The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
15. Fifteen. Five and ten. That's how many disconnects I've witnessed today. It's ridiculous. We've reached the point where I can assume half my matches will become 3v4 one way or the other. Something's happened on Nintendo's end, maybe they disabled regional matchmaking because I'm seeing tons of Japanese and European players now. I hope not, because this horrid tickrate + international matches creates tons of lag as it is. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but the situation has worsened. Ugh.

Oh, and I had a losing streak because disconnects, blah de blah.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Dear Nintendo,

Of all the weapons to NOT be released, why is Undercover Brella one of them? All the other weapons in the trailer came out this year, so why not the Brella too? We received the Tenta Brella in September, so that's about 3 months without a new Brella! It made sense when the Hydra came out, it was a fan favorite. Dualie fans have long awaited the arrival of the Glooga Dualies after the Dualie Squelcher's entrance in July, but not much else is justified. No one really wanted the N' Zap 89, and Slosher Deco's kit seems horrible. Many Brella fans, including me, have be waiting for the Undercover Brella, so why not bring it out next week?

From,

Me

P.S.
If you don't release it next week, I'm going to **** ***** * ***** **** * * *****, okay?

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
I am usually the least coordinated squid in the room, and this was a very tense couple of moments, but worth it and pretty standard for what happens when I get stuck in the scrim :'D
(this usually precedes panic mode, when I start just inking my way in circles around the stage dodging everything)

Had a great time turfing with friends this week, though, even if I am now stuck in solo at a freshness level usually way outta my league.

I am now the Bane of Rollers. Like, officially.

The Squeezer is everything I hoped it'd be. I had to get one. Too bad I'm only competent with the Inkjet in SR, lolol.

Yeehaw Missiles.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Worst possible sounds in the Nintendo library of audio files:
  • Baby Mario crying
  • Flying of a blue shell
  • Low health on any given LoZ game
  • Inklings spamming "ouch"
It sounds so whiny and annoying it makes me want to reach for the mute button. I get it, you're dead. Now stop spamming, it's not gonna make it any better.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I'm a bit salty that Salmon Run isn't on today. ;c It's the main day of Christmas celebrations in Sweden and I'm spending the day by myself, playing some SR would've made me a bit happier fo' sho'!

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Worst possible sounds in the Nintendo library of audio files:
  • Baby Mario crying
  • Flying of a blue shell
  • Low health on any given LoZ game
  • Inklings spamming "ouch"
It sounds so whiny and annoying it makes me want to reach for the mute button. I get it, you're dead. Now stop spamming, it's not gonna make it any better.
Sorry xP
I do this whenever there is an opponent squid lurking over my dead body (pressed roughly every second while they are still over me, stopped once they leave that specific spot) as a rudimentary call-out for solo queue.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I hit "Ouch" by reflex when I die unless a teammate very clearly saw me die. If an enemy kills me, and an ally is close, I will hit "ouch" 3 times in an attempt at alerting them. I'm just not sure if my allies find that annoying or they know what I'm trying to do.

Speaking of which, my hitting "ouch" on reflex once got my entire team killed. There was one point where all of my enemies were ganging up on me, so I hit the "ouch" button on reflex when I thought I would die. The thing is....it took my enemies much longer to kill me than I thought they would, and I ended up going "This way!" instead. My teammates all superjumped to me and died.....whoops.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Sorry xP
I do this whenever there is an opponent squid lurking over my dead body (pressed roughly every second while they are still over me, stopped once they leave that specific spot) as a rudimentary call-out for solo queue.
I don't mind the prompt itself, it's just that the sounds are horribly annoying.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
If and when I spam Ouch it's a "Look! Bad guy here! Kill him!" kind of affair. I'm sure it's not the best habit, but how else are we supposed to communicate with allies? Usually I just hit it as soon as I die and no more, as a notification. If you're gonna spam, have a reason :P

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
Does anyone else just find the inkling noises in this game to be worse overall? The "Ouch" noises are the worst, but a few others are bad, like the inkling boy's "This Way" that actually sounds like "this way". They probably removed some sounds that were in Splatoon 1, but I can't remember there being any from Splatoon 1 that aren't here as well.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
What mode was that? The few times I've ever gotten that many kills, the match was a landslide in my favor. I'll add you on Switch, but I don't play it way too often.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Does anyone else just find the inkling noises in this game to be worse overall? The "Ouch" noises are the worst, but a few others are bad, like the inkling boy's "This Way" that actually sounds like "this way". They probably removed some sounds that were in Splatoon 1, but I can't remember there being any from Splatoon 1 that aren't here as well.
I personally think Inkling noises are much cuter in Splatoon 2. Male inkling's "spaghetti!" is cute. Makes me want fanart of a male inkling in a high chair messily eating spaghetti. Males also have one that sounds like "Eat fresh!". Females have oh so many. Their "This way!" noise that is "Lesss goooo!" is adorable. Sounds like they're trying to be Mario. I smile every time I hear the "vweenee!" when talking to one in a lobby. When I first heard the "sugiyo!" one, I misheard it as "sukiyo", and I almost lost it.

I will probably gush about this at a later date, but for now there's the condensed version.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Hey it's Squidmas! How about some delicious holiday snow?

"Why the hell is this snow salty?!"

Sure, I'm okay with a 6~15+ match losing streak in turf war with level 1~15 teammates who are obviously new, players on both team that recklessly super jump and/or rushdown the center and any living squid, and regular disconnects... but to have some of these same instances in rank?! With players that are level 30~60?!

I was in no way dreaming of a salty, salty Squidmas!!

D

Deleted Member

Has anyone else been seeing an increase in squidbaggers? I've been seeing a variety though...
The regular squidbag, the cod bag, the slow bag and lets not forget the '$2.99 with your bonus trip to the shadow realm' bag we see all the time in ranked.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Has anyone else been seeing an increase in squidbaggers? I've been seeing a variety though...
The regular squidbag, the cod bag, the slow bag and lets not forget the '$2.99 with your bonus trip to the shadow realm' bag we see all the time in ranked.
If they're lower levels than most people then maybe they're either new to splatoon or played the first one where squidbagging happened all the time and don't know that nobody does it in S2 cuz of SplatNet2 w/ reporting. I don't personally see any in my matches all that often (maybe like 1 a day). Either that or it could be people squidpartying which consists of a lot of that and waving and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom