. Nolan Sorrento, the main villain from the book "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline. He's the evil and manipulatory CEO of a criminal company ready to do anything to reach his goals. Won't go in depth here since it's a pretty long book, but just know I hate that guy. (There's a couple of other villains I absolutely despise, but I won't list them here.)
3. Darn, this is difficult.
Ace Attorney does not have a world disaster going on... Shoot.
Maybe Mario from Bowser's inside story?
Eh, I don't really know.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
1. I have played a few, but I didn't enjoy playing them enough to consider worth remembering.
2. Flags are flags. I see them quite plainly as symbols of a nation. Although I think some have cruddy designs, others have plain designs, or have really nice designs. My favourite would be my own nation's flag! Canada's. Which is plain red and white with a maple leaf in the center.
3. Yes, my Dad's side of the family all live in Iran. Which is nice as a pair of pants from there is quite good for cold winters due to its excessive poofiness. And as I stated before in Question #2, I live in Canada so I don't get to see them often.

---
MASS TAGGING POWERS GO!
@Cuttleshock and @Cuttlefish Sorry, I just had to do that at some point. @G1ng3rGar1 @AlphaOmegaSplatter @Zerul @SurrealSquid

"Rules:
1. I enjoy spinning chairs. And as long as there's a cushion, I'll sit on it
2. Probably Ridley or The Shadow Queen. I don't really have a villain I despise. (Princess Shroob and Elder Princess Shroob too cause why not)
3. Um
Maybe one of the first 3 Paper Mario games (or maybe not if I can't get the partners)
Or the Mario and Luigi games
If I can use power ups you can have in their arsenal
I hope that doesn't break the rules
But really um if we're being really particular then Runbow

I'll come up with something later

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
3. Darn, this is difficult.
Ace Attorney does not have a world disaster going on...
That game sort of has a disaster since it's apparently based on the extremely unfair Japanese court system where almost everyone who goes to court is declared guilty. But even though a lot of stuff happens to Phoenix to make his job difficult, it doesn't seem like too much of a disaster in the games since he wins almost every trial by getting lucky and slowly stumbling through every case with only a vague idea of how his client could possibly be innocent.

Also, I tried downloading Dual Destinies yesterday, but it's age restricted =/ is there a way I can bypass that or do I have to get a physical copy? And why is it even age restricted? The other games have blood and they're only T.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
is there a way I can bypass that or do I have to get a physical copy?
Uh... figure out the parental restrictions PIN code. Or if you know that no-one ever set age restrictions on your device, then I dunno how to change that.
And why is it even age restricted? The other games have blood and they're only T.
I remember seeing a screenshot in which someone gets called some childish insult... no idea, but maybe I don't know because it's plot-relevant? I've never played an Ace Attorney game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom