• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Back on Moray Towers.

Back to getting onto enemy turf, on their tower.

Back to calling my team. This way!

No one comes...and all of my team but me get splatted.

I then realize...

DEJA VU

I HAVE BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE

HIGHER UP I INK

AND I KNOW ITS MY PLACE TO GOOO!

WHERE ARE YOU?

I HAVE CALLED MY TEAM HERE 'THIS WAY!'

ONLY NOW TO SEE

THAT THEY ARE ALL GONE AGAIN

WoooaaAAAH!

(I'm sorry but this is killing me...)

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
Is it just me, or do the stores have like no options? Okay, I bought gear yesterday, waited until midnight to see my new selection... of basically the same exact 15 items, give or take a few. I know there's a lot more one-star gear than what I've seen, both in stores and in battle, and it has been confirmed that everything is returning... unless 90% of the gear is Splatnet exclusive...

Grrrrrrrrrrrr
The stock seems to rotate at midnight, and you can order stuff off the app. The app has several random items that are up for a seemingly random amount of time each, so check every few hours there and you should see a slew of new items (of course you can only order limited items at a time)

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
As someone who plays with every weapon, I'm really diggin Salmon's mechanic of provided weapons and switching them after each wave.

HOWEVER
, when the rest of your crew lacks a multi-weapon discipline skillset it shows!

One wave you're going three or four times your quota, then the next wave I'm reduced to a healer and casting phoenix down bubbles with a blaster the entire time, or the blaster user takes on everything in melee range, or the slosher is constantly running out of ink.

Can't wait to see what happens when we're provided a charger!

And I really need to stop jumping down to ground level at the start of a wave, then get alerted the tide is coming in...

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
So I've had a super great Salmon Run experience so far. We've had a few team wipes due to literally being overrun by like 5 bosses, but almost all my teammates have been great so far. Here's hoping it stays good.

For my little bit of salt, it feels bad (but also a bit good) when you are the only thing between your team winning and losing. I've lost a ton of matches where I singlehandedly hold the map down, only to get ganged up on by two or three enemies at once and proceed to see my teammates's squids get blacked out and we lose. Again, it's only a little salt since it means I am playing very well. Though it also means my road to level 10 is taking longer and longer, and I really want to jump into ranked. I am 9 at least, but it will take a while, and it's hard to get the weapon fresh bonuses when I can't win consistently.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Nothing to see here, move along.

Last edited:

wereyoshi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
wereyoshi
Switch Friend Code
SW-1149-3763-7213
Well, after playing for a decent bit

I have to say, I'm not really annoyed more so..disappointed. It doesn't look like the Inkbrush made it in at all, and I really hate using the octobrush so I guess I'll need to figure out a new weapon or two to use.
Here's some good news for you. From nintendo uk's twitter , "The Inkbrush arrives in #Splatoon2 tomorrow morning as a free update! #NintendoSwitch".

Last edited:

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
I hate the new ranked system. Specifically, the display. A progress bar with cracks that appear when you lose? What the hell was wrong with numbers? This isn't intuitive at all! ""If it breaks you'll keep your current rank provided the meter was above the middle line" WHAT !$@@#$@#ING MIDDLE LINE!? It doesn't show in the lobby where it DAMN WELL SHOULD, players should be able to see the minimum needed to maintain rank! What moron thought up this crap!?!?

(I might be salty because of truly idiotic teammates. I don't care that we won, if the two of you zerg rush in and die simultaneously around 14 times, DO SOMETHING ELSE!!!)
Ranked is pretty bad atm... the main problem is the fact that ALL players are starting from scratch again. So anything from S+ to C- are being forced to play together which makes ranked extremely luck based on how your team is going to perform. I've had a lot of people trying to 1 vs the world in ranked and they spend the entire game getting steamrolled because of it. That makes it incredibly difficult to win a match when the opponents have a stacked team. I have also had the opposite where we dominated the opponents super fast. It's going to be a rough couple of weeks for ranked to say the least.

I usually start my games off super aggressive just to see how both teams react. If I can play extremely aggressive and my team will play the objective then that is usually my way I like to play. However, if I have trouble with the opponents (trouble approaching, out-ranging, etc...) then I will play more passive and work with my team so that we can attack accordingly. Sort of a respect is earned not given thing I guess.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Mrgrgr!

I've should've kept low longer.

Playing the single player campaign at my own pace but others won't shut up about story details. Should probably try and blind speed run the rest of the campaign then just take my time going back over stages...

Also, what was I thinking—double +5 charger with starter gear only?! Numbskull training is what it is! Oh~ it's goin be a long while to unlock everything, even when I someday unlock ranked mode.

And to top it all off, my left joycon really is randomly de-syncing, causing my inkling to just suddenly run off in random directions like she has something better to do!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Just getting the 5 minute wait penalty for having connection errors that seem "Prrrreeety Suspicious" to the game....that leaves me salty enough.

Yes game, I know. My connection is iffy durring some hours. Yes- that must be suspicious that I got errors AT THE START OF A MATCH. *Sigh*

Maybe they can fix this a little better? I hope...

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I miss the old Inkbrush. At least with that you could fire off an Inkstrike every 30 seconds or so to make up for the fact that the main weapon sucks. Here it's just... meh.

Also holy crap, Salmon Run gets very unforgiving at times. Basically any time a Flyfish shows up it'll be there for basically the entire wave unless you and a buddy get lucky and score a double bomb throw the instant it opens up its missile tanks... which doesn't happen often, because you'll be so focused on trying to deal with everything else that you'll not know it's even there until the missiles start raining down.

Come to think of it, pretty much any time you have to deal with more than one Boss Salmonid is a real pain, simply because they don't die quickly enough to let you focus on the rest of them. This is only really an issue in the 3rd and (later half of the) 2nd waves, when the smaller Salmonids start coming in droves, but it's no less irritating in wave 1.

Speaking of droves, virtually every Glowfly event I've been in has resulted in a crew wipe. They just become too much to handle unless you've got the Splatling, and even that won't help you get the Golden Eggs any easier.

CM86

Pro Squid
Okay I have to rant about something else concerning salmon run. Also, please let me know if this has happened to you yet. I ended up in a salmon run match BY MYSELF. Okay I get it. They decrease the number of golden eggs you need the less players there are. But that doesn't help because its seems like the number of enemies still come at the same rate as if it was a whole squad. I was fuming mainly because my ranking went down still. I like the mode a lot though, don't get me wrong.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Well, I guess it's best to get a super bad Splatoon session out of the way. It was bound to happen. I start with Salmon Run, play five rounds of that where I can't complete one because of the difficulty (200 percent is hard!) and weapon comp. (the current weapon comp for Salmon Run with the Splatling, Octobrush, Dualies, and Roller is very iffy)

Go onto turf to try and play around with some newer weapons and level up, I have one great match and proceed to have a string of lousy ones, and on top of that it took forever to get back into the action because the lobbies would take forever to fill. I was stuck waiting in one for like 7 or 8 minutes straight. I need to chill a bit. :oops:

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE~
it's not a suppository!

Roomie discovered we CAN play at home, so now we're both level 4.

Things went better than expected, but I'm 99% sure half the squids I played with today belong in Rank. K/D ratios stayed in the positives (!!), even considering I haven't been able to play Sploon 1 in over a month, which pleased me immensely. HOWEVER, the several times I inked the most turf on my team, we still lost because everyone else was down in the kill box moshing with each other nonstop. Turf, y'all. It's about COVERING GROUND.

Gonna try Salmon Run tomorrow night with an old acquaintance who's been having a rough couple years of it lately. Wish me luck =p

ZosDaddyO

Inkster Jr.
Speaking of droves, virtually every Glowfly event I've been in has resulted in a crew wipe. They just become too much to handle unless you've got the Splatling, and even that won't help you get the Golden Eggs any easier.
Yea me and my friend figured out during to find a spot where they all just funnel in one direction and just rip through them.... unless your teammates lose their minds and run away like the glow flies are a swarm of bees. Or knock you into the water with the inkbrush.

ZosDaddyO

Inkster Jr.
Losing like this... the salt from this is only compounded with the salt of my tears of losing a rank right at the rotation
IMG_1810.PNG

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
So far the only good thing about the Stingray is that actually using it has the chance of making the opponents drop their controller in sheer uncontrolled laughing fits

Holy moly, that special is utter garbage. You know how with kraken people run away and then hunt you down as soon as you go back normal? With the Stingray it's the opposite- people actively start to hunt me down during it and then run away once the special is over. Even if you somehow master the limp noodle spray the ttk is so high it's not worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom