• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
Oh wow I actually believe I encountered him as well, multiple times. One time on TC he completely bodied me, and the other time on RM he was on my team.
I've had a string of these types of games recently, too. Zero or no cracks with a win or two away from ranking up... and then weirdness. Actually, fun story. I encountered @Saber in the wild during one of these things. His team's out of no where overtime win over my team in Splat Zones ranked started a huge losing streak where I broke the meter.

The most common theme in these losing streaks was weird weapon compositions. I'm not sure if Nintendo is able to account for this kind of thing in match making, but it's a real problem.
Sorry the post is before the quote, I done messed up bad.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
@Slushious, dear, you know I love you but... bless your heart chil, bless your heart. :p

Meanwhile Salmon Run couldn't show up soon enough, though after this splatfest I'm not sure if I should feel salty about Mr. Grizz thinking I'm a Salmon Run E-Litre main. Or thinking I need an E-Litre twin from time to time... somehow... I'm okay with this. *drowns*

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Well, I'm pretty frustrated that the special Grizzco weapon seems to have a MUCH lower spawn rate than Grizzco Blaster did. What the heck? Why bother balancing it by making it never show up? Come on, this happens like once a month, let us go crazy for a while. Don't bother balancing it, the whole point of Grizzco weapons is to throw balance out the door and give us a pure fun weapon. Increase the spawn rate for it again! :c

iced potato

Senior Squid
Well, I'm pretty frustrated that the special Grizzco weapon seems to have a MUCH lower spawn rate than Grizzco Blaster did. What the heck? Why bother balancing it by making it never show up? Come on, this happens like once a month, let us go crazy for a while. Don't bother balancing it, the whole point of Grizzco weapons is to throw balance out the door and give us a pure fun weapon. Increase the spawn rate for it again! :c
All my random teammates seem to keep getting turns with the Grizzco weapon, but Mr Grizz must have something against me because I keep getting given the freaking Goo Tuber. I've gotten it 3 times even though I've only played 4 rounds of Salmon Run so far.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
All my random teammates seem to keep getting turns with the Grizzco weapon, but Mr Grizz must have something against me because I keep getting given the freaking Goo Tuber. I've gotten it 3 times even though I've only played 4 rounds of Salmon Run so far.
i got the dynamo roller while everyone got the weapon. i felt so horrible.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Aerosprays, sploosh-o-matics, dualies, and whatever turf machines you're totin'... if I am the highest (or even second highest) inker on a solo queue splatfest team... with a BAMBOOZLER, we deserve to lose!

/( .□.) ︵╰(゜益゜)╯︵ /(.□. /)/(.□. /)
How about being the best inker if your using the clash blaster?

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
No offense, I hated this Splatfest. Not because of the teams, those were amazing, but how did Team Vampire manage to clutch win EVERY battle? Here's a picture I took from Zackscott's video, where Team Werewolf obviously won, but Team Vampire one in the end. How? I think that Nintendo is purposely making Pearl win now to have a repeat of Splatoon 1.
IMG_1070.PNG

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
No offense, I hated this Splatfest. Not because of the teams, those were amazing, but how did Team Vampire manage to clutch win EVERY battle? Here's a picture I took from Zackscott's video, where Team Werewolf obviously won, but Team Vampire one in the end. How? I think that Nintendo is purposely making Pearl win now to have a repeat of Splatoon 1.View attachment 5715
To me, it seems pretty clear that Team Vampire won that match. Team Vampire had infiltrated Team Werewolf's base, and those small chunks of paint do matter in the end.
But it did look like a close one. :)

iced potato

Senior Squid
That reminds me of this screenshot I took during the Mayo vs Ketchup. When looking at the ink covered stage, I was so sure I lost this game to Mayo. Even when I still look at it now, it looks like there's slightly more Mayo ink to me.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Aerosprays, sploosh-o-matics, dualies, and whatever turf machines you're totin'... if I am the highest (or even second highest) inker on a solo queue splatfest team... with a BAMBOOZLER, we deserve to lose!

/( .□.) ︵╰(゜益゜)╯︵ /(.□. /)/(.□. /)
Ever have this happen while using an E-Liter? It happened to me on a couple of occasions. The rest of the team was, as expected, Aerosprays and Splattershot Jrs. How was I doing better at inking than those monsters of Turf coverage? Matches like that make me sad. It means that the other players were either inking spots that were already inked over in our teams color or they were sitting in a corner and posting on Squidbook rather than helping out. The jerks!

At least it's good to know while we EU folk didn't get the same Shifty Station as you US people, they were both equally horrible. Hooray!

Here's the layout of our version, for those curious enough

It really was one choke point with a bunch of ink lines and sponges scattered around. Since there is only one choke, the entire team is there almost for the entire match until someone drops a baller/splashdown and slays them all. And because of the sponges in the middle, most long-ranged weapons become completely useless because you spend most of your time watching your bullets disappear inside your own teammates.

And should you score that wipe, victory is almost assured because the enemy team will have to pass through the dreaded choke point in order to win which is going to be nearly impossible.

It was a really dumb map and I'm glad it's gone now.
I agree, that Shifty Station looks like a nightmare to deal with! Only one choke point with a bunch of sponges means that every match will be decided by the well placed Splashdown/Baller and that tactical play goes out the window in favor of the classic Zurg Rush. But which would you rather have? A map with one choke point entirely or a map with two choke points that are only open for three seconds at a time thanks to the revolving door shenanigans? This Splatfest was already a painful enough one without the craptacular design of the US Shoddy Station (Thanks a lot, Marina. I was trying to help you!).

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Well, to those who thought they lost, that's turf war for you. It's pretty misleading to be honest, just because there's no percentage or indication if you're going to win half the time.

As for ****ty station this time around, why Marina?

Why did you construct Trump's wall, and replace the tool booths with the rotating doors you find in Trump Towers as the only entrances into the other side of mid. And did I mention there is little to no vertical positioning here? Why is that? It's because Marina thought that museum from S1 was good, but she didn't make the damn spinners inkable in this map. Which leads to this awful game of waiting for the spinner to finally revolve around to the other side. And even if you do make it to the other side, your "flank" can easily be stopped by someone patrolling the side, since you only have one opening to come out from. The least they could have done to make this stage not complete garbage was add some ink lines on the sides or even over the wall, but no. Let's make this stally stage with no high ground relatively available. It almost sounds like Port Mack.

Before I concluded that this map is trash garbage, I tried hypothesizing on what could be effective here. I tried. I said "maybe stingray is good on this map". Not really when the other side of the wall is so open for movement. "Maybe I can flank better and push on the sides with a baller so if someone is there, I don't get vaporized"? lol nope. By the time I get out of the spinner, half of my special is drained, so I can't chase anyone down with it. "ugh, wut about sloshing machine or heavy to ink over the wall?" I'm getting desperate. Sloshing machine with the recent nerf can't really ink the other side effectively, and even without that nerf it still wouldn't ink much if anything. And it's not getting a kill since you need to be kissing the wall to get the slosh over. As for a ranged weapon like the heavy, still bad option since you have no long lines of sight, unless you're looking horizontally on one of the sides, and no high ground is pretty bad for this weapon.

So yes, I think this map should never ever be allowed in a shooter game, just because a huge wall separating the two sides leads to boring gameplay, tedious waits to get across the side, and the layout of the stage looks lazily done. The stage just doesn't look fun, and it isn't fun to play on. Especially when you're forced to play turf all day, under the constant threat that you might unfortunately get this stage.

sorry for the rant

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
To me, it seems pretty clear that Team Vampire won that match. Team Vampire had infiltrated Team Werewolf's base, and those small chunks of paint do matter in the end.
But it did look like a close one. :)
You can say the same for Team Werewolf.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
No offense, I hated this Splatfest. Not because of the teams, those were amazing, but how did Team Vampire manage to clutch win EVERY battle? Here's a picture I took from Zackscott's video, where Team Werewolf obviously won, but Team Vampire one in the end. How? I think that Nintendo is purposely making Pearl win now to have a repeat of Splatoon 1.View attachment 5715
Because the maps are using perspective. The long paths down are much smaller in reality than they seem on the map, hence there's less points made on them than you might think, and the center has more inkable points than it looks like. And in addition to having the advantage on mid, they have loooots of paint splotches on the other base. While a small win, it's a win. I doubt Ninty is haxxing extra percents somewhere just to influence the win quotas now. I can understand the frustration though, I've had plenty of matches on other maps where I was sure we lost or won, but damn sprinkles made the deciding difference. Crossing my fingers your next splatfest will be less of a terrible experience.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I really wish people would just stick with bland yet effective weapons like the regular Splattershot. All i keep seeing now are E4K's who miss every shot and then start blocking my view with bubbles, or Goo Tubers who get the most kills through splashdown. Just pick up the easy weapons, not only are they more effective but they are also far more easy to learn. It saves you a real headache!
Or at the very least, don't get them into ranked before you 100% mastered them!

On another note:
Is it just me, or is Bubble Blower really bad? If i see my teammate start creating them i tend to immediately pop them so they stop blocking my view. It's like a moving round splash wall, except it blocks your shots aswell. It just feels like a hindrance to both you and the enemy.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Because the maps are using perspective. The long paths down are much smaller in reality than they seem on the map, hence there's less points made on them than you might think, and the center has more inkable points than it looks like. And in addition to having the advantage on mid, they have loooots of paint splotches on the other base. While a small win, it's a win. I doubt Ninty is haxxing extra percents somewhere just to influence the win quotas now. I can understand the frustration though, I've had plenty of matches on other maps where I was sure we lost or won, but damn sprinkles made the deciding difference. Crossing my fingers your next splatfest will be less of a terrible experience.
Eehh, I guess that makes sense, but then again, Team Werewolf had most of the middle covered in along with a lot of Team Vamp's base. There was also another match that I did where we inked about 60% with like 5 splotches on our side, yet we still lost by a good percent or so.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I really wish people would just stick with bland yet effective weapons like the regular Splattershot. All i keep seeing now are E4K's who miss every shot and then start blocking my view with bubbles, or Goo Tubers who get the most kills through splashdown. Just pick up the easy weapons, not only are they more effective but they are also far more easy to learn. It saves you a real headache!
Or at the very least, don't get them into ranked before you 100% mastered them!

On another note:
Is it just me, or is Bubble Blower really bad? If i see my teammate start creating them i tend to immediately pop them so they stop blocking my view. It's like a moving round splash wall, except it blocks your shots aswell. It just feels like a hindrance to both you and the enemy.
It depends how you use them and what weapon you are using. If you're using a splatling, then it's kinda bad, but I think chargers can snipe though them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom