• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Bragging Thread

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Oh man this was one of the time i wish i had a recording device for gameplay....And a time where i had a good laugh as well.

So i was on Kelp dome around 2 days ago and i think it was Rainmaker. I was using the L-3 nosslenose, and i was hiding on the leftmost side of the stage to see if any enemies would try to attack my allies from behind because they were all at the opposite side of where i was.

As i think no one is going to come, i start swimming to the mid section when a 52 gal shows up from the mid section and decides to bombard me. He throws down a wall and starts shooting at me, i back away to so that he can't reach me any more as i whittle down his wall.. Then "DING" my special is ready! I thought i'd take down his wall with the Killer Wail why not? After throwing down a wall and firing like that, he can't approach me. So i lug it out, and wouldn't you know it, the 52 gal brings his Wail out too, right in front of me.

There we both are, pointing our loud speakers at each other, we both fired at the same time and we splatted each other xD We both even tried to escape but we got splatted xD

Suddenly, more "Splatted X" icons showed up.
2 splats..
...4 SPLATS!?!?

A quad' splat from the funniest moment i had ever witnessed since buying the game! What's more, is that my team soon reached the goal seconds after my quad splat. I don't think anything i brag about will top this for a long time xD (Unless i get a video of something like this happening).

The only sad thing was that i didn't get a single "Nice" for it xD
You can get a Booyah from an NA player instead! :D

We'll call the other team's strategy: "Squidstacking"

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
In Squad matches last night my homie @Spiderface and I took on 3 dynamo rollers and a sloshing machine on TC Flounder and WON and can I just say holy **** that was one of the most intense things I have ever experienced

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
So there was this one match at Camp Triggerfish where I brought the regular Hydra into play. I was hanging back and defending our base when someone snuck into it via the gates. So I revved up a stream of ink to down them when they suddenly got their Kraken on! Not one to be deterred, however, I evaded the Kraken and set up a Splat Bomb trap at the semicircle. Sure enough, the minute they ran out of their special the bomb exploded, splatting them. Fun times!

Award

TW in Port Mackerel, finally, for once my team actually properly played this map!! 2 on one side, 2 on the other. It's a miracle!

But more fun than that I was running Custom Eliter Scope and watching the left from above. Our two shooters were down on the right, they held it ok, but the action spilled up into our base a few times. It got cleaned up before they got to me though.

But the teammate on my side was a Japanese inkbrush user. He was pretty tough when he was on the other team before that and splatted me a few times. He was spamming c'mon and booyeah TONS, as did I for good kills, and we worked as a proper tag team where I'd set them up from above, missing a lot of shots (they were good evaders!), but also covering their ink, blocking their path with ink, keeping them away from the wall, numerous times I actually did hit them with partially charged shots but not charged enough to kill, and he'd knock them down with the brush. We played the whole round this way, I'd set them up, he'd knock them down. We'd booyeah back and forth. He got splatted several times including two times when the enemy did a full 3-player rush with loaded specials into our side. They overwhelmed him and I held them at bay from above and kept them from getting up our wall until he returned and flushed them out again. I finished the match with only 1 kill, 0 deaths, but it was one of those stats that look worse on paper than the reality of what the eliter's utility really provided (including the several assists with a partial hit. He went 11/4 on the cleanup.) Eliter + inkbrush turned out to be an incredible tag team! (and we outperformed our shooter duo on the right side in terms of keeping our side clear of enemy ink!)

Then the next round he was on the other team. I splatted him three times with eliter. He got totally shut out, and went 0/5.

Then I checked the Plaza - he's an S+ Japanese Inkbrush! :)

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
Killing all 4 enemy inklings with a Splat bomb is pretty awesome

Reactions: shy

Robinator200

Inkling
I know I brag a lot about getting niche kills with the Krak-On Roller, but it just feels so satisfying steamrolling another squiddo.
Especially when you don't even know there's someone there in the ink you're covering up.
Especially when that poor sap has a buddy lying in wait with him.

And on that note, I've found that it's getting harder to roll over people in general, as people wise up to the fact that a rolling squid is an easy target. Add to this the weapon's now-required perfect accuracy to get a splat, and you have a weapon that's reeeally not suited for combat.

With that in mind, you can imagine how surprised (and ecstatic) I was when I survived an ambush AND splatted 3 enemy squids in the process.
I know right. I miss the days when rollers could just, you know, roll over other squids.:D

Otter Power

Full Squid
NNID
OtterGod
A few nights back, I managed to sneak up into the enemy's base on Bluefin Depot with my Splat Charger. I shot out their E-litre, and sniped out every last one of them from their own sniper's perch. The last guy managed to kill me with a single tick of .92 gal deco (of course), but I was super proud of my quad kill.

Teammates did not push the Rainmaker though. I was screaming while I respawned. What am I fighting for?!

Award

I finally started my own squid party!

I had the CEliter Scope in Moray for TW, and my team was pretty good, and the other team, not so much (or they had a dropout, I can't remember) and my team went all the way up the ramps and spawncamped them in the first minute. I do NOT participate in spawncamps, so I stayed back on the sniper perch inking wall paths and watching for escapees trying to invade our side. None came, and there was no turf on our side in need of inking...so I just stood there on the perch doing nothing for 1:30 or so. My team would pass me or jump to me when they respawned and went back up for the camp. Toward the end of the match one of them started shooting at me I suppose to see why I wasn't doing anything or if I was DC'd. So I just started squid partying....and they joined in, and then someone else on their way down joined in and we squid partied for the remainder of the match! :D

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
Im S+, have 1400+ Hours playtime on Splatoon and i main EVERY weapon

Reactions: shy

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Going 14/2 on Hammerhead Bridge with a Custom Hydra Splatling was pretty nice. Especially since it was during Splat Zones.

Mayul

Inkling
NNID
Mayuls
I've been wanting to just brag about this for forever!

I don't know how good everyone else is suppose to be at this game, but I picked up Splatoon January 1st of this year and played it for like 3 days on off while doing story mode casually. Wasn't entirely sure if I like the game or not, my best friend and his GF were showing me all the stages and telling me the general basics of the game and played two matches and went to bed. I woke up level 7 that morning and played until I got to level 10, and immediately went into rank. The last picture I took was being C 77 points on a 15.5 Hawt meter. I ended the day level 13 with a 25.5+ hawt meter in B-.

AL:SKJF:"AKSJF"ASJF:"LAKSJF"LASKJF:L"ASKJFALSFJ"ASLFJ"ALSKJF"LASKJF"LASKFJ"ALSFKJASLFJ

That is literally how I felt at the end of the day. Just. AMAZING. Pure. ECSTASY.
I didn't want to boast or brag, because I don't like making people feel uncomfortable or if this is even something amazing, but thank god for this thread allowing me to get this off my chest. WOOHOO! It felt great, and truly sparked something fierce in me.

Unfortunately, my Wii USB with all my save data(crying smash4 trophies) was deleted and now I'm level 8 working my way back up!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
@Mayul Nice! Hope the trek back to Lv 13 goes well!

So, while I was waiting for LUTI SND2 vs. Diamond Dogs, I played a few matches in Kelp and Saltspray. The last match at Kelp was especially neat as I went 13/3 and played a pivotal role in boxing in the enemy team up to the bitter end, all with my trusty Neo Splash. It certainly made up for the time I tried fooling around with the RBPro.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
When you secure victory in a Splat Zones using an ink strike at the VERY LAST POSSIBLE MOMENT before they take the lead in overtime!!!!!!!!!!
I'm talking like we were at 12 and their cOUNTER WENT DOWN TO 12 AND THEN BACK UP TO 13 WHEN MY INK STRIKE HIT

REKT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom