• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Bragging Thread

Kikaioh

Full Squid
We were pressing the rainmaker up towards the enemy goal at the top of the Moray Towers, but the enemy splatted my teammate who was holding the rainmaker, and wound up grabbing it himself.

I also happened to be on the tower at the other end of the same pathway, and saw that same enemy grab the rainmaker, swim and leap over the side. I was equipped with the Kelp Splattershot (my weapon of choice), and reacting quickly, I also swam and leapt over the side at the same time --- and as we were both flying midair, I transformed out of squid-form, pulled out my rifle, zoomed in to aim at the enemy squid, and midair shot him straight out of the sky.

Just a really epic moment for me.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
I won a game of TC with a team of 4 chargers! Usually I find that it is difficult to do well against a team that has a variety of weapons when mine has 3 or 4 chargers. And this was part of a series of wins that got me close to S+! (Had some bad matches after a bit, and a trolling teammate... So I went down a bit. Had made it to 85, currently at 66)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Kind of wish I was using a 3K to match them though haha.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Just got back into ranked and it's the first time I've played TC since December, and first time playing it with eliter/Custom Eliter. One round went 12/0 and landed the tower myself! That will probably be my best result ever in TC.

I won a game of TC with a team of 4 chargers! Usually I find that it is difficult to do well against a team that has a variety of weapons when mine has 3 or 4 chargers. And this was part of a series of wins that got me close to S+! (Had some bad matches after a bit, and a trolling teammate... So I went down a bit. Had made it to 85, currently at 66)

View attachment 2762
View attachment 2763
Kind of wish I was using a 3K to match them though haha.

Ouch, not only is it 4 chargers, but 4 scopes! That's a nightmare match!

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So, I tend to make a note on my phone any time something awesome happens. That way I can come back here and parade my accomplishments to the whole board. (I know, how self-absorbed of me.) Looking through these notes, I found one that I'd almost forgotten about:

"3x killed via tunnel o' deað"

I don't remember exactly what happened or how it happened, but I get the gist of what I meant. Basically, on either Port Mackerel or Urchin Underpass, I had splatted someone in a narrow alley; before they died, they tossed out a Splat Bomb to take me with them. Well, squidiot me doesn't notice it, and so I start to push forward. Two of my teammates had arrived as well, probably to get in on the action.
Then I noticed the bomb about to go off, and I frantically turn tail in a futile attempt to escape. My teammates apparently didn't see it, since they just kept plodding on. And, well... we all got caught in the blast.

So why am I in this thread, and not the other? Because at the time I thought it was flat-out hilarious how badly I dropped the ball there.

I also have another note about "trickiness on H Bridge," which refers to the time I out-witted an enemy squiddo by using a wall to sneak right past him during a firefight, but I feel it's less impressive than the above story.

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
Just got 23/2 with the Krak-On roller. Felt so good shredding through those noobs.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I never play splat zones, and moreover I avoid playing Moray Towers on any ranked mode because chargers set me off into a new level of rage. But I decided to go and do splat zones Moray because I was tired and loopy. I went with the octoshot because shorter range weapons do oddly well for me in that map (re: sploosh).
We had 68 points and the opposing team went into overtime with 75. We were down 2 players and the opposing team had split up evenly to defend the zones. I tried desperately to stand on the ramp overlooking our zone to keep it covered, to no avail. But that was when my inkzooka charged. I dropped down and by the time I hit the ground, I had it out and ready to go. I fired one shot straight north through the zone, taking out a hidden blaster and neutralizing the zone, then swiveled right to see someone else trying to climb the side wall into our base. Fired a quick shot there to take him out mid-climb leaving our zone neutralized with nobody to cover it in opposing ink. I won us the game 68-70 with two perfectly aimed and incredibly lucky inkzooka shots.

Tuff

Full Squid
NNID
Wolfysmash
Yesterday while grinding rank to get back into S from A+, I had a losing streak so bad it almost pushed me back into A rank. Out of desperation and sheer "screw it" mentality, I switched to .52 Gal, a weapon I rarely use, and won every single match in a row until I hit S44.

Award

I still suck horribly at RM after having avoided it nearly all the time until now, but today I had what will forever be my best RM match ever with CEliter on Triggerfish. Just out of the gates, the enemy seized the RM and headed forward. I shot the RM carrier from the other end of our bridge. My team was fighting, so I spammed ZR to pop the RM shield and picked it up....started running to the long catwalk, and a team mage linked up with me to paint the way to the bridge.....I just ran straight up the rope bridge, dodging incoming inkpellets, rain straight down the enemy unpainted hallway, fired a single RM shot to paint the goal cone, and dunked the RM, all in the first 40 seconds.

Never let it be said that eliters do not push the objective. :D

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I've never used a .96 gal before, but people always say it's good, so I took it into a turf match and scored 12-2 (and one death was from me accidentally falling XD)

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I recently had a Tower Control match at Walleye.. I was using Splattershot Jr, on a team with TWO MORE Splattershot Jrs and a Tentatek.
3x Bubbler hell meant total shutout from beginning to end. IT WASN'T EVEN FAIR BUT IT FELT SO RIGHT.

Award

I recently had a Tower Control match at Walleye.. I was using Splattershot Jr, on a team with TWO MORE Splattershot Jrs and a Tentatek.
3x Bubbler hell meant total shutout from beginning to end. IT WASN'T EVEN FAIR BUT IT FELT SO RIGHT.
There is a special place in a spring roll for squids like you. :mad:

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
I was playing TW with the carbon roller deco on Flounder, and I was alone home.. Then someone rang the doorbell, and I was like "Hm, let me just die and then open the door".
So I jumped down from mid to the enemy base, and rushed them with the intention of dying. Guess what? I got a quad and traded with the last one.

Moral: When you go suicidal, some opponents don't expect it, and you can slaughter them.

Award

I was playing TW with the carbon roller deco on Flounder, and I was alone home.. Then someone rang the doorbell, and I was like "Hm, let me just die and then open the door".
So I jumped down from mid to the enemy base, and rushed them with the intention of dying. Guess what? I got a quad and traded with the last one.

Moral: When you go suicidal, some opponents don't expect it, and you can slaughter them.
See, that's the difference between S+ players and my teams. When S+ players intentionally go suicidal and sit on the gamepad, they score a team wipe. My teams just walk into a splat roller. :p

Meanwhile I scored a full team wipe in zones yesterday with carbon roller vanilla, just outside the zone, traded on the 4th, and my team STILL did not claim the zone while I respawned. Granted, I had a shaky start falling into the mahi water TWICE before I got that far, so I'm not blameless in the loss, but, seriously guys....there ARE no enemies, how can you not paint the vacant zone?

Tuff

Full Squid
NNID
Wolfysmash
See, that's the difference between S+ players and my teams. When S+ players intentionally go suicidal and sit on the gamepad, they score a team wipe. My teams just walk into a splat roller. :p

Meanwhile I scored a full team wipe in zones yesterday with carbon roller vanilla, just outside the zone, traded on the 4th, and my team STILL did not claim the zone while I respawned. Granted, I had a shaky start falling into the mahi water TWICE before I got that far, so I'm not blameless in the loss, but, seriously guys....there ARE no enemies, how can you not paint the vacant zone?
I've had far too many times where I've taken out like 3 members of the opposing team and then died and then still lost because my team would not take control of the zone. Like, I'm basically giving this to you, guys. C'mooooooooon

Award

I've had far too many times where I've taken out like 3 members of the opposing team and then died and then still lost because my team would not take control of the zone. Like, I'm basically giving this to you, guys. C'mooooooooon
At least the epidemic doesn't apply to just me! :)

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Rainmaker yesterday had two incredible moments for me: In one match, I was fully prepared to suffer an awful loss when I saw our teammate disconnect, but we actually did really well. We were the first to grab the RM and carried it as far as 11 away before losing it, and it slowly went downhill from there until a knockout.
The other didn't involve me at all, but one teammate grabbed the rainmaker, survived as the area around him was covered in enemy ink, and still charged into their base to bring it just short of the goal before being splatted.
We lost both matches, but I was very honored to be on those teams.

EternumFox

Inkling
NNID
CokaCream
I got to C+ without raging a single time! Anyways, I was on Bluefin Depot and I was at the Splat Zone area. There were these two rollers together in one of the corners, so I splatted them easily. Then a Jet Squelcher was on top of the walls so I splatted them. Finally, there was this charger who I think made a mistake because he just jumped off the top of his ledge and I splatted him as well. I only realized after a few minutes that I had completely aced them xD

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So I felt like being a jerk today, and decided to fool around in Turf War by using the Hero Charger as a DMR-type weapon rather than as it's supposed to be used.

I actually performed somewhat decently, all things considered. Even got close to out-inking the enemy team's Aerospray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom