• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Nothing special, just salty about going against at least one hyper-competent opponent with a level 4 newbie and someone who ragequits. Truly a magical combination. I wonder if you can get in trouble for reporting TOO much?

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Just faced 3 Heavy Splatlings and a Bambi in League in Manta Splat Zones

We got crushed. They need to nerf Heavy Splatling.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
Snapper canal is cool. You can run it with a heavy deco ( as long as the 3 other players on your team would go ink the rest of the map while you’re holding the entire middle and keeping half or more of the other team at bay in the process ). The salt is that for the most part nobody i played with today could figure that out.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
Snapper canal is cool. You can run it with a heavy deco ( as long as the 3 other players on your team would go ink the rest of the map while you’re holding the entire middle and keeping half or more of the other team at bay in the process ). The salt is that for the most part nobody i played with today could figure that out.
Actually the exact same thing happened to me

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
>Picks up Dapple Dualies again
>Begin match
>teammate DC's
>d a m m i t
>next match with Dapple Dualies
>begins
>teammate DC's
COOL AND GOOD

I CANT WAIT

TO PAY FOR THIS SERVICE

OH MY GOD I CAN'T W A I T TO PAY FOR THIS SERVICE

is it some sort of divine message telling me "HEY DON'T USE THE DAPPLE DUALIES!!" or something? Send help.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
...This really is a daily thing for me. Match-throwing people, in both turf and league. Usually in league, both of the pair are doing it. When did the community become so wretched? Well, whatever. I'll just keep on reporting.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Just played a little league with my wife. The two of us ran the rainmaker down to 1 with the first push of the game. Then the two other guys on our team spent the entire rest of the match playing keep away with the other team on OUR side of the map. That's four minutes of these guys retreating onto our side and never trying to push it forward. We almost lost the game a few times because they brought it closer to our base FOR THEM.

Worst thing is... we DID win, so they probably thought this was a smart move.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215

I've been grinding nonstop for swim speed chunks, so naturally I've found a bounty of everything else instead. This is both salt and a genuine question, what the hell do I do with all of this!?!?!? :P

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Hmmm... I think I still have a sum total of ONE pair of shoes left with that ability.

Still have yet to wear them! lol

Supposedly, according to translations of upcoming patch, it'll be buffed to let you roll in any direction and possess no end lag/cooldown before you can move. Maybe then someone will actively choose to use it?

Berry

Senior Squid
NNID
BlazzBerry

I've been grinding nonstop for swim speed chunks, so naturally I've found a bounty of everything else instead. This is both salt and a genuine question, what the hell do I do with all of this!?!?!? :p
Could you maybe share some tickets? I havent even seen a swim speed ticket in the last month...;-;

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Could you maybe share some tickets? I havent even seen a swim speed ticket in the last month...;-;
My two swim speed drinks gave almost no chunks, the above has happened merely with Krak-On gear :P I'M DOOMED EITHER WAY YAAAAAAY!

Luminario

Full Squid
On my road to front roll queen I don't think I versed a single back roll team. I really wanna see how drastic the difference in popularity was.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
On my road to front roll queen I don't think I versed a single back roll team. I really wanna see how drastic the difference in popularity was.
I had a very similar experience...! This was the least enjoyable Splatfest for me to date, sadly. Not only did I not like the theme, but I played against three Back Roll teams in 32 games yesterday. ;(

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
How much does it take to break a squid?

Let's see.
So we have this wonderful splat fest theme going on. While every other region tends to get acceptable or great themes, Europe is stuck with toilet paper. If that wasn't bad enough, let's evaluate the amount of players in each team. Something about 80%-20% at best. How would I assume that? I don't have to assume folks. I've had the honor of playing for both teams this time around so I could have some wonderful insight.

After 7 placement matches I got my wonderful 2.1k Splat Fest Power which should guarantee acceptable teammates, right? Wrong.
Boi I haven't seen more incompetent and terrible players within the last week of playing simple turf.... which was chuck-full with all kinds of special players, notably often assigned to my side since the game thinks I'm an excellent babysitter.... Not that it matters much since I only got to play against Team Backroll how often? Three times. I can tell you that for sure since every other battle I was facing my own team, so facing the other team FOR A CHANGE was super-fresh. Hell yeah, boiz. -.-
So after my initial high of having reached a score of.... 2273... hello there losing streak. Losing 20-30 matches almost without interruption feels really great, you should try that sometime.

It only took me hours and a terrible night of sleep in between to reach king. 0/10, not going to do this agai---

Oh, right. Now for Team Backroll. I promised my friend to grind to King for her since she left for vacation. I figured with Team Backroll, 2 rotations should be plenty. I was wrong. Ended at 57/99 Champion because Team Backroll isn't safe from disgustingly bad matchmaking either. Yeah, put that lv6 Roller on my 2k team. Sure. No Patrick, the Brella is NOT a meta weapon. Ugh.

Have I forgotten anything? Oh, no, no, except for that sorry excuse for a stage layout for Shifty Station. It's such a mess I don't even know where to start. Obstacles everywhere? Check. Terrible choke? Check. Sponges which can get into your way of shooting all the time? Yup. Ink Rails to make things even more frustrating for long range fighters? Double Check. Making sure that Shifty Station is the stage you play on despite there being 3 stages per rotation? Oh hell yeah check that one too.

I am usually very calm. People who know me can vouch for that. But the last two or three days, but especially during Splat Fest, I went into *illegible Russian swearing*-mode permanently. I think I've cursed everyone's name and the devs and 42 because duck everyone. This is what it takes to break a squid, folks. This is it, right here.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
With my experience as front roll player it has been either winning or "oh. are we getting spawncamped again?"

I didn't have the most amazing experience on the new shifty station either. It literally consists of one single choke point with a bunch of inkrails across it and a bunch of sponges because reasons. Since everyone is there just about always, it meant that wipes quickly happen due to unlucky splashdowns/ballers.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
You know, Splatoon matchmaking being what it is, I encounter the same people frequently enough in League to recognize them. And as such, I recognize that some people are a guaranteed loss when they're on my team. Mr. I (to hide your identity), between your incredibly poor sniping skills and your predilection to hang out with people who go 0/7 and ragequit, I would very much recommend that you rethink your approach to Splatoon. This happens every single time I'm paired with you.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Look, Dessgeega's salty again! Whutta shocker!

Now, I fully understand why the situation is the way it is. Fixing this would require extra coding and design work that they didn't want to bother with. That said... Getting EXP tickets when I'm max level is so freakin' annoying! Put in the effort, Nintendo! Remove exp tickets from the bonuses at 50, or let us trade them for cash like gear, or do anything at all with them! It's frustrating that one category of salmon run reward becomes a booby prize once you've played enough.

This miiiiiiiiiight have been brought on by today's salmon run's session, where upon completion I only received a mountain of gold and two exp tickets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom