• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Joasa

Depressed Squid
Dealing:wst_shot_blaze00:with:wst_shot_blaze00:these:wst_shot_blaze00:every:wst_shot_blaze00:single:wst_shot_blaze00:freaking:wst_shot_blaze00:round

Seriously it's only 170 points to fill bomb rush... ugh its the worst. Bomb rush launcher really needs to have something done... its still practivally the same special while the rest of us are forced into the new "nerfed" specials which i will say are much much easier to counter. Ive splatted countless inkjets with an octobrush. This thing is the new bane of my existence. Calling for a nerf right now.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Why can't we skip the results screen? I don't give a flying **** about Judd's big dramatic reveal when my team gets obliterated and the game allows you to exit to the home menu the second the tape flies up, so let me just get on to the next damn match!

Last edited:

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Hey, guys...why do you all keep going at the choke points of the maps and get spawn camped? HEY- you could go This Way! TEAM! HEY! Is anyone paying attention...?! You could...you know, look at your map? Please?

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
Anyone who can't consistently get at LEAST 800 points needs to just quit or go back to Hello Kitty Island Adventure. I hate losing because the top 2 are myself and some rando with 1200+ points and the lower 2 have 300 and 400......ESPECIALLY when they don't even have a high kill count to balance it. Like hey, if you got 400p, but I see you splatted 10 enemies, clearly you did work of some sort to contribute to a win, but if sit at 300p with 0 kills and 0 specials launched...put your hands in a blender so you can't pollute the game with your bad anymore...

Okay don't actually do that, but get better please. I don't mind losing a good game, but getting stomped because of a bad or 2 sucks.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Sure, just give me the roller noob who doesn't know how to swim in ink, why the hell not. Clearly he'll be able to distract the enemy team long enough for us to get in a sneaky counterattack. CLEARLY :rolleyes:

Also, my attempts to warn my teammates about the guy in our base led them way from their spawncamp session just long enough for the enemy team to regroup and start spawncamping us back. Yeah, we brought it back in the end, but still. I feel such shame.

sunfallSeraph

Inkster Jr.
NNID
sunfallSeraph
I appreciate that the maps this time were designed to make it harder to spawn camp, but it fills me with untold salt as a roller main that the maps have instead become much more dueling-centric. I can wreck some turf if I have the space to do so, but when the opposing team pushes past mid, it feels like gg half the time. Rolling in that situation puts a huge target on my face, and my only recourse seems to be to hang around at the edge of our territory and flick uselessly until someone makes a play. The second I poke my head out I'm Splattershot food, and I'm not getting the drop on anyone when the enemy team has their eyes on every flank (I'm looking at you Art Academy).

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Hoo boi, the salt thread is bumping tonight, sorry everyone.

As for my own little bit of salt, please, Inkbrush mains, PLEASE, don't bring it with you into ranked modes. Every time I've seen one in ranked ( and turf wars to be honest...) it was always a handicap for their team. It may have been great in the first game, but when I can have so many come up from behind me, and start swishing away, and I still splat them, you need to think about changing things up a little. It's been just so consistently...bad from what I and others I've discussed it with have seen.

I really hate the be someone telling others how to play, but when I've lost so many matches or seen so many enemy teams have a wide opening thanks to their inkbrush user, I can't help but get frustrated.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
As for my own little bit of salt, please, Inkbrush mains, PLEASE, don't bring it with you into ranked modes. Every time I've seen one in ranked ( and turf wars to be honest...) it was always a handicap for their team. It may have been great in the first game, but when I can have so many come up from behind me, and start swishing away, and I still splat them, you need to think about changing things up a little. It's been just so consistently...bad from what I and others I've discussed it with have seen.
I main the inkbrush, and from what I can see...everyone's trying out the weapon for the first time, or from very little experience prior from the first game. Thing is, the Inkbrush feels easier to use now thanks to the Switch controllers and that trigger button. So now everyones jumping in on it. Why these new to brush users try to go into rank with it, I have little idea...as its takes ALOT of practice to know what to use, or even to know where to go with your inkbrush. Even worse on ranked.

In rank I just focus on taking out the ground enemy for tower control, protecting the Splatzone in...well, Splatzones. And Rainmaker- I will not touch. Very rarely. It never was too inkbrush friendly....IMO.

I think we just need to give these new Inkbrush users some time to realize what they should and shouldn't do. How long that will take however, is anyones guess.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I main the inkbrush, and from what I can see...everyone's trying out the weapon for the first time, or from very little experience prior from the first game. Thing is, the Inkbrush feels easier to use now thanks to the Switch controllers and that trigger button. So now everyones jumping in on it. Why these new to brush users try to go into rank with it, I have little idea...as its takes ALOT of practice to know what to use, or even to know where to go with your inkbrush. Even worse on ranked.

In rank I just focus on taking out the ground enemy for tower control, protecting the Splatzone in...well, Splatzones. And Rainmaker- I will not touch. Very rarely. It never was too inkbrush friendly....IMO.

I think we just need to give these new Inkbrush users some time to realize what they should and shouldn't do. How long that will take however, is anyones guess.
I was definitely just super frustrated last night, the salt was talking. I want people to be able to use what they want to use, because it keeps the meta more fun and interesting.

But I feel it does not change I really would not want to see one on my team in ranked at the moment if so few people can use it properly. And since I had a bit of a losing streak in ranked because I kept getting one on my team, and it just so happened to be rainmaker which like you said, is really bad for inkbrushes. The flow of the matches and results reflected that too.

ZosDaddyO

Inkster Jr.
I was definitely just super frustrated last night, the salt was talking. I want people to be able to use what they want to use, because it keeps the meta more fun and interesting.

But I feel it does not change I really would not want to see one on my team in ranked at the moment if so few people can use it properly. And since I had a bit of a losing streak in ranked because I kept getting one on my team, and it just so happened to be rainmaker which like you said, is really bad for inkbrushes. The flow of the matches and results reflected that too.
Well I was using my Inkbrush as my main on ranked the other night and I died a lot. I was in a twin squad ( or league or whatever it's called now) and I was testing out using quick revive for all my gear, and just running the rainmaker. it actually worked fairly well given the run speed and someone who knew what I was up to, and even better when the other two caught on. I can see how that could go horribly wrong without anyone knowing what I'm doing. (Although for some reason RainMaker last night, nobody seemed to know what they were doing.)

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
Anyone with joycon issues, I've felt your pain, I moved my switch up to on top of the counter my TV sits though and it seems to connect better. Remove the number of objects in the way and it strengthens the connection. And yeah I don't like the ranked thing, although I hated going up and down every match I think I'd hate to lose my progress all at once even more. It'll probably lead to a lot of salt in this thread.

And as probably stated beforehand, I will defend the stingray. Yes it's slow, and probably needs a quicker TTK but at least you can swim whilst using it, and it's always good to take a look around without firing before picking a spot to shoot from. Honestly it's best done from behind a wall, but tbh late in the game it's gonna be tough to kill anyone with the specials, their main job is getting people to move the way you want them to, and a stingray can definitely get a troublesome opponent out of an advantageous position as well as any tentamissiles.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
You know, my squid party curse hasn't really kicked in yet. I've yet to see any partiers. I kinda wish I did, that'd be preferable to the people who do NOTHING, particularly in Salmon Run. Don't hide in the corner with a full charge! Don't just walk forward! I don't care if you just hold down ZR, DO SOMETHING!

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I'm starting to think that very few people play Turf War, it takes a lotta time to round up the players and they tend to range from lvl 5 to lvl 30. At that point my place in the whole game ends up feeling insignificant because either you're gonna get carried by your team or the opposing team trounces you with no chance of recovery. In once such games of the latter category where i was trying out the Heavy, i got backed up in the corner and a guy decided to put me down in style and tried to do a splashdown to finish me off. it failed, because all their other teammates suddenly ambushed me in the back before the guy could finish his attack. It was murder in ways i could not imagine.
If only i still had the kraken instead of the stinkray grumble grumble

Case in point, once i finally lost my way to unlocking Ranked Mode i started getting 10 splats on average(and the ones that didn't were because it ended in a KO), with a new record of 32 in one rainmaker game. Either everyone's playing Ranked or the matchmaking in Turf War needs some tweaking in future patches.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I'm starting to think that very few people play Turf War, it takes a lotta time to round up the players and they tend to range from lvl 5 to lvl 30. At that point my place in the whole game ends up feeling insignificant because either you're gonna get carried by your team or the opposing team trounces you with no chance of recovery. In once such games of the latter category where i was trying out the Heavy, i got backed up in the corner and a guy decided to put me down in style and tried to do a splashdown to finish me off. it failed, because all their other teammates suddenly ambushed me in the back before the guy could finish his attack. It was murder in ways i could not imagine.
If only i still had the kraken instead of the stinkray grumble grumble

Case in point, once i finally lost my way to unlocking Ranked Mode i started getting 10 splats on average(and the ones that didn't were because it ended in a KO), with a new record of 32 in one rainmaker game. Either everyone's playing Ranked or the matchmaking in Turf War needs some tweaking in future patches.
I've been having a lot of long wait times with turf lobbies myself, and when I hop into ranked modes, I get a full lobby within seconds. So far my teams in Turf haven't been too unbalanced. Sure they toss a few low levels in with higher level people, but not every low level person is bad and high level person is amazing. Once in a while the game makes some terrible matchups in terms of levels, but that's just classic Splatoon matchmaking hi jinks.

I think what could be the problem with turf is that it appears the game tries to pair you with people in your general region now. I can't be the only person who's noticed Japanese players are a rare sight, when that just simply would not happen in Splatoon 1. So in case there aren't many lobbies open in your region, the game would rather not just toss you into a Japanese lobby or EU lobby if you are in the US for example. This is just a guess of course, but hopefully the wait times get lessened soon. I'm willing to give the game a little leeway for now since the game is still very new.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Team wipes! Infinite, eternal team wipes! Every time I look up at the status bar after I've been splatted or just in general 2-3 teammates are dead! Even when I follow allies and do my damndest to support them they do things like walk directly into enemy fire! I like to think I'm halfway decent but I can't do a damn thing when the entire enemy team CONSISTENTLY bears down on the objective while I'm alone!

I'm getting to B- and then ignoring rank for a good long while. Ranked without friends isn't any damn fun.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Team wipes! Infinite, eternal team wipes! Every time I look up at the status bar after I've been splatted or just in general 2-3 teammates are dead! Even when I follow allies and do my damndest to support them they do things like walk directly into enemy fire! I like to think I'm halfway decent but I can't do a damn thing when the entire enemy team CONSISTENTLY bears down on the objective while I'm alone!
I swear Team Wipes have been far more common in this game than in the first one. I remember getting a full team wipe singlehandedly like twice in all my time in the first game, whereas now I've accomplished so many. And on the flip side, my team has been wiped so many times, I don't even think twice when I see all four squids blacked out. Everyone is back in the center in like 20 seconds anyway so at least when my team is wiped, it feels less horrible. :p

I say it feels less horrible, but it's still an awful feeling anyway. :oops:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Also, this new ranking system CONTINUES to make no sense. Win by a 30 point lead, gain a quarter of the bar. Win by knock-out, gain a sliver. I feel like I'm going to be complaining about this for some time.

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
You know, my squid party curse hasn't really kicked in yet. I've yet to see any partiers. I kinda wish I did, that'd be preferable to the people who do NOTHING, particularly in Salmon Run. Don't hide in the corner with a full charge! Don't just walk forward! I don't care if you just hold down ZR, DO SOMETHING!
I like to tea bag...squid bag? Ink bag?...I like to go in and out of squid form rapidly after each successful round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom