• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Bragging Thread

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Museum D'alfonsino went the way it usually does for me, with the other team constantly dominating and bringing it down to single-digits. I figured at that point we were all still playing just out of politeness for our teammates and was hoping it'd be done soon.
And then they lost control.
From there, the match still had some back-and-forth, but we still pushed through, and actually made it out with a knockout.
I still hate SZing the museum, but not as much.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I've made it to King Rank for this Splatfest, and do I have some highlights!

In the very first match, I got my first quad in quite a while if not ever! Later on, I met some awesome players named Lion Blade, HEN and Hideo. (with the period). Together, we mopped up every foe that came across our path. While we were together, I also set some pretty high records for turf coverage--1386 in Ancho-V, 1505 in Camp, and 1602 in Blackbelly(!). There was additionally that one match where I scored 13-1 in K/D, as well as one where we won because I got a clutch double kill. Finally, the very last match I played I got a sweet triple on some Red players.

Overall, I left with a decent +12.5 Vibe. Not my highest, but still satisfying!

Oh, as an aside I met and defeated the kingpin of the Blahfia. It was pretty funny meeting him this Splatfest of all times.

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
I got 2 swim speed up subs on my Squid Hair Clip. From naturally leveling up.
And I got a nice 15/0 and 15/1 with the tentatek and 96. deco in the splatfest today. Was pretty satisfying to get dem quads.

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
Finally made it to B+ for the first time. I usually hover around B-.

I was having a terrible day with Rainmaker. Went from B 90s to C+ 50s. I was averaging 15-17 kills and 3-5 deaths, always the highest out of everyone, and kept bringing the rainmaker within 10s. But for whatever reason I just couldn't get over this losing streak. I was getting very tired since I kept going all out every match only to come up short. I kinda wanted to just give up at this point.

Well, suddenly the mode switched to tower control, so I was like hey I guess I'll try one more. Over the matches I developed a pretty solid strategy. It was so effective it took me from C+ to B+. I was on such a roll, I felt like I could get to S+ at this point lol.

I think I had 17 straight wins or something, idk I wasn't counting. In the pic above I just turned B+ after winning like 15 games. Sadly my streak ended once I entered a room with A- and A players. The strategy was nowhere near as effective against these pros. I got up to B+ 62 and started losing so I just stopped lol.

It's crazy how fast and accurate everyone is at the A-/A level. It's like everyone has an aimbot on. Honestly I'm just happy I made it to B+. The higher ranked matches might just be too competitive for me.

Extra Notes:
- During rainmaker with C+, one teammate took it from halfway to our "volcano" instead of the opponent's!!! He was looking down and walking around (confused?) on the volcano until it exploded and killed him. Honestly that taught me that sometimes you do actually lose cuz of teammates.
- Glitch on Ancho-V Games: I did multi suction bomb special in tower control and then all of a sudden one of the bombs caught the top of the tower, but upside down! The tower moved on but the bomb was still there. It proceeded to just float there mid-air until it exploded.

Last edited:

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
Finally made it to B+ for the first time. I usually hover around B-.

I was having a terrible day with Rainmaker. Went from B 90s to C+ 50s. I was averaging 15-17 kills and 3-5 deaths, always the highest out of everyone, and kept bringing the rainmaker within 10s. But for whatever reason I just couldn't get over this losing streak.

Then it switched to tower control, and I developed a pretty solid strategy. My Vibe maxed out at 17.5. I think I had 17 straight wins or something, idk I wasn't counting. My streak ended once I entered a room with A- and A players.

It's crazy how fast and accurate everyone is at the A-/A level. It's like everyone has an aimbot on. Honestly I'm just happy I made it to B+. The higher ranked matches are just too competitive for me.
Yeah, the B/B+ stuff are terrible, but boy they aren't as bad as 3 main 7 sub damage up aim bot eliters. They are impossible to kill, and if you should by some miracle kill them, they will still have map control. But anyways, grats.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
Quite happy to play more than one hour without any loss nor break two days ago, for the third time with my CRB in TC (other times were TC and RM).

Remembering a game where we won 3v4 on Flounder RM, just because one of the opponent decided to play time too early. Killer wailed him (.52) from the center just before the end, my two teammates took it. Take that, coward! That was way too early, and you didn't need that for such an easy game...

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Yeah, the B/B+ stuff are terrible, but boy they aren't as bad as 3 main 7 sub damage up aim bot eliters. They are impossible to kill, and if you should by some miracle kill them, they will still have map control. But anyways, grats.
I'm convinced the aimbot eliters are themselves the laggy eliters - so everything looks clean on their end. I go up against them as an opposing eliter. We trade much of the time. Which is actually quite fun - the 1v1 sniper battles with endless trades are when I have some of my most fun in the game. Like a wild west duel and in one snap of the trigger you know if you're the same skill or not. But the ones that keep getting me first aren't even aiming at me, or I'm behind a wall, or we hit each other and their hit counts while mine didn't.

tape1

Inkster Jr.
NNID
tape11
Switch Friend Code
SW-3407-1101-4635
I've been learning the brushes for the past few weeks, and they're fun as heck to play. Today I gave the Inkbrush Nouveau a shot for the first time. It was bluefin depot turf war. My teammates were away inking the enemy base, I just respawned and saw that the right lane was starting to get covered in enemy ink. I went to the overlook and saw three of the enemy team coming my way. I gave the "C'mon/To me" signal, but of course noone came. The first two were now inking the middle wall up to our base, and I was still alone.

I placed an inkmine at the top and waited for the first one to come up. The mine exploded but didn't kill him, but one or two swipes with the brush finished him off. I placed another mine for the next squid kid. Direct hit, 2nd enemy dead. I looked down again and saw the third of the pack going up the outer vertical wall (must have seen his teammates die under mysterious cricumstances). I quickly swam to the corner behind the horizontal wall and waited for the inevitable. Once the enemy was next to me, I hit the bubbler and slashed them to oblivion.

It was me against the world, and I won. I think I have a new favorite weapon.

Award

I've been learning the brushes for the past few weeks, and they're fun as heck to play. Today I gave the Inkbrush Nouveau a shot for the first time. It was bluefin depot turf war. My teammates were away inking the enemy base, I just respawned and saw that the right lane was starting to get covered in enemy ink. I went to the overlook and saw three of the enemy team coming my way. I gave the "C'mon/To me" signal, but of course noone came. The first two were now inking the middle wall up to our base, and I was still alone.

I placed an inkmine at the top and waited for the first one to come up. The mine exploded but didn't kill him, but one or two swipes with the brush finished him off. I placed another mine for the next squid kid. Direct hit, 2nd enemy dead. I looked down again and saw the third of the pack going up the outer vertical wall (must have seen his teammates die under mysterious cricumstances). I quickly swam to the corner behind the horizontal wall and waited for the inevitable. Once the enemy was next to me, I hit the bubbler and slashed them to oblivion.

It was me against the world, and I won. I think I have a new favorite weapon.

I love the inkbrush. Such an under-appreciated weapon next to the octobrush nouveau. I don't play it too often, the button mashing kills my finger (and my gamepad) but it's always soo fun to take out and play when I do :)

GleamEyes

Inkling
NNID
gleameyes23
Leveled up to C today! Tower Control went smoothly once I knew what to do. Just provide support and take out anyone who swims close. When two or three opponents got on the tower at Moray Towers I used my Bomb Rush and splatted them all, stopping the tower!

...Then GOT splatted, but it still counts!

Then another time at Moray Towers, I dodged this charger's shots while going ahead of my teammate-controlled tower, swam and jumped up to him and took him out! WHOO!

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
GUYS I'M SO EXCITED BUT I DON'T WANT THIS WHOLE POST TO BE IN CAPS SO JUST PRETEND IT IS. I was re-rolling my blue high tops while doing my French homework, just kinda hoping I might get the pure defense I wanted. I hadn't even gotten double defense, so I thought it couldn't possibly happen. Besides, it's like, over a 1 in 5000 chance to even get triple subs with 6%. I thought with re-rolling, I would get some other 6% triples before defense, since it's really rare. Nobody ever re-rolls triple 6% perks since it's so hard. So I had gotten about 4 30% triples and all of a sudden, 1 after about just an hour of re-rolling, I actually suddenly got triple defense!!! It costed me 18 snails in total, but I guess that's totally worth it for such a rare roll. I had killed 7 snails by scumming the wrong way, so then I was rolling 10 times each scum, and then I randomly decided to roll and 11th time, and that 11th roll got me the triple defense! I was so surprised but I was also so happy for getting something so rare from re-rolls!!! I'm now 1/3 of the way to my goal thing, I might get there in just a few weeks if I keep being really lucky!!!

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I'm on a huge high from Ranked right now:
After being the one to dunk the RM in my last match (my teammates were awesome, I just snatched the last bit for us), I had a pretty good feeling going into the next match. It was Bluefin Depot, and my moment came close to the last minute. I had the RM and was at the spot near the first drop, with the enemies coming close by. I somehow managed to dodge a shot, duck behind a wall, avoid another shot while hopping in enemy ink, and finally hit an uninked spot to get behind another wall. I got splatted shortly after, but from my hiding place I was able to charge up, and managed to take out two squids with me.
From there, it was a bit more back-and-forth between us, but closer to their base, and I managed to snag it in the last thirty seconds and bring us just closer than they had gotten, letting us win before OT.

Award

Just started using the Splatter jr today, and I'm really good with it for some reason. I got double digits kills and 3 or less deaths 3 games in a row, and went back to A
But HOW? I've never understood that weapon. I can't hit anything reliably with it at all. And yet any time I face one it's an unending shower of destruction. HOW do you make it work? :confused:

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
But HOW? I've never understood that weapon. I can't hit anything reliably with it at all. And yet any time I face one it's an unending shower of destruction. HOW do you make it work? :confused:
I start the match by sideways strafe shooting to get my bubbler in about 15 seconds, then I swim to an enemy, shoot them a few times, and right before they turn to me, you can swim around them a little then finish them off to avoid trading. You still have good walk speed when shooting with the jr, so it can actually be very useful to strafe them, especially on grates when you can't swim. I try to flank a group of enemies and kill them, activating bubbler if needed. Also, if everyone is hanging near the middle trying to get kills, you can use bubbler to near some teammates to allow your team to easily gain initiative. Jr also can get out of squid form, shoot a shot down, and return to squid form very quickly, allowing for quick movement over enemy land.

If you care about my gear, I was using the Soccer Headband, Layered Vector LS, and Red Hi-Tops. LE Soccer Cleats would have been better, but I haven't re-rolled them to get optimal abilities yet (although it should only take me about 20-30 minutes, I'mm do it later today), and Gas Mask would be better, but it's really ugly, so I don't like using it.

Award

Finally seriously used Dynamo in ranked (SZ) for the first time, and did pretty amazing with it. Still lost as much as won, but I was generally the best on my team either way. Sometimes by multiples. And one of the defeates would have been an almost complete shutout, and it was my dynamo that brought the clock down from 100 to 15 to make it a 1 point loss in overtime. I'm definitely adding dynamo to my mains!

Also, personal victory, had a double digit sniping session in TC again. After a series of matches the other day of TERRIBLE sniping and negative k/d's, it felt good to actually be a sniper again.

I start the match by sideways strafe shooting to get my bubbler in about 15 seconds, then I swim to an enemy, shoot them a few times, and right before they turn to me, you can swim around them a little then finish them off to avoid trading. You still have good walk speed when shooting with the jr, so it can actually be very useful to strafe them, especially on grates when you can't swim. I try to flank a group of enemies and kill them, activating bubbler if needed. Also, if everyone is hanging near the middle trying to get kills, you can use bubbler to near some teammates to allow your team to easily gain initiative. Jr also can get out of squid form, shoot a shot down, and return to squid form very quickly, allowing for quick movement over enemy land.

If you care about my gear, I was using the Soccer Headband, Layered Vector LS, and Red Hi-Tops. LE Soccer Cleats would have been better, but I haven't re-rolled them to get optimal abilities yet (although it should only take me about 20-30 minutes, I'mm do it later today), and Gas Mask would be better, but it's really ugly, so I don't like using it.
I still don't know if I can manage anything useful with a Jr. but that's the best guide on it I've seen so far! Not that I really WANT to like the Jr...I much prefer hard to use exotic weapons, rank be darned, that's what make Splatoon so unique and cool...but it does irritate me when I don't understand a weapon :D

And I'm glad I'm not the only one that refuses to use that hideous gas mask no matter how useful it may be. I refuse to even BUY that thing. Annie can keep it!

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
And I'm glad I'm not the only one that refuses to use that hideous gas mask no matter how useful it may be. I refuse to even BUY that thing. Annie can keep it!
I wouldn't ever even have re-rolled gas mask for triple sub abilities but it wanted so much attention from me that it has so far been the only weapon for me to have gone instantly from no perks to triples, causing me to actually wear it for a few games. It's abilities are great but it's so darn ugly.

Award

I wouldn't ever even have re-rolled gas mask for triple sub abilities but it wanted so much attention from me that it has so far been the only weapon for me to have gone instantly from no perks to triples, causing me to actually wear it for a few games. It's abilities are great but it's so darn ugly.
LOL, a fighting edge or not, I just won't play with that thing. I have freshness standards to uphold! :D

It's a difficult debate between that and the nightvision goggles as to which is uglier and shouldn't be in the game. It's a bleak day when the gas mask wins hands down. They could have at least made it a spraypainter's respirator or something. It would fit the theme. Why oh why a gas mask?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom