• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm a tad leery of future splatfests. Shifty Station has a pretty shoddy track record. All the fun and excitement and snails comes at the cost of 24 hours of whatever stage they slap together over a lunch break.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I'm a tad leery of future splatfests. Shifty Station has a pretty shoddy track record. All the fun and excitement and snails comes at the cost of 24 hours of whatever stage they slap together over a lunch break.
Tee hee, thanks for making me chuckle so much you guys. xD Maybe it should be called "Shoddy Station" instead? :D To be honest, the very first time I encountered it, I called it "Glitchy Station", 'cause for me the stage was quivering and looking unsightly/glitchy when the platforms were moving. >.<
And psst, I also like to call it something else, but I don't want to write it out. ´´xD

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Ansible's Splatfest in a nutshell:

Ansible spends around twenty-ish seconds jumping and dancing in front of a charger on a ledge who just stands there, repeatedly shooting and missing. Ansible's teammate spends almost as much time shooting at said charger on ledge, drizzling her in ink and getting her shoes dirty. Ansible finally gives up and starts shooting at teammate. Charger finally splats Ansible and then splats Ansible's teammate.

FIN.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I actually really enjoyed the flight V invisibility one, but having to turf is always a bummer for me...

ALSO -- WHY CAN'T WE DO PAIRS IN SPLATFEST? WHAT IS THIS INSANITY?

Okay, I'm very salty about that one. Give me Splatfest pairs.

(Also, why not do random, crazy modes in Splatfest instead of turf... twists on the existing tower/zones/RM rule sets? SOMETHING different.)

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I actually really enjoyed the flight V invisibility one, but having to turf is always a bummer for me...

Okay, I'm very salty about that one. Give me Splatfest pairs.

(Also, why not do random, crazy modes in Splatfest instead of turf... twists on the existing tower/zones/RM rule sets? SOMETHING different.)
Is it possible to open a room (for Splatfests), tell a friend to join the room, and then search for two random teammates, like in Salmon Run?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Is it possible to open a room (for Splatfests), tell a friend to join the room, and then search for two random teammates, like in Salmon Run?
Nope! You either go in alone or with 3 friends. No other options.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
So much salt over the new Shifty Station stage and understandable salt as well, the design of it was pretty silly.

Two very narrow choke points that get completely blocked off by rotation walls. If one team manages to get to either side and hold pretty much wins and that has been my experience with this new Shifty Station stage so far (at least I was on the winning side for most of the matches on that stage).

For now I just got to Champion and slowly making my way to King Vampire status and the road to King has been a rough one. I can say that I only won around half of my games so far, it's been a back and fourth experience usually losing my games from getting spawn camped the whole game or losing in the last 10 seconds.

Getting to King is going to take a while this time around compared to previous Splatfests.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Marina was too salty for the other Splatfest losses so she made that really crappy stage. Best reason I can come up with
This has to be it, but in her salty rage, she forgot her own team has to play it. That must be it. You aren't you when you're salty.

Popularity
Solo
Twin
Quad
that's 4 things splatfest would need to keep track of, resulting in potential ties. it STINKS we can do twin squads in saltfest, but this is probably why.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Yeah, this shifty station was all kinds of messed up in so many ways. I think the worst part was the fact it felt like someone could just wait on the other side of turn styles and ambush you with ease. Every time I went to the other side I was stressed someone was waiting to splat me on the other side.

The turning speed of the turn styles was also an issue. One time, my friends and I got a full team wipe, but we were all stuck on our side. In the time it took to wait for the wheels to turn, the other team all respawned and were ready to fight.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I finally managed to get to Queen, I'm dropping the game until the next salmon run session because it seems we're getting another Grizzco weapon, which will be fun.

Honestly? I hope the next Shifty Station is just a blandish, simple stage like Flight vs Invisibility was. It was simple, they couldn't really mess it up, and because of that it was moderately enjoyable. I appreciate them trying new things, but Splatfest is not the place to do it. All these hastily thrown together shifty stations are making me disillusioned with Splatfest. NA shifty station was a nightmare for it's rotating platform choke points, EU was a nightmare for a single chokepoint, I wonder how bad Japan's is.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
thanksfornothing.jpg
Dear (insert a string of Russian swearing and insults here),

I hope you burn in hell.

Sincerely,
a pissed off squid who wanted to have a decent league session

On a less vulgar note, my first two matches were losses because of comps that don't paint, or consist of two long range weapons (inlcuding E-Liters).
Don't take terrible comps into Twins.
Thank you for your attention.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
To be honest, the very first time I encountered it, I called it "Glitchy Station", 'cause for me the stage was quivering and looking unsightly/glitchy when the platforms were moving.
Yeah. Mayonnaise vs Ketchup shifty station was a nightmare in it's own right. The platforms failed to constantly update your position on the moving platforms, making your inkling jitter around in the most headache inducing manner possible @_@ So glad that map is gone. The invisible mayo squids were really difficult to keep track of too.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Yeah. Mayonnaise vs Ketchup shifty station was a nightmare in it's own right. The platforms failed to constantly update your position on the moving platforms, making your inkling jitter around in the most headache inducing manner possible @_@ So glad that map is gone. The invisible mayo squids were really difficult to keep track of too.
For me it was the other way around, my Inkling didn't jitter but the entire stage jittled when it moved... :confused:

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
For me it was the other way around, my Inkling didn't jitter but the entire stage jittled when it moved... :confused:
I'm getting a headache just thinking about it...

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
This has to be it, but in her salty rage, she forgot her own team has to play it. That must be it. You aren't you when you're salty.

Popularity
Solo
Twin
Quad
that's 4 things splatfest would need to keep track of, resulting in potential ties. it STINKS we can do twin squads in saltfest, but this is probably why.
You just have pairs and team in the queue (like League is listed normally) and combine the results. Same amount of points. So the points are:

Popularity
Solo
Team/Pairs

And while we’re at it, let team/pairs rotate through all four PvP game modes. Why not?

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
You just have pairs and team in the queue (like League is listed normally) and combine the results. Same amount of points. So the points are:

Popularity
Solo
Team/Pairs

And while we’re at it, let team/pairs rotate through all four PvP game modes. Why not?
If I could 'like' this post five times, I would. :D I couldn't agree more. I have a sister who's awesome at Splatoon (she basically only plays turf wars) and I wish I could play with her more often, I tend to land in the opposite team a lot of the time...

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
If I could 'like' this post five times, I would. :D I couldn't agree more. I have a sister who's awesome at Splatoon (she basically only plays turf wars) and I wish I could play with her more often, I tend to land in the opposite team a lot of the time...
I play pairs league with my wife every night, and it’s a blast. Sucks I can’t do that during Splatfest. It’s kind of the thing I’m salty about most in this game. I get very mad about it like once a month or so.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
Aerosprays, sploosh-o-matics, dualies, and whatever turf machines you're totin'... if I am the highest (or even second highest) inker on a solo queue splatfest team... with a BAMBOOZLER, we deserve to lose!

/( .□.) ︵╰(゜益゜)╯︵ /(.□. /)/(.□. /)
Areosprays and rollers as far as the eye can see for me and i’m genrally out inking everyone on my team using a. 96.. I feel your pain..

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
8q1o.gif
I actually liked Salty Station this round =p

Hopped on after work to see what I could see before I got too funk to drunction, and I honestly don't get what all the tears are about. Had plenty of matches that ended in a stomp one way or the other, and a few nice close ones. I do know now, however, that morning is definitely the time for me to play. By the time I had to scramble to work tonight I think my highest fes power was 1811. I promptly got busted back down to the 1500 range where I belong, but it's all good.

...except for the sharky Splashdowns.:(

...and Snapper Canal.:mad:

Now to sit back and wait for that delicious, delicious SPLATFEST WAS RIGGED REEEEEE salt.
:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom