• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Bragging Thread

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
I just threw away a shot at getting A+ in 10hrs 20 mins on a new account only two games after hitting level 20

I did so by superjumping to a teammate (which is a thing I always say never to do)
I lost to a team of four rollers (which is usually an automatic win)
We got down to 3 pts right from the start and then proceeded to slowly lose

This, I think, is the single hardest, most egregious throw in the history of Splatoon

rue

Inkster Jr.
2026pts on the losing team (kelp dome), no picture unfortunately since my el gato wasn't working and I couldn't find my phone, but you could ask @Eclipse to confirm LMAO
low elo lobby tho ;/

Azure J

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AzureJay89
Had a personal best score in Turf Wars on Kelp Dome 2 days ago with a final point score of 1774 after absorbing some ideas from a few JPN players regarding gear load outs for Inkbrush usage and general shenanigans with sprinklers. Then yesterday, after a particularly long and demoralizing day of matches with Team NeoGAF, I played some sets to cool down thinking I was garbage tier at the game and went 12-0 on Blackbelly Skatepark with 1300 points.

The more I feel bad, the better I play.

How does this work? :lol

Shroomsy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shroomsy
I once went 14-2, 1450 on kelp dome
...in a match where three of my teammates disconnected at the start

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Got 21-8 in ranked, not a fabulous score but considering the rest of my team together got 2 kills (between the 3 of them) and died at least 8 times each I'd say I did a pretty good carry even though we lost by 2 seconds. I was wondering the whole match where the hell my team was and only racked up the last 4-5 deaths as by the end of it the opposing team was making it their mission to take me out when I re-spawned instead of bothering to cover territory.

Kaliafornia

NNID
Kaliafornia
I just threw away a shot at getting A+ in 10hrs 20 mins on a new account only two games after hitting level 20

I did so by superjumping to a teammate (which is a thing I always say never to do)

This, I think, is the single hardest, most egregious throw in the history of Splatoon
Lol don't beat yourself up over it. If it looked like a secure jump and your teammates just happened to get overtaken as you got there its not your fault. While I tend not to super jump anymore neither since I traded stealth jump for ink resistance I will only do so on certain maps when I know there is less enemies on the field and it would take them longer to get to the position and there is no one close for their players to super jump to.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Joined a streamers room. Went ham.

Bottom of pic cut out due to facecam. I was 21-0 at the last second but I was greedy.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
So right as I'm about to kill this guy, he activated Bubbler. I was cornered and had nowhere to go, so I basically gave up and started mashing X and LZ while hopping in a circle, flopping around like a Magikarp. Turns out I'm a goddamn superhero because I dodged every shot until his Bubbler ended, at which point I killed him and kept mashing that floppy Magikarp teabag on his corpse.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x

Did you have a specific loadout you used, such as stacked quick super jumps?

Travelingpik

Full Squid
NNID
travelingpik
Me (A) and a few of other players (between A and A-) beat a team of 3 A+ and one other rank, I think A-. Felt good. Granted I went A+ 20 minutes later.

Kaliafornia

NNID
Kaliafornia
Greatest thing just happened in Bluefin depot. I was using a 3K on one of the outer ledges on the side and I saw a roller come over from their side. I couldnt hit it and it just reached its special. So I splatted a path and ran. I jumped off the ledge onto the splat zone area and was being chased by the kraken at this point managed to crawl up the center area, and make a u turn. Still was being followed. At this point I was cornered and with my last bit of ink splatted him. It was glorious.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
One time on Saltspray Rig as I was defending the zone, there was a sniper on the skinny ledges right above it. He was sort of hard to get to, so I threw a Splat Bomb up there and I actually managed to make it land on that narrow ledge and I splatted him. It was great.

Inkoishi

The Closed Eyes of Love
NNID
DokiDokiKoishi
Got a match where my ratio was 20/6 in splat zones today with Gold Dynamo

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I was in a team which dominated the other team in Blackbelly Skatepark. That sounds nice and all, except at the last second the connection went haywire and dropped five guys from the match. I was the only one on my team to survive! If that is not a lucky break I don't know what is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom