The Bragging Thread

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
There's a good deal of salt mixed in with this, but this post is a bit like fries-It's the salt put on it before hand that makes it really satisfying.

I've mentioned my issues with chargers trying to be turfers before, and this had continued a bit in recent matches: One charger ran below perches at Camp Triggerfish to try to ink up (and came out with zero splats), another kept firing down the path to the right on Moray Towers and left everyone thinking they would cover it. (they didn't. I had to get them halfway through the match)
So when I was held back from leaving the spawn point by an Eliter trying to charge up a path, I didn't really have high hopes for the rest of the match.
(If Inklings could express annoyance, that could have been hilarious. One Inkling saying "hold up guys lemme get in this sweet shot" while everyone else just yells at them to get out of the way)

The match progresses as usual. I'm trying to learn the Krak-On Splat Roller, and I'm not sure whether to practice with beakons or Kraken first. (I've got an idea of both, but not much of the skill. Kraken has been mostly for drawing lines and chasing people while I wait to get my roller back out again and actually splat them) So I ink up the usual trail down the ramps, figuring I might as well charge it up.

When I get to the bottom, there's a strange sight: Not much inked up, but the second I step in, three charger beams are locked onto me. Weird, but I guess that explains the lack of ink. I leap around and try to ink up a bit before being inevitable splatted, by the .96 gal. He stares forward, squidbags, and walks slowly away. I'm confused at the display, until I realize what's

@Dessgeega I'm now beginning to understand your pain. I had only encountered squid parties before when I was accidentally trampling through them, but now I'm seeing more of this kind.
A party at gun point isn't a party, it's a hostage situation. This was a lunatic with a gun demanding civilians come out and dance with him while his friends wait above with sniper rifles to take out anyone who didn't obey. Without the context of squid partying, it feels like a Batman villain.

My next trip down, I managed to get a little further. As I go around the side of the main ramp to get up a little more, hoping to take the shortcut up (but then getting in a little fight), I discover that my team has actually held a traitor: The same Eliter that was literally holding us back earlier had now decided to do so metaphorically. (Okay, they were just getting on the fun, but some of us are trying to play something else!)

It was incredibly frustrating, but as time went on, we remaining three managed to create enough of a force to actually begin to move forward. We pushed them back bit by bit up the ramp, dodging every shot and making progress in the time it takes them to recharge. It gets a little harder as they realize the threat we pose to their game, but we get to the final ramp. My Kraken's gotten charged up, so I activate it and swim ahead, managing to splat two chargers and keep the third away enough for the match to run out. (Never saw the .96 again, but I imagine my teammates were taking care of them.)
We ended up covering most of the map and getting pretty decent scores, which felt pretty satisfying after the attempted threat.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
@Dessgeega I'm now beginning to understand your pain. I had only encountered squid parties before when I was accidentally trampling through them, but now I'm seeing more of this kind.
A party at gun point isn't a party, it's a hostage situation. This was a lunatic with a gun demanding civilians come out and dance with him while his friends wait above with sniper rifles to take out anyone who didn't obey. Without the context of squid partying, it feels like a Batman villain.
They tried to threaten in you into partying at gunpoint?

...Really?

I'm genuinely stunned. I may have a rep as the party-hating guy, but that is inexcusable. A giant thumbs up on coming out on top over these jerks, including the one on your team.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
There's a good deal of salt mixed in with this, but this post is a bit like fries-It's the salt put on it before hand that makes it really satisfying.

I've mentioned my issues with chargers trying to be turfers before, and this had continued a bit in recent matches: One charger ran below perches at Camp Triggerfish to try to ink up (and came out with zero splats), another kept firing down the path to the right on Moray Towers and left everyone thinking they would cover it. (they didn't. I had to get them halfway through the match)
So when I was held back from leaving the spawn point by an Eliter trying to charge up a path, I didn't really have high hopes for the rest of the match.
(If Inklings could express annoyance, that could have been hilarious. One Inkling saying "hold up guys lemme get in this sweet shot" while everyone else just yells at them to get out of the way)

The match progresses as usual. I'm trying to learn the Krak-On Splat Roller, and I'm not sure whether to practice with beakons or Kraken first. (I've got an idea of both, but not much of the skill. Kraken has been mostly for drawing lines and chasing people while I wait to get my roller back out again and actually splat them) So I ink up the usual trail down the ramps, figuring I might as well charge it up.

When I get to the bottom, there's a strange sight: Not much inked up, but the second I step in, three charger beams are locked onto me. Weird, but I guess that explains the lack of ink. I leap around and try to ink up a bit before being inevitable splatted, by the .96 gal. He stares forward, squidbags, and walks slowly away. I'm confused at the display, until I realize what's

My next trip down, I managed to get a little further. As I go around the side of the main ramp to get up a little more, hoping to take the shortcut up (but then getting in a little fight), I discover that my team has actually held a traitor: The same Eliter that was literally holding us back earlier had now decided to do so metaphorically. (Okay, they were just getting on the fun, but some of us are trying to play something else!)

It was incredibly frustrating, but as time went on, we remaining three managed to create enough of a force to actually begin to move forward. We pushed them back bit by bit up the ramp, dodging every shot and making progress in the time it takes them to recharge. It gets a little harder as they realize the threat we pose to their game, but we get to the final ramp. My Kraken's gotten charged up, so I activate it and swim ahead, managing to splat two chargers and keep the third away enough for the match to run out. (Never saw the .96 again, but I imagine my teammates were taking care of them.)
We ended up covering most of the map and getting pretty decent scores, which felt pretty satisfying after the attempted threat.
Wow, that's weird. That's a genuine reason not to like squid parties.
I've only squid partied in one lobby before, and I had fun. Of course, the first battle where it started I was confused and got splatted for trying to break it up (then once more when I was trying to party), but after that it was smooth sailing (until some non-partiers got in the lobby).
*tries to think of a brag worthy event* I get decent splats by getting up in their face

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet

That is not a squid partier, that is a complete ****. This actually leads me to another story.

I started another alt to try and reach S or S+ as quickly as possible, and the middle ranks are trash. In B I always had a team that didn't know what to do, and was fighting a level 50 e-liter that would not miss a single shot! Back to the story.

On both tower control on ancho-v and rainmaker on port my team was being completely obliterated the entire match. At one point in both I tried to make a push alone only to be splated by some **** that decided to squidbag! I don't know what it was, but in both matches my team came back and beat them! It was perfect! It proves that jerks fail at life, so always be a good person, and also…LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Pretty sure I've beaten/reached my personal best rank, at S+ 58. I was using the Hero Roller Replica on Walleye Warehouse and Bluefin Depot Rainmaker. Funny how those two maps are radically different in Rainmaker (one favors and encourages quick and risky plays while the other is extremely hard to break through).

More often than not, my K/D was negative, but that was because I kept picking up the Rainmaker and rushing in/resetting it. I had a handful of matches where the enemy kept us on lockdown the whole match only for us to make a comeback in the ~5 seconds. But man, wins awarding only 3 points and losses making you lose 5 is rough. I just really want to make it to S+ 99!

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
This week @birdiebee and I made it to S+ and last night we squadded almost exclusively against S+s.

We didn't do very well on the first rotation we tried but in Splat zones AnchoV and Triggerfish we definitely won a majority of our games, with a good amount of crazy comebacks and knockouts.

Woo!! It's great cause neither of us have ever been the kind of squids to think we're above our rank, in fact I thought that surely we'd get rekt in S+ squads. No! ^_^

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Got a triple kill with one inkzooka shot, that I had actually timed perfectly. I've gotten a triple kill by sheer lucky timing before, but getting a calculated one like that was really satisfying. It felt like time had slowed down, and I could just see the perfect shot, and I took it. It was in the warehouse, had a charger on the large crate on their side of the main central area, and two others approaching. Got the two on the ground, and the charger up top.

I would not mind getting four kills with one shot, but that will have to wait, or probably never happen. :p

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Two fun moments on my way back to S-
An idler at our spawn turned into a disconnect. With collective groans, our team decided we might as well try anyways-and got a knockout, with some pretty heavy map coverage. (I ended with 11/3-Not sure how I managed that!)

You know that high platform near the zone on Moray Towers? Someone was on top of that and was firing an inkzooka, but their back was turned to our spawn. So I figured I might as well try to distract them, since I was as good as dead if they saw me. I got to the ramp just behind it (where the gap was still between us) and took up flicking them. They never realized where I was, since why would you try to flick a Carbon Roller across a gap like that, and I discovered that it takes three long-range flicks of a Carbon Roller to take someone out.

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
I'm back. With stuff I am proud of.

Port Rain Maker.
I don't remember my squad, enemy squad: 96, E Litre, Carbon, Dynamo
Me: H3 D

They wipe my team and are making their casual stroll to the Dunk spot. I spawn about 3 seconds before my team and go in and...get a quad? With no Inkzooka? Feels good man. Right after this wipe, my team gets organized and start our counter attack. I rush in and...get a triple!? What is this madness? We win by KO.

Next, Museum Zones.
Me: Splatterscope

Krak-On does what a Krak-On does and activates le Kraken at some point. I don't know how I kept track of their Special timer, but I got a frame perfect snipe. Frame 1 of no more invincibility, and they were dead. We won that round too, but I was amazed. Never done that before.

SurrealSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
I don't know how I kept track of their Special timer, but I got a frame perfect snipe. Frame 1 of no more invincibility, and they were dead. We won that round too, but I was amazed. Never done that before.
That once happened to me too in kelp dome. A kraken was chasing me. Before I knew what I was doing, I stood with my back against the wall charging a shot. Just as I randomly release the button, the kraken runs out and I manage to snipe the guy who was less than half a meter away from me. I think we were both equally amazed. I acted completely spontaneously, and it somehow worked out.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Any match I do well with the Tempered Dynamo is always a huge surprise for me-Despite the fact that the kit is one of my favorites, my first time with Dynamos made me feel so out of place with them that I'm always shocked that I can actually be pretty good with them now.
This match, my teammates had been doing great, but we had lost our grip on things, and the tower was headed for an area heavily covered in their ink, though moving in jerks with all the action going on. I launched myself repeatedly at the tower's path, hoping to get something done, before realizing I could still make it there if I took the long way around and snuck behind. I swung around to try to clear up the field a bit, and between that and the surprise attack, I managed to open it up enough that my teammates could cover up the rest of the field and move the tower almost to a knockout!

And this was a petty victory, but still quite enjoyable. I got splatted by a Dual Squelcher who squidbagged me as soon as they knew it would be seen. They got really into it, too-Jumped all over the place like it was a dance, and in a Ranked match at that. I was ticked, but I didn't want to squidbag back. I actually had a recent fit of squidbagging when hitting someone that was hard to splat or just a pain (salt from other situations helped spur it along), and I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be so immature again. So, instead, I just focused on trying to do the absolute best I could.
Despite them having the better range, they stuck around on the floor of the Dome, and I was able to get the jump on them a number of times. Sometimes we traded, sometimes I splatted without a scratch, but there was no more squidbagging between us. The one time they did splat me before I could leave a mark, a charger on my team took them out right afterwards.

My team won, and our final tallies: Dual Squelcher-15/13, Me-15/11.

It was more satisfying than any taunt would ever be.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I don't know how I kept track of their Special timer, but I got a frame perfect snipe. Frame 1 of no more invincibility, and they were dead. We won that round too, but I was amazed. Never done that before.
One time on Bluefin rainmaker I was using basic e-liter and just trying to clean up a little of our raised area next to mid. I don't know why or how, but I charged a shot and splatted somebody in a lake of their ink! I was astounded and didn't know what they were doing lounging on our side, but I got them! Don't know if we won but it was pretty funny for about 20 seconds. The funniest part was that I was doing a really bad job of sniping in the match too.

SurrealSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
So, have I ever mentioned that the splatterscope is one of my favorite weapons? You can probably tell by my profile picture. The match I just had is proof to me that it is staying strong.
It was Ancho-V tower control. The game went very smoothly and I had a K/D of 16-2, which was pretty good.
The best part was the end of the match though. Our team got overtime, but a kraken was about to go on the tower. I sniped it off, but a Luna blaster trades with my teammate on the tower. I see two other enemies about to rush the tower, and then I notice I have a bomb rush charged. I activate the bomb rush, swim like a madsquid and throw some bombs on top of the tower before swimming up it. I have no idea how I managed to do it, but the 2 enemies trying to swim up the tower got splatted and I rode the tower towards the last 2 points we needed, getting the lead.
One of the best moments in my Splatoon career so far.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
So I have a losing streak in the RainMaker Rotation, and I'm at S-0. Deciding to switch gears, and weapons, I put on the Splatterscope, and won six matches in a row, all with decent K/D's. Now I'm back at S-30, and still struggling to get to S+.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Today, I learned that if you jump and tilt back just right, you can actually send a Seeker over the top of a ramp in the Kelp Dome.

I learned this in a match where the RM got popped just near the top of the others teams ramp, and was able to stop someone from picking it up.

That was fun.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Nine wins in a row! Yeaaaaaah! I squadded with a friend for seven and then took on ranked while I was pumped for two more! S 73, getting closer! That gave me hope for the Cherry H-3, because pairing my friend's H-3 with my Custom Jet CLEANED UP.

Also, one of those matches was a shining example of why my annoying playstyle works, hehehe. Saltspray Rig Splat Zones, I'm up on my happy perch, and various opponents all try shooting upwards to murder me, shooting and throwing bombs. They got so focused on me that my allies walked up and splatted them. This happened five times! Congratulations fellas, not only did you fail to take out the irritating camper but you got shot in the back while you were preoccupied :D

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Three games in a row of people not knowing how to use the Splattershot Pro, so I decided to bust mine out and show 'em how it's done. Sure enough, I end up on a nice little winning streak (after a slight setback), and I end up in the top half of my teams in both kills and turf inked. Said winning streak also played host to one of the tightest non-Splatfest matches I've played so far. While I'll admit it was mostly because my team was struggling to push them back, I must also admit that I felt damn good being the one leading the counter-push.

I'm not one to call myself a master, but those ProShot Posers better step their game up.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
The other day on Blackbelly Skatepark Splat Zones S+ (as a Dynamo), my team got into overtime to try to take a 20 point lead + some penalty points. I think the enemies panicked because we were able to very slowly get the points we needed. If one of our teammates got splatted, someone else was immediately there for damage control. I don't think we had more than one splatted team member at any time. I'm certain that we came very close to losing overtime to neutral zones quite a few times, but somehow we made it though after possibly the longest successful overtime I've ever played. That was really intense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom