• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

iced potato

Senior Squid
I just wanna farm for ability chunks, but I feel a bit put off from playing because lately I always seem to get teamed with people who disconnect, decide to go AFK, give up and people who don't ink turf properly or enough.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Those Grillers in Salmon Run are jerks. Meanies.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I am absolutely sick to death of Ballers and Splattershots using their panic Splashdowns. I was playing Solo Queue ranked Zones. Almost every enemy team had a splattershot and RG, and that combo is straight up frustrating to fight against. I played a good 12 matches, I only needed maybe 3 or 4 wins to rank up, and I did, but with only one loss left from my rank bar breaking.

Speaking of Splattershots, one of my least favorite players in this game currently, the aggressive, over confident Splattershot user. They can rush into any situation, get into your face, and the moment they are in danger, just use their panic button splashdown and get easy kills.

I don't know why I bother with solo ranked anymore. Leaguing has proven to be far more fun and fulfilling. I can rely on my friends to beat up meta mongrels with me when we are together usually.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
I'm sure I wont have to make a comment here like this ever again.

The staff here are fine with this salt mega thread, there haven't been too many/or any issues until now of course.
First order of business, this is not a chat for witch hunting, listing out player names and showing player profiles is not at all tolerated, it's fine if you discuss the experiences you have in the matches you've played.

This is the first and final warning, If there are anymore posts involving targeting specific players, witch hunting, and making their names public then I will lock this thread and will pursue moderator action to those who break that rule.

Be mindful of what you post, and have a nice day.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Yeah. That was a stupid habit for me to start up. It isn't cool to name and shame, no matter how frequent these people are. Eh. Not happening again.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
oh my gooooooooooooooooood why did they kill the rollers so god damn bad! WHY did they decide this was okay? Carbon literally cannot kill ANYTHING, Splat Roller is just trash all around, and Dynamo can't turf worth it's own damn weight. Why. Did. They. Kill. An. Entire. Weapon. Class? SERIOUSLY! the Carbon Roller can't splat at point blank, neither can the Splat Roller, the Dynamo Roller is the only one with good kill range but it's horizontal flick is worthless. Nintendo, if you don't fix rollers in this next main weapon patch you promised us mid october, I take back all the praises I've given to you in the past about weapon balance. Fix. The. Rollers.
:wst_roller_compact00::wst_roller_normal00::wst_roller_heavy00: RIP the boys

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
oh my gooooooooooooooooood why did they kill the rollers so god damn bad! WHY did they decide this was okay? Carbon literally cannot kill ANYTHING, Splat Roller is just trash all around, and Dynamo can't turf worth it's own damn weight. Why. Did. They. Kill. An. Entire. Weapon. Class? SERIOUSLY! the Carbon Roller can't splat at point blank, neither can the Splat Roller, the Dynamo Roller is the only one with good kill range but it's horizontal flick is worthless. Nintendo, if you don't fix rollers in this next main weapon patch you promised us mid october, I take back all the praises I've given to you in the past about weapon balance. Fix. The. Rollers.
:wst_roller_compact00::wst_roller_normal00::wst_roller_heavy00: RIP the boys
Actually, the Splat Roller is good, the Dynamo is hard to use, and the carbon is useless.

Lyka Phoxx

Full Squid
NNID
Pheodus
Speaking of Splattershots, one of my least favorite players in this game currently, the aggressive, over confident Splattershot user. They can rush into any situation, get into your face, and the moment they are in danger, just use their panic button splashdown and get easy kills.
That's why it's funny when I use a ranged weapon, sneak towards him, let out a couple shots near him, not even at him, and spook him into wasting his panic Splashdown, hitting nothing and getting splatted. Also funny, an outranged Octobrush blindly swinging at nothing.

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
What is up with this turf war matchmaker!?

I'm almost level 40 but they toss me into lobbies with level under 20, under 30 if I'm lucky! When a match was Humpback Pumptrack I ran and swam around in circles in either the outside track, pit, or mound. Meanwhile in Manta Maria I talked pirate while swabbing the decks with an inkbrush or just inked the entire center mast then swam around it the entire match.

Sure sometimes I'd leave to do other stuff in-game or out-game, but then I just return to lobbies with the same levels or players that I can schoolyard bully with little effort!

Ugh, was halfway about to just solo squid party every match while piledriving anyone that wanted to pick a fight.

Also funny, an outranged Octobrush blindly swinging at nothing.
*tires trigger finger out*
"No fair, get closer!! Let me splat you at the most extreme edge of my weapon with just droplets of ink! That's how you play octobrush!"

Now I think about it, I hardly meet brushes that actually hit you with the brush anymore. Just flung ink. But I'm actually sad that they removed the double-hit from both brushes: dealing damage with the weapon and a gob of ink at the same time.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
If there was Splatoon 3, would this thread be called the Deadest Sea?

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
What is up with this turf war matchmaker!?

I'm almost level 40 but they toss me into lobbies with level under 20, under 30 if I'm lucky! When a match was Humpback Pumptrack I ran and swam around in circles in either the outside track, pit, or mound. Meanwhile in Manta Maria I talked pirate while swabbing the decks with an inkbrush or just inked the entire center mast then swam around it the entire match.

Sure sometimes I'd leave to do other stuff in-game or out-game, but then I just return to lobbies with the same levels or players that I can schoolyard bully with little effort!

Ugh, was halfway about to just solo squid party every match while piledriving anyone that wanted to pick a fight.
I'm having the opposite problem with Turf War. I keep getting matched with people who can effortlessly crush me. Every Turf War is a bloodbath, and I don't even have the time to put smiley faces in enemy territory. It's always "Rush into enemy territory and kill, kill, KILL!". Yesterday was a big fun losing streak that made me think "I've spent 200+ hours in this game trying to get better for nothing.".

What happened to Turf War being relaxing? Makes me miss that elusive Ink Brush user who painted a heart for me.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm having the opposite problem with Turf War. I keep getting matched with people who can effortlessly crush me. Every Turf War is a bloodbath, and I don't even have the time to put smiley faces in enemy territory. It's always "Rush into enemy territory and kill, kill, KILL!". Yesterday was a big fun losing streak that made me think "I've spent 200+ hours in this game trying to get better for nothing.".

What happened to Turf War being relaxing? Makes me miss that elusive Ink Brush user who painted a heart for me.
I will say it's interesting hearing from both sides of the fence on this issue. Less serious players and competitive folk alike are irked by this system. As someone who tends to be on Ansible's side of the matter, you have my sympathy. It's arguably more of a problem for you, after all.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Workin on it~

Though map design, redesigned freshness bonus, and sometimes battering ram mentality in some players doesn't often help.
In Splatoon 1, I just wanted some onld fanshioned turf war, where no one knew anything and we could relax. After the launch of Splatoon 2, people go to Turf War to "practice" for ranked battles.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
In Splatoon 1, I just wanted some onld fanshioned turf war, where no one knew anything and we could relax. After the launch of Splatoon 2, people go to Turf War to "practice" for ranked battles.
Well I mean you can't really blame them. As someone on Ansible's side of the problem, I've just given up on turf war as a game mode, now I just warm up there for a few matches to make sure that my aim is on point, then jump into ranked.

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796

Oh! I used to do that in Sploon 1! I miss that too......... I can barely practice weapons in Turf now. If I don't play my best weapon, I get DESTROYED. There's no good way to fix this though unfortunately, I think........

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Seems like the emphasis is more on the "war" than the "turf" these days. I'd love to just to fire my Jet and paint all day, but any time I stop paying attention WHOOPS someone's invading my personal space and ow those bullets hurt ow ow--

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom