• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The Bragging Thread

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
Got to A 80 yesterday before falling to a minus 40. Fun while it lasted. If u want to use a splat roller mostly for whacking your opponent ive found a good way to train. Use a carbon roller in matches that dont mean a lot. Short reach and shorter handle. In the "whack and splat" sense youre hamstrung a little vs traditional splat roller. Night and day difference if u are looking at things from an anti personnel angle.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Wow what a rush!!!! I started my session sitting at S 10, pretty nervous about playing on it at risk of losing my rank. And I did. Falling to A+, I fought for the past few hours to get my rank back up. I fell down as far as A+ 14 or so before my luck turned around, quickly and abruptly, and I climbed all the way up without a single loss.

Topping it all off, the final match before ranking up, at A+ 94, I got this score

May not be much for what I've seen some of yall accomplish, but 18 kills is very rare for me. It was just an incredible final battle to rank up with. It was such a rush.

It was Tower Control Bluefin, with Ancho-V also in rotation. bless

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I think I might just be getting lucky, but as of late I've been getting quite a few splats from firing an Inkstrike. That's rarely happened to anyone, as far as I know.
On Moray if you get a double kill, you can do that again by waiting a few seconds after they dies, then firing right as they jump off, they can't move around very much in midair and so they will get splatted if you time it good! You can do this if you can aim killer wails good, too.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
On Moray if you get a double kill, you can do that again by waiting a few seconds after they dies, then firing right as they jump off, they can't move around very much in midair and so they will get splatted if you time it good! You can do this if you can aim killer wails good, too.
Some might consider that a derivative of spawn camping xDDDD

But no seriously, I love inkstrike kills. Similar to that, if your team wipes the other in zones, timing an ink strike right when the other team is approaching mid again can be beautiful. Especially on stages with more predictable routes like Walleye. They're often under a ton of pressure after being wiped and tend to rush back to mid without thinking too carefully.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Holy ****, man. I decided to take the Heavy Splatling out for a spin (pun intended), and for the most part I think I've done pretty decent.

So then comes a match on Kelp Dome, in which my team gets a big lead early on. We then progressively fall apart over the course of the match, culminating in our whole team getting wiped out 1-by-1, with 30 seconds left when we all respawn.

Once I respawn, I head left in order to help a teammate combat the enemy squids on that side. What I didn't know was that they were all there. So it came as a shock when I saw name after name pile up on the bottom of the screen, then looking up and realizing that I'd mowed them all down on a single charge. That allowed us to recover enough lost turf to regain the lead.

My throat's still sore from the epic & maniacal laugh I let out after that. (If you're familiar with The Ren and Stimpy Show, think of Stimpy's Invention. That sort of laugh.)

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
In my experiences I don't get much to brag about but I did do one thing that I'm proud of to this day

So it was blackbelly tower and they were coming down our side alley anyways they are stuck on the middle all four members on the tower I send off an ink strike directly in front of the tower so they would ride straight into it, they all tried to run off but my team mate put a splash wall behind them they all got stuck and they were abomination by my ink strike so I got a quad

Later that match I got a triple with a splat bomb and took the lead

It was an s rank match and I got into s+ as I was s 99

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Took out the Tri-Slosher Nouveau for practise and leveling up gear in turf war. Holy squid, I seem to did some things right :scared:
It's funny throwing a seeker into a battle between my teammates and enemies, they are so distracted that they won't notice. Or facing two enemies: Took one out with slosher and the other one with seeker, got splooted to but hey, double splat xD

And this was the best
Twice.

AlsoDededork649

Pro Squid
NNID
DARandall4711
Little over a month ago got into S in the most fantastic way. Last few seconds of Tower Control, they were about to break our lead. My sniper got one of them, but two were still left, really weak, trying to get on the Tower. My Sprinkler was down. I got a DOUBLE WITH MY SPRINKLER, hopped on the Tower, picked off the last guy, won the game, got to S.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Couple days ago was playing Zones on Camp Triggerfish. Couldn't seem to make any headway because my teammates nor the enemy team would branch out and come from a different angle to try to take the zone on the opposite side. I decided to take the path on the right leading up to the zone so I could push from the side. I expected someone to see me, but surprisingly no one noticed. I then unleashed my Killer Wail special, firing it directly at the zone, square in the middle so as not to allow any chance of escape, and managed to get all 4 kills. I knew I would splat them, but definitely not all 4 of them. It surprised even me. Guess that's the punishment for not paying attention and obliviously shooting at the zone from the other side hoping to take it. Needless to say we won the game :P

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I was in a 2v4 somehow and I almost won. It was 10:30 and I was really tired and shouldn't have even been playing, but this dynamo roller completely carried me. He got 11-2 and got us to 46 (in zones) until the enemy took control and we were stuck. I feel really bad since if I was playing just a little better, we could have won.

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
Got up to A rank for the first time today. Did some training based on something I've learned from smash bros. (lol) and it paid off. Also got some tips from some of the members here regarding Splat Zones which helped too.

I feel like I can go higher because I was obviously facing As and A+s too, and winning, but it's probably best to take a break while you're on top lol.

Had a really solid 17-6 game during this session too. I honestly was just in the zone and didn't even think I killed that many people until I saw the scores hehehehe

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Had a 29/2 in a match a few minutes ago. It was with the .52 Gal Deco tho, so I am not sure if it means much. xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom