The Bragging Thread

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Flounder Heights Rainmaker, Tempered Dynamo, S. The match had just begun and my team popped the Rainmaker's bubble. Seeing that two members of the enemy team were down (one of them thanks to me), I picked up the Rainmaker and advanced a little at the top of the buildings before dropping so that I could make a beeline to the ramp near the goal. On the way there, a Gal (not sure which type) dropped down and ignored me completely, seemingly going for a splat on someone behind me. So I pretty much was able to get a knockout immediately with nobody ever attacking me. Not sure if that's brag-worthy or just a case of the enemy team having a really bad day.

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
:confused:o_O

Are you sure you're not using a Custom Kelp from Sheldon's Picks Pack 2 or something? I'm not so sure you can bomb a squid with a sprinkler. Not without a LOT of damage up anyway ;)

But yeah, I know that feeling, I've been getting the triple + 1 often these days myself :) Except usually my team decides to go check the spawn for backdoor invaders at the time I do it so it nets us nothing :p
I always forget the regular one isn't called Kelp. I'm so used to calling them both Kelp because it's shorter than Splatterscope. Been rather lucky with team mates the past few days, so!

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I always forget the regular one isn't called Kelp. I'm so used to calling them both Kelp because it's shorter than Splatterscope. Been rather lucky with team mates the past few days, so!
LOL, ahh Splat Charger (yeah, it's a mouthful :P )

I used to love that one, then got into unscoped eliters, then got into scoped eliters then they *$*#$@ nerfed them and increased the range of splatterscope to be almost what unscoped eliter used to be, charges faster, moves faster, and is more ink efficient, so I made the switch to (scoped) splatterscope :)

I was fairly lucky the other day with teammates for the first time in a long time. Then some awful ones, then some good ones again. I didn't gain as much as I should have but I at least gained points for the first time in a long time.

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
I don't know how, but today was my best E Litre game of life. Rainmaker at Mall and Camp, so you know the drill. Except my scores were higher than I've ever gotten with an E Litre.

I use the Custom variant, so no bombs for me.

15 - 3, 14 - 3, 13 - 2, all in a row (we won all those games). I got a quad for the first time ever using this weapon. I will probably never play this well with this weapon again, but for one moment, I was that E Litre. The one where you see the laser and hope it wasn't locked onto you the entire time.

Award

I don't know how, but today was my best E Litre game of life. Rainmaker at Mall and Camp, so you know the drill. Except my scores were higher than I've ever gotten with an E Litre.

I use the Custom variant, so no bombs for me.

15 - 3, 14 - 3, 13 - 2, all in a row (we won all those games). I got a quad for the first time ever using this weapon. I will probably never play this well with this weapon again, but for one moment, I was that E Litre. The one where you see the laser and hope it wasn't locked onto you the entire time.
Aww, that brings back nostalgia. I remember when I went 20/3 with CEliter in Mall. That was pre-nerf. Such glories shall never happen again :( And I've mostly moved onto splatterscope post nerf :(

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
Splatzones Blackbelly.
Our N-Zap 85 disconnected a little before mid-match leaving our team at a disadvantage...or so I thought. Surprisingly, we zealously kept the zones at neutral for until the last 30 seconds of the match where they pushed our team back and reclaimed the zones. I respawn, splat the dual squelcher, and then traded with a bomb-rushing splattershot where then my teammates take back the zones securing our victory.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Managed 16/7 with my :wst_roller_compact01: in Ancho-V TC. I think it's the first time I manage to get more than twice as many splats as splatteds, and I feel like I'm getting a real handle on Ancho-V. Really getting into the swing of things, if you will. (every phrase I came up with was a roller pun on accident so I just left it)

Award

Splatzones Blackbelly.
Our N-Zap 85 disconnected a little before mid-match leaving our team at a disadvantage...or so I thought. Surprisingly, we zealously kept the zones at neutral for until the last 30 seconds of the match where they pushed our team back and reclaimed the zones. I respawn, splat the dual squelcher, and then traded with a bomb-rushing splattershot where then my teammates take back the zones securing our victory.
TOTALLY OT But I think I played either with or against (or both I had one account on Fancy, two on Costume and saw a lot of players on both sides) you during the last Splatfest! The name PK Lag rang a bell as I got quite a laugh out of it when I saw of it.... both due to the lag state of the splatfest and I'm relating it to the sound of "PK Thunda!" in the process :)
Managed 16/7 with my :wst_roller_compact01: in Ancho-V TC. I think it's the first time I manage to get more than twice as many splats as splatteds, and I feel like I'm getting a real handle on Ancho-V. Really getting into the swing of things, if you will. (every phrase I came up with was a roller pun on accident so I just left it)
I've recently started playing around with carbon deco after getting trashed by it often recently. I hung up my vanilla carbon a while back, but with the seeker buffs, deco can be quite good now! :)

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I had just thrown out a Seeker ahead when I realized a Kraken was charging for my zone. I ducked down, hoping I could get lucky-and watched in awe as the Kraken thought I was swimming behind it and turned around to go chase it.
I seemed to have a lot of lucky dodges last session-Managed to get below a Splash Wall before it activated twice, around a Killer Wail just as it went off, and actually splatted someone I touched while rolling (what do you call it with Carbon Rollers?) because when they popped up to get me, they were facing the wrong way.

Seekers and lucky misses-They'd probably make up the entirety of a Splatoon Highlight Reel for me.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I don't know the extent to which this was heroic and the extent to which it was just silly, but... in Bluefin TC, we were leading with 45 points but they had a strong push going. I respawned, swam to the direction from which the Tower was coming and first fired at it (probably Custom Range Blaster) but then, for some reasons that definitely made sense at the time, felt the need to jump on when there was a Dynamo aboard (I think that they were literally at 45 points at that moment so it was all I could do to halt the Tower). Something happened, something else happened, the enemy team swarmed around but didn't quite make it up the Tower or take me out, the Dynamo unsuccessfully tried to roll me over and I got the Tower moving back to the centre, the Dynamo eventually falling into the water at the point where the Tower moves vertically. We won the game!

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
TOTALLY OT But I think I played either with or against (or both I had one account on Fancy, two on Costume and saw a lot of players on both sides) you during the last Splatfest! The name PK Lag rang a bell as I got quite a laugh out of it when I saw of it.... both due to the lag state of the splatfest and I'm relating it to the sound of "PK Thunda!" in the process :)
Whoa really? I was on Costume but I don't remember any of my teammates or opponents during that time... :b Heh glad you got a kick out of my ign.

This was a while ago, but I was a vanilla Roller on TC Walleye and we were in overtime with the enemy team leading. Right when we were about to take the lead, two of my mates died on the Tower leaving me trapped in enemy ink. I threw a Suction Bomb on the Tower out of desperation and managed to trade with 3 of the enemy squids while my last teammate jumped to the tower and took the lead.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
During Turf War on Piranha Pit as a Kraken, I dropped down from one of the conveyor belts, falling right on top of three enemies who were huddled together. Immediately after, I caught the fourth player unawares and splatted them as well.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Sorry for posting again so soon, but umm… Museum d’Alfonsino, Splat Zones. I just survived two exactly simultaneous Killer Wails with Inkzooka shots flying about. Let me tell you, seeing two Killer Wails in a cross shape being used at the exact same time while knowing that someone on the enemy team is using an Inkzooka too is kind of panic-inducing. I only managed to get away with a swift jump. In another match on the same map and mode, I got a 8/1 K/D win (S+).

Also, not so much an accomplishment as much as a funny moment: me and a Gold Dynamo user who didn’t seem too good with the weapon were rolling straight toward each other. Think Testfire days, back when people said rollers were OP. Almost every roller user squished each other constantly, never thinking that backing up and/or flicking was an option. As weird as it might sound, I really miss that weird "since we’ve made eye contact, I guess we’re bound to trade by rolling each other over; there’s no other option, might as well keep rolling forward" feeling. But anyway, I survived the encounter by activating my Kraken at the last second. Man, I would pay actual money to see footage of my Testfire prowess.

SurrealSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
Man, I would pay actual money to see footage of my Testfire prowess.
Oh man, footage from the global testfire... It hurts my eyes to watch that now.
But the two rollers bumping against each other happened to me a lot too back when I was just a C rank noob and the game was out for barely two weeks or so. I honestly found it pretty funny.
"CHAAAARGE!" "I'M GONNA GET YOU!"
*splat each other*

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
#1) Went 24-8 in S rank TC using CB a couple days ago. Not the greatest, but it's a new PB for me (last PB was 22-7). Also, we definitely would have lost if I didn't continuously wipe the enemy team on the tower over and over lol. Tfw your teammates can't aim, and you see them shoot at every part of the Tower except for the enemy.

#2) An old story, but I forgot to post about it and it's pretty good:
Mahi Mahi TC. Game's about to end and we're going to lose. Enemy team made it to 1 while we didn't move the tower at all. Though we got them off before they KO'd, they respawned and managed to make a 2nd run on the tower with the game winding up.

I'm at spawn so I can't get on the tower, since the 5 second countdown is already starting. I think to myself: "yeah my teammates won't get on it either, as usual, even though they're close enough." So I just sit at spawn, sad, and ready to lose.

All of a sudden I see two enemy icons die. One of my teammates wiped the 2 who were on the tower at the very very last second. The tower's currently around that area over the grates in front of your "snipe" platform, the one with the ramp. I look up and I see the killer teammate on that snipe platform as well.

"2...1..."

I can see him from spawn making a leap of faith, in squid form (blue colour). And just as the big ONE message pops up and is near its end, "You control the Tower!" also pops up!!!

I'm in shock, yet obviously ecstatic as well due to the clutch high-effort play. So I quickly swim out to try and make something happen.

Well, it's all a blur after that. But I suppose the rest of the team got motivated too, since we went from getting dominated the entire game to wiping the enemy team twice and bubbling at the end to secure the win.

The scores made no sense lol. We averaged like 4-12 as a whole while the enemy team had pretty much the reverse numbers. It just goes to show that teamwork > K/D ratios, lol.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Yesterday, I was suffering a losing streak in RainMaker, untill I basically went, "OK Screw this."
I used the Custom Range Blaster, and ended up getting tons of kills with Kraken and the weapon itself.
I also made several comebacks in RainMaker as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom