• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Mr. E-liter, I had a few problems with your performance. First off, you went for kills the entire match. I get that this is what your weapon does best, but you completely neglected the objective. Also, for as focused as you were, you weren't very good at it, only getting 2 kills and 1 assists. Everyone outperformed you, including your Jet friend. Next, your incredibly poor perch choices hampered your ability to assist your team - Until now I have never seen someon e get on the vaguely mushroom-shaped art object on our side of Inkblot Art Academy and stay there for long periods. Third, when you did move up you kept getting DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF ME AND BLOCKING ALL MY SHOTS YOU'RE A SNIPER YOU SHOULD KNOW NOT TO DO THAT TO OTHER SNIPERS $!@$$!!#!$!@#

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
YOU'RE A SNIPER YOU SHOULD KNOW NOT TO DO THAT TO OTHER SNIPERS $!@$$!!#!$!@#
The Jet is a sniper? :p

But sadly not quite the parallel, I had a similar experience with a Carbon Roller who was jumping up and down, flicking pitiful amount of ink while blocking my clips. Oh and, even if I stepped aside. HE JUST JUMPED IN FRONT OF ME LIKE DO YOU WANT ME TO HACK FRIENDLY FIRE INTO THE GAME YO. (League, Splat Zones, Inkblot, I was a Heavy Splatling.)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The Jet is a sniper? :p
They outrange most weapons, fire slowly, and do poor in close combat, yeah, the definition applies :P Splatoon's an unconventional shooter so "sniper" is a broader class than usual.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Third, when you did move up you kept getting DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF ME AND BLOCKING ALL MY SHOTS YOU'RE A SNIPER YOU SHOULD KNOW NOT TO DO THAT TO OTHER SNIPERS $!@$$!!#!$!@#
You know what? You are right... I can deal with the laggy players...

...I can deal with having a very difficult time in TC...

...I can deal with S+ not meaning much and the questionable matchmaking (although I'm not S+ at any mode yet)...

...I can deal with squidbaggers...

...I can deal with at least 1 person DCing pretty much every other TW match...

...but the one thing that gets me more salty then anything in Splat 2 (as well as Splat 1) is the bodyblocks. The amount of times I got splatted or failed to splat someone due to someone walking in front of me at the worse time is too much and annoys me to no end. :(

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
This especially goes for RainMaker. Hey team don't know if you realized we have the Maker and we just rolled through the other team....you see all those squid silhouettes with the X`s over them? Yep their whole team is in respawn land let push the RainMaker towards the goal and not sit there and lob ball after ball of ink at nothing.

Debbie

Senior Squid
NNID
MissRora
Just finished a Salmon Run er, run, where I spent the entire last wave guarding about 5 eggs (with the stupid Luna Blaster again) and using "over here". I was ignored. We lost by one egg. I died a little inside.

Luminario

Full Squid
Just finished a Salmon Run er, run, where I spent the entire last wave guarding about 5 eggs (with the stupid Luna Blaster again) and using "over here". I was ignored. We lost by one egg. I died a little inside.
I've seen a few people do this and honestly, it's probably better to just ferry them back yourself when playing solo. A good idea is to throw a bomb upwards to land on the eggs as the thief salmon pops up then quickly swim back to the net, so by the time you get back the eggs should all still be safe.

Lyka Phoxx

Full Squid
NNID
Pheodus
This especially goes for RainMaker. Hey team don't know if you realized we have the Maker and we just rolled through the other team....you see all those squid silhouettes with the X`s over them? Yep their whole team is in respawn land let push the RainMaker towards the goal and not sit there and lob ball after ball of ink at nothing.
Oh , good grief yes. I had teammates do the same thing in TC a while ago. If there's one thing I can not stand is a bunch of gunshy teammates shooting at air even after I just splatted a guy on the tower and the rest are either far from the tower or respawning. Were they lagging from their perspective or something, idk.

Debbie

Senior Squid
NNID
MissRora
There are LGBT kids out there, and yes, straight folks DO unconsciously shove their sexuality into people's faces all the time, making grand display of marriages or college dudebros bragging about banging chicks, it's hard to escape these things that the majority never notice. You think these posts are bothersome? Imagine if every day of your LIFE was like that, and that will give a (poor) approximation of what LGBT folks have to deal with.
Sorry to dredge this back up, especially since you clearly meant well, but as someone who falls under the LGBT umbrella, I don't feel that I can ignore it. First off, please stop assuming we all have the same feelings and experiences. If you or someone you know is annoyed when straight couples talk about their relationships, that's a personal issue. If that was just an example off the top of your head, maybe consider coming up with another one.
The real issue here isn't so much the content of the posts (being pro-LGBT is the majority opinion after all) but the approach. They're flooding the Square with needless moral grandstanding, hoping for approval for expressing the opinion of the majority. Imagine if the posts were instead people saying they're anti-murder. Seems pointless and out of place, yes? As if that weren't enough, they're demanding we call extra attention to, and celebrate, something that many now consider normal. I for one, want it to be considered so normal that celebrating it and discriminating based on it both seem odd.

It really says something about people that feel the need to speak up every single time the topic of different lifestyles appears.
This is true regardless of whether they're expressing disdain or approval.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Considering I haven't seen any LGBT posts in about a week, yes, you ARE dredging it up. I'll respect your points but this topic is long concluded.

Debbie

Senior Squid
NNID
MissRora
Hindsight says I did something stupid. My apologies. Now back to your regularly scheduled salt dumping.....

I've seen a few people do this and honestly, it's probably better to just ferry them back yourself when playing solo. A good idea is to throw a bomb upwards to land on the eggs as the thief salmon pops up then quickly swim back to the net, so by the time you get back the eggs should all still be safe.
I should probably start doing that considering how often I'm ignored when playing egg guard. Doesn't help that a sad number of people seem to be unaware of "this way" and such in general....

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I played Salmon Run for over an hour today, even though I'm sick, just to collect some sweet, sweet ability chunks...
I think I only got two in the end, harrumph! Even though I got 10+ gear pieces. x_x*

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Fun fact: The first game i had today had someone named ****theG&K. So there's that. The name was uncensored too, so that guy's days are numbered!

DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF ME AND BLOCKING ALL MY SHOTS YOU'RE A SNIPER YOU SHOULD KNOW NOT TO DO THAT TO OTHER SNIPERS $!@$$!!#!$!@#
Welcome to my S1 experience, where occasionally my scope view would get obstructed by my teammates' glorious butts instead. Totally being a big help there, guys!

Is it just me, or are chargers just kinda bleh in solo queue? Like you need to get good ground control for them to do their work, but if you can't get that they're dead weight. The firefin at least has a sub to help it survive and a special to get some of that ground control back, but the remainder of the chargers(especially the E-Liter) leave a lot to be desired. The high skill floor doesn't help either.

There are very few chargers (and believe me, i'm not one of them) that do well in solo play. Few of them can aim well enough to get kills consistently, and those that do still run into the problems that normally happen with chargers (lack of options in sloped terrain, lack of inkling options). Combine that with the high visibility of them and the many avenues they can get backstabbed in, and i wonder why people won't just directly move on the the Heavies/Jets for their ranged needs.

I imagine in tourneys they are a lot better, but my experience with solo queue and chargers hasn't been that good.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
You see, when a charger and a regular shooter love each other very much....
Thanks for the image. I might be scarred for life now. +_+

Is it just me, or are chargers just kinda bleh in solo queue?
Yes, yes they are. I make it my main priority to troll them whenever I get a chance to because they are helpless little fish most of the time. It's adorable. x->

My salt of the day: League didn't go too well, unfortunately. Amidst the obligatory Aerospray on my team (that's excusable), or the E-Liter which needed lots of backup (borderline excusable), the last match was a huge summary of "everything that could go wrong, possibly went wrong" and more (overkill).

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
@Elecmaw Chargers don't fare much better in tournaments. Of course the players there are better, but they simply don't use chargers that much.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
where occasionally my scope view would get obstructed by my teammates' glorious butts instead
Woomy~ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Is it just me, or are chargers just kinda bleh in solo queue?
Yes, yes they are. For many of the reasons you noted. Turf and rank can be really disappointing to play when you must be self-sufficient because your teammates choose to battering ram headfirst into mid, ignore vertical turf, and/or shun territory and map control. It feels especially bad, for me, when I attempt to play squiffer.

Foxtrot

Full Squid
Glad to see others bringing up just how absolutely loathsome it is to play Chargers in solo queue. I've been trying to get practice in with them, especially the squiffer, because of how fun they are. However, the fun stops about 5 lost games in when you have to literally carry your entire team AND the rainmaker on your back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom