• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
I don't know what sort of experiences you guys had in SR, mine was pretty easy. Each of the weapons given was versatile and didn't have any sort of unintuitive mechanic. I actually had never used the nozzles in 1 or 2, and seeing their ease of use in this SR just made me want to use them more. This would probably be one of my favorite SRs.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I don't know what sort of experiences you guys had in SR, mine was pretty easy. Each of the weapons given was versatile and didn't have any sort of unintuitive mechanic. I actually had never used the nozzles in 1 or 2, and seeing their ease of use in this SR just made me want to use them more. This would probably be one of my favorite SRs.
The problem is that even profreshional S+50 randos tend to be idiots that get confused by anything more complex than "hold down ZR to spray". Salmon Run demands the ability to adapt and use most every weapon effectively, which screws with people of all skill levels that just main some kind of shooter.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Salmon Run hardly trips me up anymore, it's pretty easy even with randos and bad comps. I only deranked from Profressional once(and that was shortly after ranking up), and i don't think there are that many here who deranked from it at all. The only things i still have trouble dealing with are mid-tide Goldie waves and people who don't know how to deal with griller waves, but the latter is no issue when you have friends backing you up.

I really don't get the idea that you are dumped back to 40 points after each shift. I can understand that because you're using different weapons so you have to play differently, but players will still get better at it over time.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
So I was playing a match on Moray Towers Splat Zones:

The lobby filled up, but it took the game a few seconds to say 'Battle Time!', and I was like, "You know it's gonna be a laggy match...."

Turns out one of my teammates had disconnected, so it was a 3v4.

About a quarter of the way and halfway through the match respectively, my 2 other teammates disconnected, in what I can only assume were rage quits. Fortunately, a player on the other team disconnected as well, leaving the match a 1v3.

I proceed to wipe the other team with my L-3 Nozzlenose and cap both zones, but unfortunately I'm not invincible, so when they come back one of them splats me, and they cap both zones.

This is basically the story of the entire match.

And I wasn't even in a foreign lobby, so I don't know how the connections were so bad.

FIX THIS PLS NINTENDO

EDIT:
I think you should have to take an IQ test in order to play this game.

The Tenta brella has only been out for a little bit, so please don't take it into ranked:

I just played 3 ranked matches and then stopped because I was getting so salty.

Match 1: about to win, then connection error.

Match 2: stuck with an idiot Tenta brella (this is where the IQ test part comes in) who thought it would be a good idea to try and pop the rainmaker's shield by firing the Tenta brella's shield at it instead of actually firing at it - loss

Match 3: pretty much the same story, except this time there was a TTek on the other team who was doing mlg things with his inkjet - loss

Last edited:

shudder

Senior Squid
The game has become a laggy, DC-filled mess. I'm pretty surprised more people aren't complaining about it. Ping based or region based doesn't seem to matter, the online is awful, matchmaking is another issue. At this point I have to question why I'm even still playing the game. Getting one shot killed by an SSP is not my idea of fun or grabbing the RM and not even knowing I have it for another second or two. I think it's worse than the first game at this point.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
The game has become a laggy, DC-filled mess. I'm pretty surprised more people aren't complaining about it. Ping based or region based doesn't seem to matter, the online is awful, matchmaking is another issue. At this point I have to question why I'm even still playing the game. Getting one shot killed by an SSP is not my idea of fun or grabbing the RM and not even knowing I have it for another second or two. I think it's worse than the first game at this point.
Yeah last night was definitely a struggle for the servers, I noticed multiple dcs every other match-up, finally gave up after I got dc'ed. It's not normally like that though.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Splatoon 2 team, transferring all the weapons from Splatoon into Splatoon 2: "careful...steady...CAREFUL!"
"Okay, the splatlings were transferred relatively fine! some lost a bit of range and mobility but theyre otherwise okay!"
"So, are you just gonna ignore the Mini Splatling?"
*camera cuts to the Mini Splatling writhing on the floor in agony*
"oh jeez."
"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM!?"
"He isn't taking the run speed up nerf very well. Also he lost a lot of mobility."
"YOU NERFED RUN SPEED?! THAT WAS A FAN FAVORITE ABILITY!"
"U-uh. Yeah *cough* I did. Sorry."
"Okay, by how much?"
"........."
"HOW. MUCH."
"50% s-sir."
"50 PERCENT?! YOU JUST MURDERED THAT ABILITY! IT HAS SUCH A SMALL EFFECT NOW! ARE YOU M A D?!"
"IM SORRY I DROPPED IT AND IT SNAPPED IN HALF I DIDNT HAVE ANY SUPER GLUE ON ME!!!"
"*sigh* OKAY. We'll fix it later. How are the Sloshers doing?"
"Uh, the Slosher class is handling the transition just fine. T-they all got hit my mobility nerfs too."
"AGAIN? You guys....please. My heart is weak, I can't handle this. Please be more careful. Jesus. How are the Shooters?"
"Minimal nerfs, sir. Just some range nerfs, the blasters and nozzlenoses are doing just fine."
"That's a relief. Glad you didn't mess THAT one up. How are the Chargers?"
"They're doing okay. Again......some range nerfs."
"Whatever. They'll be fine."
"Yes sir!"
"Now...how are the Rollers?"
"............."
"I said, how are the Rollers?"
"*cough*"
"DEAR GOD MAN TELL ME HOW THE ROLLERS ARE! THEY WERE ICONIC, THEY WERE ESSENTIAL TO THE SOUL OF THE GAME! HOW ARE THE ROLLERS PLEASE!!!"
*camera pans to the Carbon Roller, Splat Roller, and Dynamo Roller, bloody and beaten, completely still on the ground*
"Sir-"
"I'm going home. I'm gonna drink. A lot. I can't handle this right now guys. You ****ed up a lot of things today. I need something to wipe what I just saw from my memory. You guys...you guys just killed an entire weapon class. An entire. Weapon class. YOU KILLED A MASSIVE PART OF SPLATOON'S IDENTITY! YOURE ALL FIRED, YOU IDIOTS!!!"
"SIR AT LEAST THE OCTOBRUSH IS OKAY! That's one Roller that's still okay!"
"I DONT CARE! IM GOING HOME."

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
So in a TW game i watched the rest of my team getting tripled by one aerospray leading to a defeat despite the other team having a d/c, how are the rest of you doing on this fine day
If it was a golden aerospray, I can vaguely see that. If it was the regular aerospray, yeah, SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME FOR THE ALLIES.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Better yet, the golden aerospray rg isn't even using the Baller and instead is just running directly at your teammates. Teammates with better weapons. Teammates out of the aerospray's range. Teammates with advantages but are still steamrolled by goldie.

Meanwhile I'm in the back row busy reloading my musket waiting for my tenta brella to cycle through animations.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
If it was a golden aerospray, I can vaguely see that. If it was the regular aerospray, yeah, SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME FOR THE ALLIES.
There were both variants of the Aero but it must have been the golden one, because silver only got one kill. The only reason i couldn't stop them because it was moray and they were already past our sniper perch.
That being said, i dunno if it got that lucky with baller because it only popped baller once that game, and i couldn't get a good view of the crime scene because i was in mid at the time.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
wish Salmon Run bosses werent random. Nothing like literally 5 Flyfish pulling up in solo Profresh. What. the. heck. im not joking. one flyfish pulls up, another one immediately follows, then 3 more show up. this isnt one of those "lol flyfish amirite" yes flyfish are annoying but this was like i was getting personally memed by the game.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Did you not say you would stop name shaming, though? ; P

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How rude.

Last edited by a moderator:

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
WOAH GUYS CHILL

I was in a Japanese lobby and there was a really good Dynamo that's all I have to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom