• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Other than severely wishing they kept the old point system where inked turfed points equated to amoumt of cash received, I don't think turf wars is a complete dumpster fire... most days. But until at least matchmaking improves, I'll figure something out.

Meanwhile I want to remind everyone that tenta missiles gifts each locked target four missiles. No more, rarely less. But as good as it is to share, some things aren't worth sharing! Like chickenpox. And tenta missiles!

Though I do enjoy sharing and the occasional gift, I rather not be gifted with extra tenta missiles! Please allow me to just... cherish the four missiles I've already been given. Not eight. Not twelve. Not sixteen. Not as many as thirty-two (seriously team?! seriously!?). Just the four I was given (sometimes eight if there were two launchers). Thank you.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Other than severely wishing they kept the old point system where inked turfed points equated to amoumt of cash received, I don't think turf wars is a complete dumpster fire... most days. But until at least matchmaking improves, I'll figure something out.
A super-minor nitpick, but I'm pretty sure your cash received is your points... just not the exp you receive. See? All the aerospray mains were right!

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Dinkleberg Aerosprays...

If that's the case then, guess that means I'll have to put in more effort into suppressing them and their sense of invincibility. Along with their alternate evolved form: spoolsh-o-matic.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Soooo I had an idea to get a swim speed triple, I'd use a drink and then League with a friend hoping to win as much as possible. Simple enough, right? Oh, how I wish! Let's put aside how the matches went. By the end of the session, I'd gotten a swim speed single twice, and instead received quick super jump ten times. I did use a swim speed drink, right!?
ed reaction.jpg

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Rockenberg + Run Speed Up Drink = Swim Speed Up, Ink Resistance, and Cold Blooded.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I wish there was a button command that could mean the middle finger or the f bomb if you splatted someone. Yes it's a kids game. Yes expressing your anger could lead to people making you a huge target for trolling but it would relieve some unwanted frustration for a short moment. Squidbagging can be misinterpreted in many ways and it's not good enough for me.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Soooo I had an idea to get a swim speed triple, I'd use a drink and then League with a friend hoping to win as much as possible. Simple enough, right? Oh, how I wish! Let's put aside how the matches went. By the end of the session, I'd gotten a swim speed single twice, and instead received quick super jump ten times. I did use a swim speed drink, right!?
View attachment 5630

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993

Meanwhile I want to remind everyone that tenta missiles gifts each locked target four missiles. No more, rarely less. But as good as it is to share, some things aren't worth sharing! Like chickenpox. And tenta missiles!

Though I do enjoy sharing and the occasional gift, I rather not be gifted with extra tenta missiles! Please allow me to just... cherish the four missiles I've already been given. Not eight. Not twelve. Not sixteen. Not as many as thirty-two (seriously team?! seriously!?). Just the four I was given (sometimes eight if there were two launchers). Thank you.
Aw Ansible, I only share because I care, baby :p
Though I do agree having to stop turfing and do a few laps around the area every 30 seconds to outrun yet another barrage gets annoying pretty quick...
SURE WOULD BE NICE TO NOT GET CURBSTOMPED IN TURF LOL. Though there was less of that last night than I'm used to, for reasons which remain unclear, but I'm not about to question. I see what people mean about the ever-present Aerosprays now. Last night 50% or more of every team was shiny chrome menaces to society. Someone remind me when and why Aeros got super popular??
Also I love it when I'm having a bad run, and get someone on my team who's obviously a squadder...and then they turn out to be the biggest disappointment out of the four of us :mad:

Personal best moment:
Starfish, lower area by my spawn. Opposing squid thinks he has me cornered, spams curling bomb rush. I hop over one, jink around the rest, flank and splat him as he surfs in behind the bombs...then turn to remove his teammate who surfed in behind him. He stayed salty about that for two more matches.

Roller who was on my team the previous match was an opponent the following one on Humpback (which we here at home call Snapback Thumbtack for lulz). I went to go drop down and splat her from behind, and failed. Kill cam shows me my intended target 'bagging and doing a little spin. I was proper pissed for like

30 seconds after that

and then thought about it some more. She was a fairly good teammate the previous match - probably a Ranker, since she went for splats and not ground, and spent more time repopping than I did. Plus she'd booyah back at me. So in retrospect I think it was more of a LOL, YOU TRIED than a LOL, I WIN. I sent her a friend request later...after mowing through her and one of her teamos (another Aero) who'd both popped me that match. LOL GUISE U TRIED).

Troublesome Friend and I also found a fellow party squid quite by accident. Good E-Liter user, stand-up guy imho. I'd found TF on Humpback (his Baller is easy to spot since if he sees me he'll stop rolling and just hop up and down) and initiated a party-in-passing...and then saw the laser homing in from behind and to my right. Moved my partying self into the line of fire as a NO DON'T SHOOT, HE'S A FRIEND maneuver. E-Liter joined right in and a fun time was had by all =p

~GOOD TIMES~

Ansible

Community Ambassador
They don't have to see the "This Way!" or "Booyah!" over my head, but I wish the opposing team could at least see the animation of holding the brella over my head like a torch while shaking my fist or madly swing a bucket around my head.

My teammates shouldn't be the only ones to know I've suddenly broke.

So instead everyone on both teams suffer as I pull off an impromptu no-squid, never-stop-running challenge.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I wanna know why the heck people just...throw salmon run shifts. What's your goal for throwing the game and ruining it for everyone? You can't even tell if you made people upset. I just don't understand.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I wanna know why the heck people just...throw salmon run shifts. What's your goal for throwing the game and ruining it for everyone? You can't even tell if you made people upset. I just don't understand.
Probably because at least one of them out there realizes there is no way to report people for behavior in Salmon Run.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Must be quite rare? :S I have only seen one Salmon Run troll, and he didn't do anything... literally! All his stats were 0 in the end, and his name was "I KillYou!". Kinda creepy from the onset, if you ask me. :scared: I have no idea what he was doing, never saw him. xP

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
A post in the Fresh thread and some posts here reminded me of a screenshot I took from the last Splatfest. SURE! The Splatfest tee turns out perfectly! The piece of equipment I can't keep! I know I have Ink Sub shoes in the very same screenshot, but those were not easy to make.

So I have a Tenacity Soccer Headband that I want to give Special Charge Up. I have 5 Special Charge tickets, 600k, and 30 chunks. CAN I MAKE MY DREAM HEADBAND?! Tune in later for the disappointment!

I've only had one person throw a Salmon Run match, but that was in the early ranks as my alt, where you can essentially solo Salmon Run, so it wasn't a big deal.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
@J'Wiz Good luck with the hunt for Special Charge Up chunks. :D I'll be rooting for ya!

Oh, and the reason I came here... Salt. x_x;; I had a great morning/early afternoon -- smooth sailing, lots of wins, both in ranked mode and in turf war (I started using the Splattershot Jr. yesterday, I want to give many of my weapons the Superfresh status :3)...~
In the evening, not so much. I didn't rank down, but I lost a lot of Tower Control matches. I don't even understand why, it should be my best ranked mode for heaven's sakes. D:

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Must be quite rare? :S I have only seen one Salmon Run troll, and he didn't do anything... literally! All his stats were 0 in the end, and his name was "I KillYou!". Kinda creepy from the onset, if you ask me. :scared: I have no idea what he was doing, never saw him. xP
i made that post when i was really irritated. had like 2 or 3 people in a row who would just walk around and spam "This Way!" to get us to join their BS. Salmon Run trolls are extremely uncommon, but i just made that post in the peak of my salt :v

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom