• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Whenever you get shot, make sure to hammer the "ouch" button, even if your position is in no danger at all. Make sure to do it at least three times in a row. Your team will love the beautiful serenade of inkling whining.
OUCH immediately followed by BOOYAH means, in me-ese, I traded with my splatter.
THIS WAY!! just means I meant to BOOYAH and my hamfingers hit the wrong button, so disregard lol

Bleh. I am

so

SO tired

of being camped.

On the upside, this forced me to invest in the dualie squelchers, so I'd have a little better range and not have to give up my missiles. That helped quite a bit, but good freaking gosh people, turn down the aggro a few dozen notches, please? I finally had to block someone - noob level, but definitely alt skill - for blatant camping yesterday. No offense, chum, but watching me repop and then tossing a bomb at the spawn pad while staring me in the eyes is VERY RUDE.

Quick question, but roomie and I have noticed that every time we end up in a lobby with a "Splat Tim", said squid always disconnects. IDK if this is someone messing around or an actual Problem that needs addressing, but thanks to "Splat Tim" last night I ended up on the receiving end of a 4-on-2 in Port. The skies became black as sackcloth and salt rained from the heavens.

On the upside of that same match, props to level-50 squid ~Knight~. You were a lot of fun to get curbstomped with. Thank you for alleviating the butthurt by partying with me :'D

Luminario

Full Squid
It's been a minute, but I have some salt to sprinkle. Been having a lot of good experiences lately combined with not playing most days because of work. So here's the deal:

• I have never been one to complain about certain weapons being used in TW or Ranked and chances are you will never see me calling a weapon OP and whining for a nerf. That said, anyone who mains a Jet Squelcher against my SS Pro can eat a d***!
  • It would be very helpful if my teammates focused more on inking turf than trying to take out the ONE opposing squid trying to spawn camp while his teammates are on the other end of the map. Sorry, but I'll take a 4v3 opportunity over the one squid trying to distract us into losing turf, thank you very much.
This is probably my most controversial and unpopular salt yet, so please bear with me. I am only going to say a few things on the matter and then I will never address it again going forward, not even in response. So...

To all of our LGBTQ friends, our Trans friends especially, I mean no disrespect and I preemptively apologize if it comes off as such regardless. Contrary to whatever is being implied by young people who are trying to string words together on the issue, I DO NOT have a problem with you expressing your LGBTQ pride and positivity. You people are awesome. If you have more art to post, then post away. The real problem that I see is the inability to acknowledge that a lot of us, myself included, literally do not care about said pride and positivity and for some reason, our expressed indifference is mistakenly seen as harassment or hate.

This is my most honest opinion, so take it for what you will. There is a saying I like to use that goes "A rich man never tells people he's rich." I feel that the need to constantly tell others about your sexuality & identity makes me question your maturity, let alone, your emotional security regarding said sexuality & identity. I am convinced now, especially with this second wave of posts, that this is less a celebration of LGBTQ pride and positivism and more a brigading tactic by SJW trolls from the various social media echo chambers from which they reside. I really cannot emphasize enough how little incentive there is to convince numerous strangers playing a video game about kids and squids that, specifically, "you are Transsexual and proud of it." But chances are you are, or come off as, too full of yourselves to understand that. The thing is rather than sending a positive message to us about LGBTQ pride and positivism, what you are doing is actually irritating the hell out of us with it. We care about your cause, there is no doubt. But the moment it feels like you are forcing an issue is the moment we tune out of said issue. Which is why it seems to feel like the collective response to the matter involves yelling, DUDE, WHATEVER! or GO AWAY, PLEASE! As far as I'm concerned, you wanted our attention, you got our attention, now let's move on to the next set of memes, shall we?
So there's a few things I have to cover in this.
There is no need to express your indifference towards the Pride posts. They're not for or about you at all. They're for the LGBT people out there currently playing the game who might not feel that good about themselves, and the posts offer a small bit of validation and a sense of community they might not get elsewhere, especially LGBT kids who are coming to terms with their identities. Your expressed indifference isn't mistakenly seen in a negative light; it's essentially like shouting "no one cares" at someone who's speaking, which is usually seen as a pretty negative response, and you should really reflect on why something as simple as posts that say "LGBT squids are fresh~" irritates you to the point that you feel the need to actually express that you don't care. The posts are completely avoidable too, just turn them off.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
It would be very helpful if my teammates focused more on inking turf than trying to take out the ONE opposing squid trying to spawn camp while his teammates are on the other end of the map. Sorry, but I'll take a 4v3 opportunity over the one squid trying to distract us into losing turf, thank you very much.
This comes off as a contradiction to me. I get that you think it means that player isn't actually doing much, but that spawn-camp turf adds up quickly if left unchecked. I've been in a match where I ignore the base for one respawn cycle and suddenly it looks completely different when I come back, all because of an Aero RG that snuck back there.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
So there's a few things I have to cover in this.
There is no need to express your indifference towards the Pride posts. They're not for or about you at all. They're for the LGBT people out there currently playing the game who might not feel that good about themselves, and the posts offer a small bit of validation and a sense of community they might not get elsewhere, especially LGBT kids who are coming to terms with their identities. Your expressed indifference isn't mistakenly seen in a negative light; it's essentially like shouting "no one cares" at someone who's speaking, which is usually seen as a pretty negative response, and you should really reflect on why something as simple as posts that say "LGBT squids are fresh~" irritates you to the point that you feel the need to actually express that you don't care. The posts are completely avoidable too, just turn them off.
This. I've seen plenty of otherwise sensible people go into "not where I can see it" mode over these posts. Would you say this to the face of an LGBT person? There are LGBT kids out there, and yes, straight folks DO unconsciously shove their sexuality into people's faces all the time, making grand display of marriages or college dudebros bragging about banging chicks, it's hard to escape these things that the majority never notice. You think these posts are bothersome? Imagine if every day of your LIFE was like that, and that will give a (poor) approximation of what LGBT folks have to deal with. If people DIDN'T make themselves loud and proud for decades now, if they didn't stand up for themselves, we'd have more places like Russia where not being straight is effectively a crime.

I get it. Many of you would go your entire lives without encountering an LGBT person. But even without the outright hatred of posts calling folks "degenerates" and so on, this sort of "not where I can see it" "shoving it in our faces" subtle intolerance shows just how far society has to go.

It was only a matter of time before a real-world issue entered the plaza. I am exceedingly disappointed with how everyone is handling it. If you really cannot tolerate it, just turn posts off. Splatoon trends change incredibly rapidly as is, my plaza is mostly full of the usual nonsense this morning. It really says something about people that feel the need to speak up every single time the topic of different lifestyles appears.

Last edited:

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
Dear Randoms Playing Salmon Run,
I want your address so I can mail you a quarter so perhaps then you could buy a $#%*@*% clue! Do you seriously not know how to lay down support fire from a cannon? Do you not realize that a teammate in a lifebuoy holding an egg at the BASKET and the quota is missing one egg MIGHT be a primary target with five seconds to go? "This Way!" means something - do you not know what it is? When glowflies are all over you, it doesn't mean run all over the freaking map so your teammates cannot support you. That big floating thing with a suction tube removes eggs from our basket; you just might want to pay a little attention to it, like Mr. Grizz freaking says!!!
With Warm Regards,
SqidVishus

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
So I hopped on this afternoon and played Salmon Run to 2600 points. Had a pretty good day. No major complaints. Decide to play some Turf War for a bit to mix things up...
0 - 5
3 freaking times my team had a player disconnect. 3. Out of 5 games. I swear it's because I have an inksaver drink active. :(

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Turf isn't fun anymore. The matchmaking is borked beyond repair. I have had multiple matches in a row where I get newbies, even level 1s, put on my team with clanners on the opposing team. That, and tons of disconnects. There's been a surge of both in recent days. Maybe I could enjoy matches again if I could get some actual meaningful combat, and not matches that have been determined before they start.

Seriously, I'm fed up. If Nintendo doesn't fix this crap next year with the paid online service, I'm done with this game and any future Splatoon titles. The core gameplay may be fun but everything surrounding matches is broken, ill-designed, or questionable. If I didn't have friends to do all this with I'd probably have shelved the game weeks ago. Jim Sterling gave this game a 7 out of 10, and I'm starting to think he was being generous.

the

Inkling Commander
Just died at full health from a single hit from a sploosh o matic rounding a corner, a kill which lost the game for my team. I see the update didn't fix that tickrate issue.....

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Just died at full health from a single hit from a sploosh o matic rounding a corner, a kill which lost the game for my team. I see the update didn't fix that tickrate issue.....
It's not getting fixed. That will never be in a patch. If the game gets dedicated servers when the paid online starts next year, the situation will hopefully improve, but until then this is an issue baked into the game that no patch will fix.

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
Turf isn't fun anymore. The matchmaking is borked beyond repair. I have had multiple matches in a row where I get newbies, even level 1s, put on my team with clanners on the opposing team. That, and tons of disconnects. There's been a surge of both in recent days. Maybe I could enjoy matches again if I could get some actual meaningful combat, and not matches that have been determined before they start.

Seriously, I'm fed up. If Nintendo doesn't fix this crap next year with the paid online service, I'm done with this game and any future Splatoon titles. The core gameplay may be fun but everything surrounding matches is broken, ill-designed, or questionable. If I didn't have friends to do all this with I'd probably have shelved the game weeks ago. Jim Sterling gave this game a 7 out of 10, and I'm starting to think he was being generous.
I am right there with you. Make sure to let Nintendo know. At least tweet them.

ETA: Staring at a whole player roster full and the game isn't starting. I am seeing more disconnects today than I have since the first "official" Mayo/Ketchup Splatfest. This update screwed something up, I think. Or the changes to matchmaking? Or something?

Last edited:

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771

The issues with Turf's matchmaking in particular has been bothering me for a little while now, nearly every other match I enter to warm up a bit or test out a new weapon there is at least 1 player on wither side who DCs and usually ends up losing by a landslide because of it. I do agree that it's incredibly annoying.

As for getting multiple matches in a row with lower levels, that was something I noticed in the first Splatoon (more so during splatfests then anything) so I'm not too surprised that seems to be happening more often then in the first game due to the "regional " matchmaking and the influx of new players who might had went on a win streak and thus end up playing with higher leveled players.

It would be a big disappointment if Nintendo wasn't able to fix these blaring issues with the game by the time the paid service becomes a thing (seriously, I can already see a riot happening if Nintendo doesn't do anything regarding the games technical issues by next yer).

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Honestly, I don't mind the lowbies. What I mind is the hyperaggressives on either team who destroy the fun those lowbies (assuming they're not alts) should be having with the game. People need to C H I L L.

Luminario

Full Squid
They should really set up matchmaking by comparing the point average of the last 20 matches or something. That way I don't have to deal with squids who are barely capable of breaking 500 points.

Lyka Phoxx

Full Squid
NNID
Pheodus
Alright, where my salt shaker at? *grab a carton of Morton's salt.* (btw, I propose a squid version of the Morton's Salt girl as a logo for this thread and maybe even a subreddit for this topic. The latter is a stretch, but that's what I would consider.)

• Okay, seriously. How much of a petty little s*** are you that you would threaten to or even consider throwing a match just because your rando teammates would not give you a BOOYAH! back during a match? I've had two do that. The match starts, he throws a BOOYAH and no one pays attention. A minute later as were being abruptly curbstomped, I realize that he had DC'd. What are you, a child? Wait, never mind. Because children are playing and even they would not resort to the kind of bulls*** you're pulling
  • Let's set the scenario here. Sturgeon, Splat Zones, Got my Dualie Squelchers on hand. We are close to taking the Zone and a opposing squid with some Splat Dualies had decided to make a solo push. I'm holding him down and I see my teammate with his Splat Roller right beside me as I am dodging my foes shots. I hung back and started giving covering fire expecting him to just run him over for an easy kill/assist. Imagine my shock/dismay/disappointment when my Roller teammate literally TURNS AROUND AND RUNS OFF! You have a Splat roller! You were a good two inches in front of him! You could have just ran right into him, trade or no trade. But instead you turned and ran faster then Scooby-f***ing-Doo leaving me to get splatted and then he gets killed from behind by the Dualies user a couple seconds later ! So for that, Roller Main whose name I can't drop on this thread, YOU ARE F***ING USELESS!!!!
  • You know, I can see when the Octobrush is coming from mile away, calling itself coming to stealth kill you. WHY CAN'T YOU? He's literally running into your ink without Ink Resistance and maybe some Swim Speed Ups.
  • Don't you just hate it when you make a good push into a Splat Zone, killing two opponents and nearly taking the zone singlehandedly and you get splatted by a third because your teammates were killed either in the process and returning to spawn or just d***ing around in general? HELLLLOOOOO!!!! WHERE'S MY BACKUP HERE!?!?!?

the

Inkling Commander
Today's one of those days I guess. Can't hit anyone with splattershot pro even with my reticle trained on them, and people are killing me after surviving three roller flicks to the face.... Flingza's hitboxes need some kind of buff because I love its playstyle but any sort of necessary confrontation is a massive uphill battle whether the foe is short range or long range.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Honestly, I don't mind the lowbies. What I mind is the hyperaggressives on either team who destroy the fun those lowbies (assuming they're not alts) should be having with the game. People need to C H I L L.
I don't think these match-ups are fun for everybody. For "pros", being paired with newbies makes things harder than they need to be, and I really doubt players new to the squid game enjoy being thrown against high-level players right out of the gate.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
When are people going to learn that we have a report system now? My friends and I got an idiot that squidbagged for like 5 seconds straight and then disconnected when he died. I reported him, no doubt at least one other person will too. You WILL get banned for your stupid, obnoxious, game-ruining behavior!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom