• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Bragging Thread

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
Since so many people here like to write STORIES, I thought I'd share a funny and recent story about me sniping on Arowana Mall. A- ranked RM.

So the game starts and I move up to the left sniping spot. I miss the enemies a bunch of times and get surprised splatted by a roller or something. I look up to see who's still alive, but of course just as I die so does the entire rest of my team lol. This obviously allowed the opposing team to break the RM shield and start pushing up.

The guy with the RM manages to get to that spot between the two walls near your base. At this point I think I had been on a losing streak and was saying in my head "f this, at the very least I'm not gonna get knocked out."

With 10 "units" to go, the rainmaker holder did his swim jump over the ramp, and I caught him mid air with an e-liter 3K scope for my first kill. I was standing on the platform just in front of the spawn point for reference.

"Thank god" I say to myself. "Maybe we can make a comeback after all."

So I look at the little squid icons at the top again to see who's alive. But ah, yes, of course: Everyone on my team is dead again. And the enemies start breaking the RM shield...again.

My team can't make it out fast enough so I knew I'd need to clutch this one out for a second time.

A different enemy player picks up the RM this time, but moves in a pretty similar way as the first guy I sniped. He then does that similar looking swim jump towards the volcano.

*BAM* I sniped another one mid air AGAIN. Why was I so surprised? Becauase I'm literally sniping them with less than 10 units to go and they're dying RIGHT as they're jumping to the finish. That feeling is never a good one (for the victim I mean). I start wondering what these victims are thinking in their heads, lol.

This same sort of sequence happens TWO more times. I swear it was a different squid each time which made it really funny for me. They kept jumping towards the finish in a similar way. So I kept seeing that animation through my scope, and I KEPT hitting them mid air. The same way, each time, LOL. It was like a lineup of birds flying to their death or something.

Presumably because I saved the team so many times, someone on MY team for once picked up the RM and pushed it a bit farther towards the middle, but not all the way.

Time eventually runs out and we lose, but damn that was the funniest and best defense I've played using the e-liter. Also one of my teammates who kept running to his death over and over gave me booyahs after each save which was really awesome, lol

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Nothing special about my tale, but I can't sleep so I went "hmmm, I wonder how ranked would go if I packed the dual squelcher". Six wins in a row later, I'm A+. I LOVE SQUELCHERS SO MUCH YOU GUYS :D

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It was a Custom jet btw
Thumbs up. The Custom Jet seems pretty good for TC, what with two different ways to harass the tower up close and being able to pelt any riders from afar.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, nofin compared to the tales of others here, but I got to rank A for the first time and I really happy about it. Hopefully I can stop being a scrub and get to S sooner than never later. I am glad I could get to A with the Heavy Splatling! During losing streaks, I felt tempted to pick the .52 Gal or Luna Blaster Neo to have an easier time.

JustSquidding

Inkling
NNID
missclairely
TODAY HAS BEEN GOOD!

I got to level 35, (+10 SOOOO HAWT!!, so I got the Hero Boots + 1400 coins from Judd), made it to A- rank for the first time (in my favorite mode, Rainmaker) AND got my very best K/D ever in Turf War (14K/4D) in my favorite stage, Piranha Pit. The K/D probably isn't very impressive to most, but it's a big deal for me - I'm new to games in general and not very good with shooters, so I was pretty proud of myself :D

SplatoonisBagels

Inkster Jr.
NNID
joje02
S rank lobby.
Playing tower control on Ancho-V Games and my team was at 26 and the opposing team started coming into the 30s during overtime.
I desperately ran to the back wall and blindly threw my trusty old sprinkler from my .96 Gal set.
While going up the wall, I see that the sprinkler had landed on the corner of the tower and I somehow got two kills off that.
One more kill with my .96 Gal and our win is secured.

Sprinkler > S Rank Tower Control

Jokes aside, its true that the S ranked games are challenging but I keep on getting at least one consistent kill with the sprinkler in whatever game mode I play.
The meta has changed from burst bombs to sprinklers.

AlsoDededork649

Pro Squid
NNID
DARandall4711
S rank lobby.
Playing tower control on Ancho-V Games and my team was at 26 and the opposing team started coming into the 30s during overtime.
I desperately ran to the back wall and blindly threw my trusty old sprinkler from my .96 Gal set.
While going up the wall, I see that the sprinkler had landed on the corner of the tower and I somehow got two kills off that.

Jokes aside, its true that the S ranked games are challenging but I keep on getting at least one consistent kill with the sprinkler in whatever game mode I play.
I see we have a similar story lol

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
S rank lobby.

I was playing inkbrush the other day and went to take out a sprinkler and got splatted in what seemed like 2 hits. I was dumbfounded until I saw the gear set: dmg up ++++++++ :rolleyes: Even sprinklers are deadly with that set apparently.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I splatted the entire enemy team in two separate games with the vanilla Splattershot AND Slosher Deco (didn't even use the Kraken for that one) in Tower Control yesterday.

Which was nice for my ego since I'd been playing terribly up until those games.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
My aim is something I'm always trying to improve, there's always more progress to be made. That said, I felt particularly proud when I shot an inkbrush wielder out of the air with my squelcher as he attempted to goomba stomp me during a splat zones museum match.

Award

My aim is something I'm always trying to improve, there's always more progress to be made. That said, I felt particularly proud when I shot an inkbrush wielder out of the air with my squelcher as he attempted to goomba stomp me during a splat zones museum match.
Do you realize that now I'm going to be thinking of it as a goomba stomp every time I use the inkbrush?? :mad:

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
You already made the Sanic jokes; You are no fun ; (

Award

Don't mind me, just showing off :D Was rerolling various gear trying for a couple things and then THIS magic happened out of the blue. COME ON STEP IT UP! YOU'RE TOO SLOW! GOTTA GO FAST etc.
Oh, c'mon, what's with the RG, that build is crying out for a sploosh! ;):D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom