• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The Bragging Thread

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Weird...I think the nzap on the other team was on one of my enemy teams too! ALSO weird how you ALSO had an enemy team with 2 night-vision-gogggled players...one of them an nzap. I noticed that was sort of a theme last night. You didn't happen to notice if you saw that same gear in other rounds, and always on the opposing team did you? I'm just pattern hunting :)

Except that ******* nzap kept camping in our base at our rotating wall and inking our whole base with sprinklers. Was he trying that with you too? (With your kills streak he probably wasn't able to.)

With dynamo I wasn't the best equipped to take him out, but I was successful in repeatedly trading with him (he would go to the other side of our wall when I'd arrive, so I didn't have anywhere to outrange him.) But every time I'd come back and return to taking the zone I'd turn around and he was BACK in our base....I was the only one taking him out! We lost massively, of course.

Breademic

Senior Squid
NNID
Breademic
Haha I should probably pay attention to their gear more.
I think I splatted the rollers most of the time. It's like they weren't even trying to escape. I was holding defense on the left side of the map.
And I didn't really pay attention to the nzap Dx I'm sorry
Luckily my weapon outranged all of the enemy team.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
People keep telling that the Jet Squelcher is hard to use and they can't wrap their heads around it. I do not understand that, because I was dead tired last night due to insomnia, got on Splatoon to level up a shirt, and won like half a dozen turf war matches through spraying blindly and being too tired to give a damn. Who knows, maybe I just had poor opponents or my team was picking up the slack (despite my consistent top score), but the Jet Squelcher can't be that difficult if I can sleepwalk to victory with it.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
People keep telling that the Jet Squelcher is hard to use and they can't wrap their heads around it. I do not understand that, because I was dead tired last night due to insomnia, got on Splatoon to level up a shirt, and won like half a dozen turf war matches through spraying blindly and being too tired to give a damn. Who knows, maybe I just had poor opponents or my team was picking up the slack (despite my consistent top score), but the Jet Squelcher can't be that difficult if I can sleepwalk to victory with it.
The squelchers were the first weapon I ever was really good at, and they were the only weapons (in addition to tentatek) I was able to use for a while and do good with until I got better at the game. In my opinion they are pretty much the easiest weapons to use in the whole game except for splattershots.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The squelchers were the first weapon I ever was really good at, and they were the only weapons (in addition to tentatek) I was able to use for a while and do good with until I got better at the game. In my opinion they are pretty much the easiest weapons to use in the whole game except for splattershots.
Thank you for the vindication :P Reliably using it to splat people can be tricky, but the actual handling? Not at all complex. Hold the trigger, spray ink for a mile.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I had this really close match today at Kelp Dome. My team was up against a Japanese group and one of the Bad Guys had a Zink Mini. They kept splatting me when I tried engaging them with my Dual Squelcher. Even so, we kept carrying on and eventually landed a wipe on them. And then in the final seconds the Zimi had their sights on me, but I danced around and avoided getting splatted despite all the enemy ink I found myself nearby. It was a very intense match, I have to say.

In other news, on Saturday night I finally got the last piece of clothing to complete that part of my wardrobe!
Krak-On 528 Get.jpg

Granted, I had to get Spyke to hook me up with it (hence the pre-filled slot). At least I don't have to harass Jelonzo anymore, though!

Now to get to Level 50 and get that Legendary Cap...

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Picking up the (Custom) Jet Squelcher is the best decision I've ever made in regards to ranked. Just now on Tower Control Moray Towers, I managed to splat three opponents with the Kraken (one shooting me, one jumping to him, one climbing the tower) and casually ride the tower all the way to the goal.

I've had mixed feelings about ranked for some time, but I am suddenly pumped. Hurray Jet Squelcher!

Kenni

Inkling
NNID
Pheenie
I had some cheap fun during Walleye TC with the Kelp Scope. Tacking the sprinkler onto the wall got me more kills than expected, and then just mowing the whole enemy line down with a Killer Wail made me feel so bad but made everything else feel so good. Got 16-0 this way, ahahaha ❤

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom