• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Bragging Thread

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
My first day on Turf Wars (I finished Hero Mode first) I got about 1200 average with about 4 splats a game just using the Custom Splattershot Jr. and got 10 for my vibe meter. Now, I average around 800-900 and have trouble getting a streak of 6.

Oatsy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DaOtmel
My first day on Turf Wars (I finished Hero Mode first) I got about 1200 average with about 4 splats a game just using the Custom Splattershot Jr. and got 10 for my vibe meter. Now, I average around 800-900 and have trouble getting a streak of 6.
Other people get better

Oatsy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DaOtmel
I was learning how to use Tentatek Splattershot and Tower Control on my alt, then the other 3 people on my team dc'd, leaving me to 1v4, and I still won.

Looks like it was 1v3 :p

Still amazing though

Calden

Inkling
Teamed up with a friend over Skype for the first time over the weekend. Had a particularly epic moment whilst playing on Moray Towers. Let my friend know that I had a Killer Wail ready, and to let me know if he needed help. H was making a push towards the enemy spawn, whilst I was mopping up a recent push from the enemy.

He lets me know he's pinned down at the bottom of a wall, with two people above him. I look up, and see three specks in the distance fighting. Line up my killer wail and lend him a long-range supporting shot from the opposite side of the map. I expected to just force them back to allow him to make headway. Instead, they both die and he's able to complete his push unopposed.

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
It would be really cool if the devs patched in a high score tracker. Either generic, or one for each weapon.

Anyway, bragging.

Yesterday, I was in splat zones at Urchin Underpass. The enemy team had taken the zone first at the beginning of the game, and they held onto it. They didn't lose it a single time the whole match, and they had my team held up at the middle choke-point where there's that little ramp with the two tiny boxes.

They must've been at 20 points, when we were still at 100, and I took my Krak-On Roller over the tiny jump at the little mesh bridge on the right of the spawn, and dropped down from the glass cliff into the center. I rolled around in the zone for a while, and their entire team wasn't watching, because they were destroying my team at the ramp, time and time again. (although admittedly i'd done the same thing a few times)

They lost the zone. 100 to 1 and they lost the zone. We took it shortly after.

The enemy team finally left my team alone and chased after me, to which I answered with a kraken, splatting two of them. We lost the zone a few times, and they even took it back once or twice, but we kept covering their ink until overtime came. You know how the rest goes. We won with a knockout. Couldn't stop laughing for a good five minutes.

What a match.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Last match I had at Arowana Mall today, I managed not only to get into the enemy base within the last minute but also keep them busy for a good long time while my teammates were busy taking over the other areas of the map. While I did eventually get splatted by an Inkzooka, it was already too late for them to recover enough turf to even the score. This is especially impressive for me because I usually don't get to head to their base (and when I do they usually catch on and splat me quickly).

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
1824 points in Turf War. Kelp Dome is hands down my favorite turf map.

KokillueRus

get MEMED on squiddo
NNID
DusKoki
Was using the Aeropsray MG for the first time in a long time today. The map was Moray Towers, and my whole team neglected the slopes that come down from spawn so I was all. OKAY. Guess I'll clean this up. I charged up my Inkzooka pretty fast, so I think "ehh, I suppose I'll just use it now. I can get another special by the time I get to mid."

I use it, start spamming it in the general direction of the center of the map and SOMEHOW IDK HOW, I manage to snipe someone at mid, which is like miles and miles below me.

IT'S JUST FUNNY thinking of someone minding their business and exploding out of nowhere, then getting angry as their camera pans all the way to the top of the map to some loser that unintentionally sniped them. feelsgoodman

Manta

Senior Squid
my team was doing really crappy in turf war so I was just like "Screw it, I'm charging their base!". I got 7 kills and 0 deaths in the last minute and a half of the match when I was in their elevated area (in bluefin) with no support whatsoever.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
My team managed to pull a victory out of our collective butts in Bluefin Depot when I finished playing today. For most of the match they had pretty much dominated us (and their chargers were making good use of their weapons). It was only because we still pushed forward and I got in a few lucky shots with my Custom Jet Squelcher that we got 45.5% to their 44.0%. Pretty inkredible, I have to say!

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
7 kills 0 death on splat zones in a very fast win. Got 3 kills with one Suction Bomb.

And why I have not seen the dark like that is Ninja Squid until now is beyond me. Loving that ability at the moment.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
About to Brag about a loss. Only got three players in tower mode, but we gave them hell and were 10 points from taking the lead. We loss via time up and no knockout. I am not sure if I got -1 points in that game because we lost a player or because my team was just that amazing in that game. Probaly my funnest loss in this game so far.

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
Turf Wars

Kraken Roller

My team had 3 vs 4.

I had the high score, 1310, 6 kills 1 death

I splatted a roller on the enemy team so many times I felt bad about it.

We won by 1%, we had 43.6% they had 42 somethin'.

This was also right at the buzzer before a stage change and this put me at SO HAWT!! in time to collect the reward.

That was pretty cool. I'm ready for Splatfest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom